Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dynomax
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions > 2013 Fest Discussions (IV)

2013 Fest Discussions (IV) Fest VI discussions.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #26
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post

Yep, I had it until they added those 2 shop cars that did not belong in the class (LMR and IPS)that did not even participate in Qualifying. It screwed not only me but everyone that did participate in Qualifying.

You are completely right to be upset about this.
The biggest points of how wrong this was and how bad it ruined the race are:
1. Those cars did not belong in an amateur, trophy only class. If you have a full paid race team, advertisement all over the car and can’t even drive your own car and have to hire a professional driver to complete in an amateur class. That itself is pitifully wrong. And I hope they feel a real accomplishment with the $10 trophy they practically paid for.

2. Those cars did not even participate in Qualifying, and if they they would have, they would have been the fastest qualifiers. That would of adjusted the ladder In a position that would of had me as third place qualifier running against the 7th place qualifier instead of running against an almost 8 second car that did not even participate in qualifying. This affected not only me but The Barron got beat up over this too.

3. If they had qualified and the ladder was put together properly The Barron and I would have had a chance to make to either semi-finals or finals. There is also the chance that those two could not avoid running against each other, and would open a spot for a legitimate (street)car to make it to finals.

4. Politics have no place in drag racing in my opinion.

Other than the completely screwed up drag race which was bull, I had a great time during the event, but now wish I did not even participate in the drag race at all. I have never seen anyone get away with this at any other racing event. If you did not properly qualify you should not be allowed in the class.
Lets not forget that they called everyone to staging and the IPS car and the lmr car both stayed at the trailer for 30+ minutes cooling down while everyone was else was ready to go. The track announcer was going bullshit.

The lmr car shouldn't have been allowed on the track. Just a quick look showed countless tech problems:

1: It went 9.1 at 155. Had a 6 point cage and no chute.

2. Driver, not the owner, was racing in a t shirt.

3. No crotch belt.

4. Battery sitting on the floor of the passenger side. Just sitting there.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #27
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Lmr car:
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #28
KRIS10

Drives: 2010 2SS Black and Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
3. No crotch belt.
Haha....he said crotch belt.

Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy III ♥
Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #29
Merc
COTW 12/5/11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
If it was a qualified ladder, nobody should be on ladder without making a qualifying pass period. Further if it's multiple qualifying pass's you must alternate lanes as well.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #30
Merc
COTW 12/5/11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Quote:
Lmr car:
That's total BS and dangerous to say the least. Not mention no crotch strap or chute. I just bought two extended capacity batteries for my laptop to data log Pumpkin this fall. Bad enough having a laptop flying around inside the car, a battery could be deadly.

Last edited by Merc; 08-05-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #31
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Maybe I'm glad I didn't make it. This stuff is not cool.

SSS-Sandy Hook...sorry to hear about your car
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter
Old 08-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #32
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
I feel like a heel after the whole vert/roll bar thing. No tech/No run should apply to everyone.
Build Thread
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #33
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I feel like a heel after the whole vert/roll bar thing. No tech/No run should apply to everyone.
Yup. Me too. That dude should have just came and went. Tech was obviously quite lax. In the northeast they'll pull you for going fast with rubber valve stems. You need metal ones after a certain speed. Jeff looked the other way when I asked him about it. So if the track director could care less so will the rest of the staff.

This stuff needs to be cleared up before the next fest. They need to decide if its an actual event or an exhibition. Rules need to be in place and followed. It left a sour taste in everyone's mouth.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #34
Never Satisfied
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: '10 1SS/RS M6 SW
Wow, I wondered what the deal was with the shop cars running in your class. I just figured since it was happening you were all ok with it. That's a rough deal.....sorry for you guys.
Roto-Fab CAI, MNM 224/236 114, UD Pulley, VMax TB & Intake, Kook's LT's w/ Cats & X, Kook's Ex, Pedder's Xa Coilovers, UMI Trailing Arms, UMI Toe Rods, BMR Subframe Bushings, DSS 9" kit w/ 4.57's, MNM DynoTune 479rwhp/451rwtq 12.03 @ 121.62mph (1.9 60')
Old 08-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #35
Never Satisfied
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: '10 1SS/RS M6 SW
Real sorry to hear about your car Supercharged. I hope you get it all sorted out soon.
Roto-Fab CAI, MNM 224/236 114, UD Pulley, VMax TB & Intake, Kook's LT's w/ Cats & X, Kook's Ex, Pedder's Xa Coilovers, UMI Trailing Arms, UMI Toe Rods, BMR Subframe Bushings, DSS 9" kit w/ 4.57's, MNM DynoTune 479rwhp/451rwtq 12.03 @ 121.62mph (1.9 60')
Old 08-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #36
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
Wow, I wondered what the deal was with the shop cars running in your class. I just figured since it was happening you were all ok with it. That's a rough deal.....sorry for you guys.
There was no discussion about it. They just did it. The other unlimited cars had no choice.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #37
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
Real sorry to hear about your car Supercharged. I hope you get it all sorted out soon.
Thanks. Prob just a couple weeks. I'm gonna change out a bunch of other stuff as well.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #38
Slickcas

Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
That was the easiest tech I have Been through. Did not even ask me to open the hood. I could've had a NOS bottle mounted beside the supercharger lol.

Suppercharged SS even after your car broke it still sounded badass. And thanks for letting me fill up my air tank.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #39
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
I really didn't want to be a cry baby but its not like guys like me get v to do heads up racing very often.. I was having issues all weekend but should have never been paired first round with that car..

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
Old 08-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #40
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcas View Post

Suppercharged SS even after your car broke it still sounded badass. And thanks for letting me fill up my air tank.
Thank you. We were figuring 9.60's after the first pass or two. When its not eating itself it goes pretty good.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #41
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
I really didn't want to be a cry baby but its not like guys like me get v to do heads up racing very often.. I was having issues all weekend but should have never been paired first round with that car..
You're hardly being a crybaby. It was f'ed up. All you guys got the shaft.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #42
The Baron

About the tech thing. At events like this a strict nhra tech cannot be followed,. A stock zl with a set of drs and a good tune would require a cage, and that kind of aggressive thinking will kill var count. That being said, a safety HAZZARD needs to be avoided.

these fun runs are based on a common sense approach to beingbsafe and still allowing for fun... my car was messed uup all weekend and onlybmade 1 decent pass, I still had a great time... next year a guy who is PART if the community should be present and in charge of the drag side, not just the autocross because texas is going yo bring some cars. .

Old 08-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #43
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Lets not forget that they called everyone to staging and the IPS car and the lmr car both stayed at the trailer for 30+ minutes cooling down while everyone was else was ready to go. The track announcer was going bullshit.

The lmr car shouldn't have been allowed on the track. Just a quick look showed countless tech problems:

1: It went 9.1 at 155. Had a 6 point cage and no chute.

2. Driver, not the owner, was racing in a t shirt.

3. No crotch belt.

4. Battery sitting on the floor of the passenger side. Just sitting there.
Great point, not to mention I had to turn my car back off and heat soak again and wait for the LMR car because the owner could not drive the car, and had to wait for the driver to come back from running their other shop car.

Hey let me know what happen to your engine, I am sorry that happened. You can only stab something so many times before it dies, LOL. If you need anything I still have my entire original rotating assembly thats like brand new. So if you need a crank, pistons or rods let me know. I know you have better stuff than that in there but just offering to help anyway I can. Your ok in my book.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #44
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
Great point, not to mention I had to turn my car back off and heat soak again and wait for the LMR car because the owner could not drive the car, and had to wait for the driver to come back from running their other shop car.

Hey let me know what happen to your engine, I am sorry that happened. You can only stab something so many times before it dies, LOL. If you need anything I still have my entire original rotating assembly thats like brand new. So if you need a crank, pistons or rods let me know. I know you have better stuff than that in there but just offering to help anyway I can. Your ok in my book.
Thanks A. It'll be a couple days before we know the extent of the damage. Hopefully the important stuff didn't get to beat up.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #45
The Baron

Lol im straight copying supercharged icechest/pump combo lol no more heat soak for me !

Old 08-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #46
John Deere Racer

Drives: 2013 zl1 m6
4 classes

3 different gen5s

V6
V8 (1le) would b n that class
Zl1

Stock
Bolt on
Heads cam
Power adder

Qualify Friday
Race Saturday
Eliminations

592rwhp 616rwtq bolt ons only
www.mikenorrismotorsports.com
Www.lgmotorsports.com
Old 08-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #47
SRT5939
Srt 5939

Drives: 2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange
Tech should be followed period, saftey first. It's all fun and games till someone ends up Dead!
There's no excuse for a car going 150mph plus without the proper safety equipment. Only a person with complete disregaurd for his own life would drive a car that fast and not be up to par or above it.

No professional driver I know is that stupid.
PWR 393
F1D Pro Charger
250 DP N2O
Builder Bill Nag1
GForce 9" 390
Tunned By Brent at DTP
Home of the Fastest Hemi's in the World

Last edited by SRT5939; 08-05-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #48
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Camaro Fest Drag Racing : Chat, pics/vid, share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
If it was a qualified ladder, nobody should be on ladder without making a qualifying pass period. Further if it's multiple qualifying pass's you must alternate lanes as well.

They absolutely qualified. The system won't put them in the ladder without it.
Quote:
Yup. Me too. That dude should have just came and went. Tech was obviously quite lax. In the northeast they'll pull you for going fast with rubber valve stems. You need metal ones after a certain speed. Jeff looked the other way when I asked him about it. So if the track director could care less so will the rest of the staff.

This stuff needs to be cleared up before the next fest. They need to decide if its an actual event or an exhibition. Rules need to be in place and followed. It left a sour taste in everyone's mouth.
I told the guy to not ask the question if he didn't want to hear the answer. Tech will be cleaned up next year. It's much easier to deal with someone pissed they can't run without a DS loop than guys quoting safety issues. I promise this will be a focus next year and hope you all will back me when the complains start. But it will be a good thing. Also a completely different track.

Unlimited class and faster will change next year. Rules for these classes remained the same as last year and the cars met the rules so easy to defend whether right or wrong. This is 100% on me an I will own it. I have more to add but still making the trek home. Tks for the constructive discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #49
lewylew

Drives: 2010 ZL550
[QUOTE=mlee;6860386]They absolutely qualified. The system won't put them in the ladder without it.

Not to beat a dead horse, but they did not qualify. If they had they would not have ran against the 2 fastest non-shop cars.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #50
SRT5939
Srt 5939

Drives: 2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
They absolutely qualified. The system won't put them in the ladder without it.

I told the guy to not ask the question if he didn't want to hear the answer. Tech will be cleaned up next year. It's much easier to deal with someone pissed they can't run without a DS loop than guys quoting safety issues. I promise this will be a focus next year and hope you all will back me when the complains start. But it will be a good thing. Also a completely different track.

Unlimited class and faster will change next year. Rules for these classes remained the same as last year and the cars met the rules so easy to defend whether right or wrong. This is 100% on me an I will own it. I have more to add but still making the trek home. Tks for the constructive discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
your in a tuff spot and I wouldn't want to be there. We have had the same issues in the MSHS. The cars go faster and faster every year. At some point you have to say enough is enough.
We have put in place NHRA rules for our events, if you don't follow the rules you can't race.
The waiver drivers sigh will not protect you from lawsuits. Way to much at stake for you not to be inforceing the rules.
PWR 393
F1D Pro Charger
250 DP N2O
Builder Bill Nag1
GForce 9" 390
Tunned By Brent at DTP
Home of the Fastest Hemi's in the World

Closed Thread