Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #15
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: The BUFF
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 29,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I didn't want it in Indy, and I'm right beside it. But the big thing is that we have a great head start towards the next fest. Which we probably couldn't have done if we didn't repeat Indy. No more rush rush, where is the next fest going to be for the next two months. We already have things locked down. And the next fest is only 9 months away
Yeah trust me we all know you didn't want it in Indy. Trust me I understand part of the reason why you guys did it.
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #16
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
This, without a doubt, is the reason fest numbers were down this year. This is what we've been wanting to hear from the mods the whole time. Not the "the sign up is different this year, we're really gonna have a bigger crowd!" stuff. Flat out people didn't want to go to Indy again. Except for well, the people near Indy.

I think putting it in Texas was the best move out of the entire history of Fest. I think that C5 Fest 5 will be truly one for the books.

Thank you mods for putting a Fest in Texas.
We really didn't have time and resources to scope another location. We all had a ton of personal stuff that forced us to repeat in addition to the need to make some improvements to the fest in general. And when you move from the north east to the south you have to give your self a head start since summer in the south is out of the question.







Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Yeah trust me we all know you didn't want it in Indy. Trust me I understand part of the reason why you guys did it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #17
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic
 
f5journal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: aiken, sc
Posts: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
This, without a doubt, is the reason fest numbers were down this year. This is what we've been wanting to hear from the mods the whole time. Not the "the sign up is different this year, we're really gonna have a bigger crowd!" stuff. Flat out people didn't want to go to Indy again. Except for well, the people near Indy.

I think putting it in Texas was the best move out of the entire history of Fest. I think that C5 Fest 5 will be truly one for the books.

Thank you mods for putting a Fest in Texas.
__________________
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #18
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,308
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I figured the reason for the Indy repeat was simply because there wasn't enough time to get everything together for Texas. I'm pretty happy with the new location though.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #19
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: The BUFF
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 29,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
We really didn't have time and resources to scope another location. We all had a ton of personal stuff that forced us to repeat in addition to the need to make some improvements to the fest in general. And when you move from the north east to the south you have to give your self a head start since summer in the south is out of the question.

Trust me. I've been in Florida all my life. You should know that summer is horrible here. I understand why it's in early May. Good thinking there.
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
jlugo
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2014 1LE 'Summit White'
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Temple, Texas
Posts: 2,351
Next year it's gonna be 'Epic'... Everything's bigger in Texas!

jlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #21
Retro69

 
Retro69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS M6 Synergy Green
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Morgan, UT
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
You're going to piss off people, different people from various regions, every time you move it. Can't avoid that unfortunately. Moving it around gives everyone a fair chance.

How about we start doing this twice a year to increase our chances
The thing is you can't keep pissing off the same people year after year. The folks in the intermountain west, the west coast and the northwest have been left on the fringe for years now. Yes, moving to TX is further west but it's also further south. Even folks in San Diego still have a 20 hour drive and that gets worse as you move up the coast. San Francisco: 28 hrs, Portland, OR: 33 hrs. I mean really and I hear some complain about having to drive 3-4 hours

I think you're going to find more and more local events popping up because folks are just tired of being left out.
__________________

480 rwhp ERL 416 ci with JDP Stage II Big Bore Cam
JDP tune, CAI intake, Dynatech LT headers, hi-flow cats
VMAX CNC Ported TB. GMPP Z/28 suspension package
Prothane sub-frame bushings.

Last edited by Retro69; 08-06-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #22
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,734
Indy is just too far away for me to bring Pumpkin and August is a bad time of the year for me. Not that Texas is any closer then Indy and I probably won't have Pumpkin with me. But I'm planning on flying in for the parking lot party. Not missing the Texas Boy's shooter bar.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #23
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
The thing is you can't keep pissing of the same people year after year. The folks in the intermountain west, the west coast and the northwest have been left on the fringe for years now. Yes, moving to TX is further west but it's also further south. Even folks in San Diego still have a 20 hour drive and that gets worse as you move up the coast. San Francisco: 28 hrs, Portland, OR: 33 hrs. I mean really and I hear some complain about having to drive 3-4 hours

I think you're going to find more and more local events popping up because folks are just tired of being left out.
I agree with you, but we can only hope C5F 6 will be Phoenix, Vegas or California.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
You're going to piss off people, different people from various regions, every time you move it. Can't avoid that unfortunately. Moving it around gives everyone a fair chance.

How about we start doing this twice a year to increase our chances
I agree on no one will be happy. But I think keeping it at once a year is perfect. You don't want to oversaturate. Moving it around to different Race track venues to me is a great idea that way people like myself who will probably never see the track at Daytona or Indianapolis Race way in my life have a reason to go see it and experience it. Change is important to keep things fresh.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #25
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,308
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
The thing is you can't keep pissing off the same people year after year. The folks in the intermountain west, the west coast and the northwest have been left on the fringe for years now. Yes, moving to TX is further west but it's also further south. Even folks in San Diego still have a 20 hour drive and that gets worse as you move up the coast. San Francisco: 28 hrs, Portland, OR: 33 hrs. I mean really and I hear some complain about having to drive 3-4 hours

I think you're going to find more and more local events popping up because folks are just tired of being left out.
Well the problem is they have to find venues large enough to hold the event. And I can't really think of any in the Pacific Northwest that would be suitable.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #26
ackeight

 
ackeight's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rockwall, TX
Posts: 1,387
I've been left in the dark. Texas you say next year! I'm in! Time for more upgrades before May.
__________________
ADM tuned 412HP/407RWTQ. Kooks 2" headers w/ cats, ADM race intake, Vmax TB, Pedders XA coilovers and ZL1 sways. 1le clone
ackeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #27
Retro69

 
Retro69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS M6 Synergy Green
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Morgan, UT
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Well the problem is they have to find venues large enough to hold the event. And I can't really think of any in the Pacific Northwest that would be suitable.
hrm... http://portlandraceway.com
__________________

480 rwhp ERL 416 ci with JDP Stage II Big Bore Cam
JDP tune, CAI intake, Dynatech LT headers, hi-flow cats
VMAX CNC Ported TB. GMPP Z/28 suspension package
Prothane sub-frame bushings.
Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #28
AZCamaroFan
Camaro Vanguard
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sometimes
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,392
I don't know if it's posted somewhere but it would be interesting to see the attendance numbers of all 4 CamaroFest's
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.