Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #301
WyteMamba
SStang Killer
 
Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
FYI I'm having Pam digitalize an SS so those will soon be available for everyone at a nice price
awesome thanks, let us when its finished and ready to be embroidered
WyteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #302
i007spectre

 
i007spectre's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS BB
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,052
Thats what I wanted but could never find anyone that would do the autobot symbol.
__________________
So Far - Airaid
To Come - Corsa cat-back, Yellow interior panels, Subthump kit
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #303
Beemer
"Red Rocket"
 
Beemer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Morgan Mill, Texas
Posts: 332
I hate to resurrect an old dead thread but does the headrest cover come off and lay flat?

My wife has an embroidery machine but it can only work on flat pieces....

Thanks.
__________________
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #304
jennnchuck

 
jennnchuck's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: hazlet, new jersey
Posts: 863
i got mine done in long island. sent it away and within 4 days i had it back. they already have the pattern for the autobot emblem. they will do anything you want, very easy to work with. i am very happy with the quality of th ejob they did.

yes once you take the leather cover off the headrest it lays flat
jennnchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #305
zeeya
 
zeeya's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 2SS Transform yel/blk RS SS GFX
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 27
I want to dye the stiching on the SS and all interior to match my body color (Rally Yellow ) any suggestions ?
__________________
2010 Transformers 2SS RS GFX painted to match, 20" Polished Aluminuim Wheels, Custom Engine cover, Sunroof, Thin Black fin inserts, SLP LT Headers with Hi Flow Cats, MBRP 3" Catback Exhaust with X pipe, Aggresive Mufflers & Squire tips, 160 Degree Thermostat, Performance MAF sensor, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablo 93 Octane Tune installed, Hennessey CIA, Yellow Stiching & Door panels with dash inserts. Sloted & Cross Drilled F/R Rotors Stainless Steel Braided brake lines..Sub woofer & amp speaker box
zeeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #306
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
I hate to resurrect an old dead thread but does the headrest cover come off and lay flat?

My wife has an embroidery machine but it can only work on flat pieces....

Thanks.
YES, but your wifes machine will have to have a "free arm" set up, as when you take off the cover, its in the shape of the head rest or like a tube only open at the bottom.
__________________

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 09-25-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #307
T/A Taz
 
T/A Taz's Avatar
 
Drives: was 2010 SS/RS Cyber Gray
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canyon Lake, TX
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
FYI I'm having Pam digitalize an SS so those will soon be available for everyone at a nice price

It been a month since this post, any update?

This is one mod we can afford right now and having the ss done in white against the orange leather would really make it pop.
__________________
Taz Car Journal - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57908

The evil global oligarchy can Suck my tailpipe and Kiss my SS
T/A Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #308
RedRyder
 
RedRyder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by T/A Taz View Post
It been a month since this post, any update?

This is one mod we can afford right now and having the ss done in white against the orange leather would really make it pop.
Well right now I'm waiting for her to get back to me since there was like a 3 week waiting period for the digitalization. Its been just about 3 weeks since she received my headrests and I spoke with her so she should be getting back to me soon, will keep you updated
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #309
T/A Taz
 
T/A Taz's Avatar
 
Drives: was 2010 SS/RS Cyber Gray
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canyon Lake, TX
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Well right now I'm waiting for her to get back to me since there was like a 3 week waiting period for the digitalization. Its been just about 3 weeks since she received my headrests and I spoke with her so she should be getting back to me soon, will keep you updated
Thanks for the quick update Red! Can I throw a little something your way to help cover the set up cost?

I've been playing in Photoshop and think I'll go with black SS that are outlined with white trim.



Or white cause the car is white???

__________________
Taz Car Journal - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57908

The evil global oligarchy can Suck my tailpipe and Kiss my SS

Last edited by T/A Taz; 09-25-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: add pics
T/A Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #310
RedRyder
 
RedRyder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by T/A Taz View Post
Thanks for the quick update Red! Can I throw a little something your way to help cover the set up cost?

I've been playing in Photoshop and think I'll go with black SS that are outlined with white trim.



Or white cause the car is white???
The set up cost isn't that bad, I think she said it was $40, but anything helps a college kid if you feel like helping

btw just a reminder if you already have factory ss headrests, you'll need to order clean ones (without the factory ss) for them to put whatever on them.

Last edited by RedRyder; 09-25-2010 at 08:24 PM.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #311
T/A Taz
 
T/A Taz's Avatar
 
Drives: was 2010 SS/RS Cyber Gray
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canyon Lake, TX
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
The set up cost isn't that bad, I think she said it was $40, but anything helps a college kid if you feel like helping

btw just a reminder if you already have factory ss headrests, you'll need to order clean ones (without the factory ss) for them to put whatever on them.
Yep, I got that info written down for hubby to place the order with GM.

Red, can you PM me a address where I can throw a little something your way. I did this for a couple of organizations way back so I appreciate your time and $$ to get it done.
__________________
Taz Car Journal - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57908

The evil global oligarchy can Suck my tailpipe and Kiss my SS
T/A Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #312
xLoGiK1
 
xLoGiK1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 737
I want to send my headrests over to Pam @ Colorado, but I am skeptical.

I am skeptical because the "RS" Logo on some people's headrests looks a little slanted, and on others it looks perfectly balanced and straight.
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #313
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
I want to send my headrests over to Pam @ Colorado, but I am skeptical.

I am skeptical because the "RS" Logo on some people's headrests looks a little slanted, and on others it looks perfectly balanced and straight.
well you shouldn't......Pam and that crew do a GREAT job, I wouldn't hasitate for a minute....IF I were to buy another RS, I would send the head rests to them AGAIN in heart beat.
__________________
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #314
xLoGiK1
 
xLoGiK1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well you shouldn't......Pam and that crew do a GREAT job, I wouldn't hasitate for a minute....IF I were to buy another RS, I would send the head rests to them AGAIN in heart beat.
Thanks for the review Sir Nuke, but my question is why does the Logo look so slanted on some people's headrests and on others it looks perfect.

Could it be the angle of the picture? Or am I just driving myself crazy
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #315
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy
 
rmpackers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
Thanks for the review Sir Nuke, but my question is why does the Logo look so slanted on some people's headrests and on others it looks perfect.

Could it be the angle of the picture? Or am I just driving myself crazy
You may already be crazy!
My husband is the number 1 nit picker of the entire universe and he says ours are perfect!
__________________
NFL OWNR I love the smell of new car in the morning!
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #316
xLoGiK1
 
xLoGiK1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
You may already be crazy!
My husband is the number 1 nit picker of the entire universe and he says ours are perfect!
Awesome!

I'm pretty picky myself lol, but thanks for the input. I may just go ahead and send my headrests to Pam.
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #317
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
Thanks for the review Sir Nuke, but my question is why does the Logo look so slanted on some people's headrests and on others it looks perfect.

Could it be the angle of the picture? Or am I just driving myself crazy
Its got to be the angle of the picture, I have NEVER heard of ANYBODY complain after Pam did theirs.....and ya know this crowd, if someone did a bad job on ANYTHING on their car.....you KNOW you would hear about it!! lol for you can even ask my wife....she think I am OCD at times when it comes to my car.....and if there was ANY CHANCE they wouldn't have came out perfect.....it wouldn't have been done......After I had mine done about a year ago, I took it back to the dealer to show them....they wanted the info so they could send them out on their lot!!
__________________
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #318
xLoGiK1
 
xLoGiK1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Its got to be the angle of the picture, I have NEVER heard of ANYBODY complain after Pam did theirs.....and ya know this crowd, if someone did a bad job on ANYTHING on their car.....you KNOW you would hear about it!! lol for you can even ask my wife....she think I am OCD at times when it comes to my car.....and if there was ANY CHANCE they wouldn't have came out perfect.....it wouldn't have been done......After I had mine done about a year ago, I took it back to the dealer to show them....they wanted the info so they could send them out on their lot!!
That's awesome! Good to see other Camaro Owners that are just as picky as me

I'm going to give Pam a call later on today.

Thanks for all the info Sir Nuke!
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #319
xLoGiK1
 
xLoGiK1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 737
Does anyone know what color the stitching is on the OEM SS Headrests? I want to do mine like that. It looks the cleanest.
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #320
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
Does anyone know what color the stitching is on the OEM SS Headrests? I want to do mine like that. It looks the cleanest.
well here is what I did, and that was to make the RS look like the cars badge. The stiching around the RS is "silverish" not metalic thread....but a light gray. here is a pic of mine.

Name:  HEADREST2.JPG
Views: 848
Size:  113.1 KB
__________________
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #321
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour
 
Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: chicago
Posts: 1,211
are you guys all sending your headrests to the same place?
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #322
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
are you guys all sending your headrests to the same place?
I don't think so. I sent mine to the place this thread was started about.....here is their address, and who you need to talk to there is PAM:

Embroidery Plus Quick PrintEmbroidery Plus Quick Print
501 West St
Pueblo, CO 81003-2366

(719) 542-0234‎
__________________
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #323
xLoGiK1
 
xLoGiK1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well here is what I did, and that was to make the RS look like the cars badge. The stiching around the RS is "silverish" not metalic thread....but a light gray. here is a pic of mine.

Attachment 168498
Thanks Sir Nuke, but I am talking about the OEM SS Headrests that already come stitched from factory. What are the colors that GM used?
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #324
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
Thanks Sir Nuke, but I am talking about the OEM SS Headrests that already come stitched from factory. What are the colors that GM used?
There are bound to be some pictures of some SS head rests....OR better yet.....stop by a dealer and see if they have an SS sitting there adn see for your self.
__________________
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #325
xLoGiK1
 
xLoGiK1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
There are bound to be some pictures of some SS head rests....OR better yet.....stop by a dealer and see if they have an SS sitting there adn see for your self.
I saw a picture of it and the outline of the logo looks like a light silverish color, and the inside seems to be black.

Can anyone confrim?
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats the difference between Camaro SS vs. SS w/RS package? JBsC6 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 39 11-08-2012 10:15 AM
Pay full price for RS package if we have SS??? JeanBond21 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 53 08-26-2011 01:04 PM
rs ss??? CaptianSam Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 17 10-15-2008 03:17 AM
Camaro LS / LT / RS / SS specs and options! CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 119 09-02-2008 09:46 PM
Thoughts on Relative Pricing of the RS Package jmliptak Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 22 07-28-2008 01:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.