Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 08-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
faSSteddie

Drives: 2013 Victory red/white stripes SS
service TPMS

While driving to work this a.m. my dash said that I needed to service the TPMS system. My car is a 2013 with 6000 mi. The screen where it shows the actual tire pressure shows a dash for the left rear tire. I checked the tire and it was fine. I looked up the problem here and got a headache with all the back and forth mess. : you can, you cant, you need a tool, you don't need a tool, my '12 does, my '12 does not....ad naseum. Can I reset the sensor/system myself without a tool or not ? (remember it is a 2013.) If I have to go to the dealership, is it covered under the warranty? how long does it take the dealership?/should I have to leave it there? Does any body know for sure?
faSSteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE Ashen Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by faSSteddie View Post
While driving to work this a.m. my dash said that I needed to service the TPMS system. My car is a 2013 with 6000 mi. The screen where it shows the actual tire pressure shows a dash for the left rear tire. I checked the tire and it was fine. I looked up the problem here and got a headache with all the back and forth mess. : you can, you cant, you need a tool, you don't need a tool, my '12 does, my '12 does not....ad naseum. Can I reset the sensor/system myself without a tool or not ? (remember it is a 2013.) If I have to go to the dealership, is it covered under the warranty? how long does it take the dealership?/should I have to leave it there? Does any body know for sure?
No, you need a tool for a 2013...it takes no time to do if you have the tool, under 5 minutes...they should reset it for free....
Old 08-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
faSSteddie

Drives: 2013 Victory red/white stripes SS
cool

Thank you kindly!
faSSteddie
faSSteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
You do need a tool for a 13, but you may also have a bad sensor if it just suddenly quit reading pressure.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
lionssfan
drive it like U stold it

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
I thought the manual setting could still be done on all the Camaro years. where you put it in reset mode on your IP cluster and let the air out at each wheel starting at the front left...right front and working clock wise around the vechicle. that's how I did my 2010
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
I thought the manual setting could still be done on all the Camaro years. where you put it in reset mode on your IP cluster and let the air out at each wheel starting at the front left...right front and working clock wise around the vechicle. that's how I did my 2010
Well you thought wrong. On a 2010 you can, but not a '13.