Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
RobertRS

 
RobertRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 775
Remote start

Hey all....I was browsing through the owners manual after my wife and I picked up her new ride and in the remote start instructions where it mentions how to operate it and which conditions it would not operate under ,such as hood open.....yada yada.....one of the conditions it mentions that it may not operate under is if there was low oil pressure.....And I said .....Huh? What?...... Isn't the oil pressure always low before the engine is started? Can anyone shine some light on whether I'm just not reading it right. No big woop either way as the remote start feature works just fine.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
wayne watson

 
wayne watson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: loganville
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Hey all....I was browsing through the owners manual after my wife and I picked up her new ride and in the remote start instructions where it mentions how to operate it and which conditions it would not operate under ,such as hood open.....yada yada.....one of the conditions it mentions that it may not operate under is if there was low oil pressure.....And I said .....Huh? What?...... Isn't the oil pressure always low before the engine is started? Can anyone shine some light on whether I'm just not reading it right. No big woop either way as the remote start feature works just fine.
gotta think it was talking about while spinning engine over
__________________
wayne watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
Outlander
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MN
Posts: 131
I suspect they are referring to low engine oil level. Oil at rest still has mass and applies a pressure on the transducer. Similarly, my Ram won't remote start if the fuel level is below a certain level.

There is an interlock for the hood that keeps it from starting if its open.
Outlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,482
If it detects a low oil pressure while it is remote started it will shut the engine off automatically and not allow another remote start until after it has been started normally.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
RobertRS

 
RobertRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
I suspect they are referring to low engine oil level. Oil at rest still has mass and applies a pressure on the transducer. Similarly, my Ram won't remote start if the fuel level is below a certain level.

There is an interlock for the hood that keeps it from starting if its open.
Yea ..I under stand the hood open thing and all....but low oil pressure. Clearly it has to be a mis-print or ill reference. The engine doesn't crank long enough before firing to produce any significant oil pressure.At least mine doesn't Like I said...no big woop ...just was curious if anyone else ever read this in the manual and was taken back a bit. Life is good.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #6
RobertRS

 
RobertRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
If it detects a low oil pressure while it is remote started it will shut the engine off automatically and not allow another remote start until after it has been started normally.
That makes sense. The wording under the no start conditions in the manual don't make sense.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #7
wayne watson

 
wayne watson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: loganville
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Yea ..I under stand the hood open thing and all....but low oil pressure. Clearly it has to be a mis-print or ill reference. The engine doesn't crank long enough before firing to produce any significant oil pressure.At least mine doesn't Like I said...no big woop ...just was curious if anyone else ever read this in the manual and was taken back a bit. Life is good.
hey on my drag car, I can build over 60 psi with a drill while priming pump, it doesn't take much
__________________
wayne watson is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.