Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 08-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
Shawn '12

Drives: Camaro 1SS/1LE
All season tires for 1LE

Posted this at the 1LE section but didn't get any traction so I'll try here as well.

The stock 1LE tires are awesome when warmed up and in warm weather but I will be driving the 1LE all year long so I'm thinking about switching to all season tires. Do you guys have any good suggestions on all season tires that will have good traction in the dry and wet? I won't be driving it when it snows but wouldn't mind to be able to just come home if it snows unexpectedly while I'm out. I will probably stick to the size of the stock tires I think...

I have a couple of options that I like so far :

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Ultra high performance All-Season in the 285/35 dimension

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

OR

Continental Extreme Contact DWS Ultra high performance All-Season, but the stock size doesn't exist. The sizes available are:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....WSXL&tab=Sizes

What do you guys think? The conti is much cheaper but the sizes aren't going to be the same as stock. I know the conti are good but haven't heard much about the michelin.
Shawn '12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
ive had the DWS on my previous car on 20s.. great tires for what they were ... currently I'm on Nitto NT420s, and no complaints... didnt drive in snow this past year- they handled cold NYC temps well though
Old 08-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
Rudy@Tirerack

Drives: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
+1 both of those are good options. However I would be very cautious about putting an all season tire on a 1LE Camaro. Big handling downgrade versus the Super Sticky Goodyears from the factory.

When ordering online please reference "Camaro5" at checkout. This helps to support the forum.
Rudy@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Shawn '12

Drives: Camaro 1SS/1LE
Thanks guys. I decided to go with the Michelin after all. Hopefully it's not going to be a huge downgrade from the Goodyears. I know there will be difference in the grip but hope it won't be huge.
Shawn '12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn '12 View Post
Thanks guys. I decided to go with the Michelin after all. Hopefully it's not going to be a huge downgrade from the Goodyears. I know there will be difference in the grip but hope it won't be huge.
normal driving youll be fine. A/S tires were never an issue until i upgraded my suspension...with everything I did, the A/S tires are now the weak point of everything.. now if i accelerate spirited out of a turn in the rain the rear end steps out a bit since there is much less give everywhere in the suspension than therewas before

i was already dropped on PFADT springs... in april I did:
pedders 32mm sways /endliks front and back on middle setting
radius rod, steering rack, subframe bushings
BMR trailing arms and toe links

With all this I still didnt notice it too much... Then I did BMR tunnel brace and subframe connector, and I guess that put it over the top when combined with everything else.

I would imagine my car handles a little better than a 1LE now, but you may experience a bit of the same... The Michelins are definitely a better tire than my nitto NT420s though.. please let me know how you like them !