Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
codeman71
GM Employee
 
codeman71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 253
PDIM Software Update

Due to Camaro1's detective abilities, he has found that a software update was available for the PDIM in his Camaro. It should resolve a lot of the issues concerning lockups at startup and while playing music on a USB drive. Visit your dealer to see if the update is available for you.

Be forewarned that the update is going to take a while (Camaro1 reported a 50 minute update) so you may only want to do this update if you have been experiencing problems.

If anyone gets the update, keep us posted on if it improves the operation.
__________________
I work for GM and I designed the interface for the Camaro USB and Bluetooth audio streaming interface. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about how the USB or Bluetooth works!

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
trudawg660

 
Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,642
i think i will go get this today
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
Croathlete
Danny
 
Croathlete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,655
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Is this update geared only towards flash drive problems?
__________________
2SS/RS CGM with black rally stripes

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Please help me fight back by supporting me in the 2010 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Every little bit helps. Click here for more information. Thank you to those that have donated!
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
codeman71
GM Employee
 
codeman71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Is this update geared only towards flash drive problems?
No, it should improve the operation overall for all types of devices.
__________________
I work for GM and I designed the interface for the Camaro USB and Bluetooth audio streaming interface. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about how the USB or Bluetooth works!

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
Good stuff. Will have to give that a go. Do you know if there's a reference number or anything to tell them to look it up? If the service department is even half as stupid as the sales department they will have no clue on how to do it or even where to look. Or maybe I'll just take it to the Pontiac/GMC dealership that's much closer to my house.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
Bell040


 
Bell040's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: B'ham, Alabama
Posts: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Good stuff. Will have to give that a go. Do you know if there's a reference number or anything to tell them to look it up? If the service department is even half as stupid as the sales department they will have no clue on how to do it or even where to look. Or maybe I'll just take it to the Pontiac/GMC dealership that's much closer to my house.
+1
__________________
Ordered: 10-13-08
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!
 
CGM2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Raptor
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Notinsuspensionthread
Posts: 944
Thanks for the hit codeman71! Much appreciated!!
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
GM actually has the update info online and publicly available (thanks codeman). All you need is your VIN # and you can see it (should be the same). I assume your dealer can use these to get the full details.

Part Number CVN Description

20861681 0000A80A New software for improved operation including proper handling of WMA DRM music, addition of the play/pause button and RSA support, and improved Zune/PFD connection robustness.
20840959 0000A24C New software to address: USB sorting/indexing issues; Bluetooth interface/implementation improvement; Apple iTouch implementation/interface issues
20824078 0000EB10 Operating system

From the looks of it, there's 3 versions. Some interesting changes in there.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,363
Test so i remember my VIN
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #10
ZZcamaro


 
Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,703
Now what do we do with this info?
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
Now what do we do with this info?
If you're having problems, go to your dealership and ask them to update your PDIM module. If they can't find it, provide them with the numbers above and/or point them at that website I linked above and it should help them out.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
Frayles
 
Drives: 2014 Turbo Regal and 87 GN
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Shore, MA
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Due to Camaro1's detective abilities, he has found that a software update was available for the PDIM in his Camaro. It should resolve a lot of the issues concerning lockups at startup and while playing music on a USB drive. Visit your dealer to see if the update is available for you.

Be forewarned that the update is going to take a while (Camaro1 reported a 50 minute update) so you may only want to do this update if you have been experiencing problems.

If anyone gets the update, keep us posted on if it improves the operation.
Hi Codeman71,

I was just curious if you can tell if these updates have already been done at the factory? I am guessing that the firmware update has not as it seems brand new and my car was built on 06-18-09 and I don't even have it yet to test out the system. All the other updates regarding brakes and radio, restraints etc have been done already to my car??? TIA
__________________
2SS, Nightfall Gray, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Blk Bowties
Gen 6
1100 01-22-2016
2000 03-22-2016
3000 03-25-2016 TPW 4/11
3400 04-01-2016
3800 04-08-2016 - Built
4200 04-08-2016
6000 04-20-2016

Gen 5
1100 04-22-2009
2000 05-15-2009
2500 05-19-2009
3000 05-21-2009
3400 06-10-2009
3800 06-18-2009
4150 06-18-2009
4200 06-19-2009
4800 06-29-2009
4B00 06-30-2009
5000 07-10-2009!!!
Frayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #13
trudawg660

 
Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
GM actually has the update info online and publicly available (thanks codeman). All you need is your VIN # and you can see it (should be the same). I assume your dealer can use these to get the full details.

Part Number CVN Description

20861681 0000A80A New software for improved operation including proper handling of WMA DRM music, addition of the play/pause button and RSA support, and improved Zune/PFD connection robustness.
20840959 0000A24C New software to address: USB sorting/indexing issues; Bluetooth interface/implementation improvement; Apple iTouch implementation/interface issues
20824078 0000EB10 Operating system

From the looks of it, there's 3 versions. Some interesting changes in there.
ok i just plugged in my VIN and 12 (controllers) popped up. is it saying that i need all of those
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
ok i just plugged in my VIN and 12 (controllers) popped up. is it saying that i need all of those
No. Just select the PDIM module.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Details about PDIM & Bluetooth functionality & upgrading your non C&C car with them Matt'sSS Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 55 02-09-2015 07:56 AM
USB port intermittent... shall we compile a list of PDIM failures? JDBeck23 Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 49 09-01-2009 01:57 AM
Potential Huge Problem.... 2010 Camaro Nose Cracks (UPDATE: NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL!) Nine Ball 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 328 05-03-2009 08:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.