Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #392
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclarsen View Post
HMMMM any way to add phone bluetooth?
Good question. I think the other Bluetooth module is apart of the Onstar "box". Not 100% sure though.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #393
baclarsen

Drives: 2010 Camaro lt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Good question. I think the other Bluetooth module is apart of the Onstar "box". Not 100% sure though.
Yea thats where I get lost, I can't understand why you dont get the phone capability back when the onstar was not touched and the pdim that was missing is no longer missing....
baclarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #394
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclarsen View Post
Yea thats where I get lost, I can't understand why you dont get the phone capability back when the onstar was not touched and the pdim that was missing is no longer missing....
They're two separate modules. If you want phone calling support, you have to replace the OnStar module with one that has that capability.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #395
baclarsen

Drives: 2010 Camaro lt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
They're two separate modules. If you want phone calling support, you have to replace the OnStar module with one that has that capability.
Thanks for the info...
baclarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #396
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Hopefully codeman can make something happen from his end.

I'm scared for when the Volt comes out. With as much as that thing relies on software, it will surely need updates. GM is going to need to do a LOT of training and a lot better job at communicating things than they have with this stuff.
UFC, did you ever get your PDIM software updated? If so, which dealership and location? Thanks....
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #397
dbol

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Anyway to find out what version my PDIM is without taking it to the dealership?

As far as issues go, I found a couple via USB. The car simply won't properly index a 4GB USB stick (Sandisk Cruzer; reformatted several times, mp3 files ONLY). It cycles the indexing constantly. I had to use another 4GB stick (Kingston) with the car, which was indexed only once, and then worked properly. I did use a 1GB stick same brand as the 4GB (Sandisk Cruzer) I was having problems with, and that did work. Don't know what was going on there...

Also, my Motorola Droid works on USB, plays the first song, but it too continuously cycles the indexing process.
dbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #398
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbol View Post
Anyway to find out what version my PDIM is without taking it to the dealership?

As far as issues go, I found a couple via USB. The car simply won't properly index a 4GB USB stick (Sandisk Cruzer; reformatted several times, mp3 files ONLY). It cycles the indexing constantly. I had to use another 4GB stick (Kingston) with the car, which was indexed only once, and then worked properly. I did use a 1GB stick same brand as the 4GB (Sandisk Cruzer) I was having problems with, and that did work. Don't know what was going on there...

Also, my Motorola Droid works on USB, plays the first song, but it too continuously cycles the indexing process.
When using the USB (iPod, memory stick), press and hold the menu button. Your hardware and software version will pop up on the screen.
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #399
rjrizzuto

Drives: 2010 Equinox
Is there any way to know what version the radio would display based on the information at http://tis2web.xw.gm.com/tis2web? The PDIM page has Part number and CVN, but not version or the date the update was released. I hate to waste a visit to the dealer if I have the latest, but I am dying to get WMA DRM to play correctly. I have tried 3 Sansa's in MTP mode and everything works except WMA DRM music (or audio books).
rjrizzuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #400
RandyB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 SIM
PDIM Issue Still Not Resolved

I have read a few posts indicating members have successfully recieved the update, but can anyone confirm that their issues were resolved by the PDIM rev. CE? I am having the problem with the Zune/iPod being recognized sometimes and other times it is not recognized and the head unit only displays AUX OUT. I went to the dealer and had the PDIM updated to CE using part #20893390. After the update I confirmed the head unit displayed SW ID: CE while using the Zune and holding the menu button on the head unit. BUT, THE ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED. It worked when I left the dealer, but just as before the update, it intermittantly fails to recognize there is a supported device plugged in to the USB. Once it is in this state, it is difficult to reset, sometimes unplugging and powering down works, sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps the dealer loaded the updated, but failed to perform some reset or calibration step to activate it (just guessing).

The issue seems to be widespread among forum members. I have seen many posts indicating successful loading of the update, but none that state they were having the problem before the update and then it was resolved. Has anyone successfully resolved this issue and gone a week or two without recurrence?

codeman71, One thing I am wondering about...the tis2web site indicates a few different part numbers. Does part #20893390 = CE? Does this part # include the fixes in the earlier part numbers (20861681)? Or do they all need to be installed?
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:58 AM   #401
1962MarkVI

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Codeman, my dealer said they had to replace the PDIM because it would not update.
Have you heard of this? Sounds like they can't update it, so their solution is to order a new one with a new software version. I really don't care as long as I get it updated, but
it seems that they should be able to do the update.
I just had my car updated on 11/23. There was another car in for the same update. The other car took the update via wireless interface, but when my car was being updated the wireless interface failed and had to be updated via USB. Apparently, there are a couple different ways the update can be performed.
1962MarkVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #402
mikedcmf
Mike

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
My bluetooth phone worked but now its not. Its weird, I can press the phone, it says ready, I say call, it says using blackberry (what i called my paired device) say name tag, I say name tag, it says connected but I never heard any dialing or anyone answering and they don't hear me. I have since deleted the device from both the car and the phone and have not tried to marry them up again. Is this being address at all? I have the storm2 which worked beautifully when I first set it up and a few times there after.
mikedcmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #403
USAFR

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 85 Z28,99 740iL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedcmf View Post
My bluetooth phone worked but now its not. Its weird, I can press the phone, it says ready, I say call, it says using blackberry (what i called my paired device) say name tag, I say name tag, it says connected but I never heard any dialing or anyone answering and they don't hear me. I have since deleted the device from both the car and the phone and have not tried to marry them up again. Is this being address at all? I have the storm2 which worked beautifully when I first set it up and a few times there after.
Same thing here. I have a Motorola Q9c and it worked fine at first, but have the same exact issue now. I believe they have to do a reset at the dealership, that's what the service manager where I bought the car from told me anyways. When I went to ask about it here locally, they said they would need the car for a couple of hours to find the problem, even after I told them that the other service manager where I bought my car said that GM had a service bulletin concerning this problem.
I wish I could just pull a fuse to reset. I wonder if anyone on here knows of a fuse pull reset for this issue.

Ordered 2012 Honor and Valor Limited Edition 2SS/RS, SW, Auto
1100 ?, order placed directly by GM
2000 ?
3000 08/15/2011, TPW 9/5
3800 09/07/2011
4200 09/07/2011
USAFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #404
mikedcmf
Mike

Codeman where are you? we need your input. I re-paired my storm2 yesterday, tried to call out and it says connected but nothing. After hanging up you get some crazy option about private call.... then you have the option to transfer??? I hope its not eating up the onstar minutes. It says private call connected, not sure what key combo finally got it to go away, oh wait yes i do, I pulled the battery in my phone.... By the time it rebooted i was parked in garage and in the house. HELP if you can please
Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #405
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Hey Mike - sorry I haven't been posting here. Unfortunately, the phone Bluetooth isn't the module that I helped design, so I don't know what is causing this. I've already sent this information over to the group responsible, so hopefully they can let me know what's going on, but so far I haven't heard anything. The thing that confuses me is that we've had Bluetooth in our vehicles since MY 2009 and haven't heard of issues like this, and it seems to be happening all of a sudden, so I don't know what's going on. I'll keep you guys updated as I find out information.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #406
mikedcmf
Mike

Appreciate it for sure. Unfortunately i didn't reboot my phone and try it yet but I will and post back later today. The really weird thing is when it states that its a private call and gives you the option to transfer (which doens't do any good if you do) and the radio wouldn't play. That was the first time it happened. The second time while testing I did get the radio to play but it would state on the radio what was playing only the private call connected message UNTIL I disconnected the battery in the phone.

mike
Old 12-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #407
Romeloc

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS A6 Inferno
Im using a usb fash drive and its doing the same thing as the Ipod nano. I could be listening to a certain album and soon as I turn the car off and then turn it back on it goes to some stupid playlist instead of the same album I was listening to. This is sh t is annoying. I can't stand this radio. Too many bugs. Then when u strart the car up its indexing for five minutes and you cant change the song or anything. Wow
Romeloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #408
Romeloc

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS A6 Inferno
I hope somebody comes out with a good kit, so I could put my Kenwood in. But I know the only thing is that a lot of stuff is intergrated in to the radio.
Romeloc is offline   Reply With Quote