Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 11-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
2yr supercharged winter inspection w/pics

Its been two summer seasons (10k kms) since i cammed/supercharged my car, and now with it parked for winter i figured id do an inspection just to make sure everything is still all good. I removed the blower portion of the whipple to find a blown base oring. (boost leak:() obviously from installation. I also noticed a lot of oil pooling in the intake pan of the blower. maybe time to upgrade my rx single valve catch can? i will also be removing the valve covers to inspect the valve springs, i do plan on changing them next year as a preventive measure. Just wanted to share some of the pics ive taken. notice the side of the intake pan have a weird sludge/oily line on them. the intake runners and valves are clean as a whistle tho. feel free to comment on what you think. thanks
Attached Images

Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Ret Fuzz

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Looks good . I would venture to guess and say the "ring around the collar" is due to the Boost leak and the oil is rising to find a way out. How are your plugs? What springs are you going with?

tuned by

http://www.slowhawkperformance.com/
Ret Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
Caswell239

That's what I figured about the ring. Haven't pulled them yet. Good idea I hadn't thought of yet. Unsure on springs yet. They are upgraded from when I did the cam but seems they are a maintenance item now so will figure that out next fall.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
Caswell239

i just drained my catch can. drained it into a solo cup. had maybe a 1/4 inch. am i getting so much oil into my itake and SC because my catchcan is shit? or what you guys think?