Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Old 05-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
allo

Drives: 2011 camaro ls
Camaro 2011 LS V6 Manual Mode

Hi everyone,
I have just joined the website so hopefully i'm writing on the right place. I have a problem with the my 2011 Camro LS that im hoping that some one could help me....here's the stroy>>>when i change the car from automatic mode to manual mode the DIC displays M6....even when am driving on 40MPH and then switch it from automatic to manual still the DIC displays M6...now when i slow down or full stop the car goes to the first gear but the DIC doesn't tell me that on 1st gear. and then when i keep driving on the manual mode, even though i'm on M mode the car changes gears without shifting. can anyone help and tell me if that's normal ???
allo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Did you read your owners manual? That explains it all.

I've read several threads like this. When you put your gearshift in M - You basically have 3 modes - Drive - M6 (sport) and manual.
Drive - best fuel economy
M6 (sport) - automatic but with higher shift points for a sportier feel
Manual - once you tap your paddle shifter when in M6 (sport mode) the car will be in "manual" mode and you need to use your paddle shifters in order to upshift - it will automatically downshift for you if you let the rpms get too low.

Note... you can used your paddle shifters any time. If you use your paddle shifter while in D - you'll shift gears, but then if you don't touch it for about 30 seconds it will go back into full automatic.

Last edited by cam62; 05-28-2012 at 06:00 AM.
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote