Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 08-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
burton227

Drives: 2010 Camaro Yellow w/ Black stripes
Post Best rims/tires cost+performance

Alright so I recently purchased a camaro with the 21 inch rims on it and all everyone is telling me is how much the tires are going to cost to replace so I am looking for new oem rims to get. I want them to be oem becuase I have the transformers edition and want to replace the center caps with the transformers emblem. So I am looking for rims that will be the relatively cheapest to replace so I don't have to worry about smoking the tires and so I can get the most out of my car. How much are you spending on your tire replacements?
burton227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton227 View Post
Alright so I recently purchased a camaro with the 21 inch rims on it and all everyone is telling me is how much the tires are going to cost to replace so I am looking for new oem rims to get. I want them to be oem becuase I have the transformers edition and want to replace the center caps with the transformers emblem. So I am looking for rims that will be the relatively cheapest to replace so I don't have to worry about smoking the tires and so I can get the most out of my car. How much are you spending on your tire replacements?
just go down to 20s and youll be just fine. many MANY tire options in the 20 inch range from expensive performance tires down to bargain tires.
I did the same thing but ditched OEM for lighter wheels that looked the same as the 21inch Dusk rims.

I gave up my cool color matched bowtie center caps I do miss them though.
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
I have some SLP 20" wheels for sale in the classifieds with tires, and your transformers center caps would be a perfect fit.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
These would look great on your car, they are very affordable, you can reuse your centercaps and you would have the same size all the way around so you can rotate.

I would a set of these for $640 shipped and just rock some 275/40 20 all the way around.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-New-20X9-3...7e48ea&vxp=mtr

Or

these 20x9 for $665 shipped. Also rock some 275/40 20s all around.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Fits-Chev...576a79&vxp=mtr
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote