Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
GM_guy
 
Drives: 13 2LT Camaro, 04 Z06, 05 Silverado
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 43
A big question: C5 Z06 to a 2014 1LE

We just bought a V6 2LT for my wife and we really like this car. I've been very impressed with the car and really enjoy driving it. I've like it so much in fact that it has me thinking of selling my 2004 Z06 and buying a new 1LE SS.

So the big question: Would you do it?

If you'd have asked me a month ago I would have said HELL NO! Now I'm not so sure.....
GM_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
Arodr395
 
Arodr395's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_guy View Post
We just bought a V6 2LT for my wife and we really like this car. I've been very impressed with the car and really enjoy driving it. I've like it so much in fact that it has me thinking of selling my 2004 Z06 and buying a new 1LE SS.

So the big question: Would you do it?

If you'd have asked me a month ago I would have said HELL NO! Now I'm not so sure.....
Yes do it, everyone I know that has gotten an 1LE has loved them!!
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #3
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra
 
REDXIIIDave's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 923
Sell the 2004 Z06 and get a 2008 Z06. It'll probably be cheaper and much faster than a 1LE. If you want to go new, however, you can't beat the 1LE for the price.
__________________
El Chupacabra
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
usafboy

 
usafboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXIIIDave View Post
Sell the 2004 Z06 and get a 2008 Z06. It'll probably be cheaper and much faster than a 1LE. If you want to go new, however, you can't beat the 1LE for the price.
I was goin to say this too! You already got a vette, just trade the C5 for a C6 Z06
__________________
2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro SS/RS LS3
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Rhino79 Dyno tuned...405 HP/399 TQ
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
Silverlsinva


 
Silverlsinva's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manassas, Va
Posts: 3,124
Yea im on the boat about upgrading to a C6 Z06 unless u want new and a warranty with it. 1LE is awesome for the money and it seems everyone that owns one has nothing negative to say about it.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
GM_guy
 
Drives: 13 2LT Camaro, 04 Z06, 05 Silverado
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 43
I'm in no hurry just something I was considering.
GM_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #7
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,435
concur w/ trading for a newer Z06. The Camaro is just too heavy(+700 lbs), but almost as fun to drive. Besides, you get alot more waves
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
bballr4567

 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 1,192
The only issue I see is value. The C6Z is going to drop as soon as the C7 comes out. No matter what direction the next Camaro is going to take there will still be pretty strong demand for the 1LE because of how GM put it together.

For me, I'd have to say the 1LE. I love the C6Z but there are just too many issues to not have one in warranty unless you plan on upgrading the motor in the near future.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
The only issue I see is value. The C6Z is going to drop as soon as the C7 comes out. No matter what direction the next Camaro is going to take there will still be pretty strong demand for the 1LE because of how GM put it together.

For me, I'd have to say the 1LE. I love the C6Z but there are just too many issues to not have one in warranty unless you plan on upgrading the motor in the near future.
1LEs will depreciate faster(it's just too new, right now), though not as fast as say, a stock SS.
Value's not going to drop as many think, low mileage CZs still command top dollar.
If you're going to track it routinely, then obviously the warranty on a new car is the 'safer' way to go. If you don't mind chasing other CZs on the track..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
bballr4567

 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
If you're going to track it routinely, then obviously the warranty on a new car is the 'safer' way to go. If you don't mind chasing other CZs on the track..
I'd wish that was the case but there have been issues with the LS7 on cars that havent been tracked at all.

Shoot, I buy most of my cars out of warranty but with a Z06, I'd be very, very hesitant. Thats just me though.

Plus, the C7 with the Z51 package is going to outrun a C6Z.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
bigbob11
 
bigbob11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 259
Get the Z28
bigbob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
I'd wish that was the case but there have been issues with the LS7 on cars that havent been tracked at all.

Shoot, I buy most of my cars out of warranty but with a Z06, I'd be very, very hesitant. Thats just me though.

Plus, the C7 with the Z51 package is going to outrun a C6Z.
..ummm, OK...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #13
mgaspari

 
mgaspari's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 914
I think you should go 1le
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
solo40oz
 
solo40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXIIIDave View Post
Sell the 2004 Z06 and get a 2008 Z06. It'll probably be cheaper and much faster than a 1LE. If you want to go new, however, you can't beat the 1LE for the price.
If you can find a 2008 Z06 cheaper than a 1LE, please point me to it
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.