Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
Rctreece

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Gfx ground effects with npp

Will these work with npp? Is there a aftermarket that looks like the gm but works win npp? I love the gfx except the chrome boxes
Rctreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
SSMickey
SECC

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Have you looked into the ZL1 or quad tip diffuser from Offer? Your not going to get the NPP exhaust to work with the GFX. Just not enough room in there. I guess you could always mod the heck out of the GFX diffuser if you want, but that seems like a waste of money unless you have the skills to do it yourself. It would certainly be a one off piece.
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
An option would be too remove the tips from the NPP and then put expanded mesh inside the GFX bezels for a clean look.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Rctreece

Is there a aftermarket version that looks the same but fits? Or could you just put the front and sides or would that look screwed up?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
SSMickey
SECC

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Nothing aftermarket that looks like the OE GFX and will work unless you want to put some serious time and money into reworking the GFX diffuser. From looking at the pictures of the NPP mufflers, the tips are separate and there is not enough room to cut them off and retain the Duel mode valves. From what I see, your going to have to lose the NPP exhaust to run the GFX diffuser. I don't think it would look screwed up to run the GFX skirts and a different diffuser, but I do think it would look better if you went with the ZL1 rockers and kept your stock diffuser or even installed the ZL1 diffuser also. HTH
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
Rctreece

I think I have found where the zl1 diffuser will work with npp and then I can use gfx sides
Old 08-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
I didn't use the chrome boxes either - made recessed plates to fit my ARK exhaust tips. I think I posted a pick in the rear diffuser sticky. If its no there I'll post a couple.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote