Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 10-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Angry Am I wrong on this?

Long story short, when I bought my Whipple SC kit, it came with the FlashPaq handheld programmer. Since day one, the programmer will not perform it's diagnostic/code reading functions. It loaded the tune file just fine, even logs data, however when you select the diagnostic/code read function, the programmer re-boots itself, every time. I contacted Whipple about this in June and have been going back and forth with them, even sent the tuner into SuperChips for diagnostics/repair. Everybody is stumped, claims the tuner works fine on their end, that it has to be something wrong with the "software" in my ECM. My autozone code reader works like a champ. So, after 5 months of e-mails, shipping back and forth (same unit), Whipple told me I needed to give them $100 and they would send me the new SXT tuner they are selling with the current kits. I think that is piss poor customer service/product support/ or whatever you want to call it. Am I wrong for expecting Whipple to replace the defective product they supplied me with a functioning one, of equal or greater value, without an additional charge, especially after 5 months of grief??

Just looking for a sanity check here...

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Old 10-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
You are right in that they should make it right and send you the sxt for free exchange. Im surprised a company like Whipple wouldn't handle this better
Old 10-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Thanks, that's what I thought, too. Just want what I paid for to work like it was supposed to. My hope is that somebody (Whipple) will get wind of this and make it right.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
very few companies have customer service anymore......its been replaced by customer excuses........they just answer the phone nicely and give you excuses why it is your fault......no theirs.
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.6 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I some what agree with you, if it works for them then maybe there's something wrong on your end. But they still should work with you.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 740rwhp,685rwtq
10aSSee D is online now   Reply With Quote