Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

USA - Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
dianeokie
Going places
 
dianeokie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Nope not her, it was someone else...hopefully he will visit this sure again and respond.
Hmmmm............I saw it too, before it was deleted, but can't remember.....
__________________



"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #27
driser
 
driser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Monroe, Georgia
Posts: 699
I got in contact with the Florida club that is coming up for the event in November. They have a Camaro Corral set up for the weekend, so I am checking with them about joining in, and seeing about getting together for a short cruise/dinner.

I will post up details as soon as I hear back from them.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #28
dianeokie
Going places
 
dianeokie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
I got in contact with the Florida club that is coming up for the event in November. They have a Camaro Corral set up for the weekend, so I am checking with them about joining in, and seeing about getting together for a short cruise/dinner.

I will post up details as soon as I hear back from them.
Sounds good. Will help if needed.
__________________



"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #29
driser
 
driser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Monroe, Georgia
Posts: 699
Trans Am Update - 11/2/13 - 11/3/13

OK here are some preliminary updates:

The Mid Florida Camaro Club is coming up to the race to honor one of their long time members who past away this year. They have a Camaro Corral already set up with the SCCA for the weekend, so I am working on just joining them. They have 15 - 20 members coming up to the event and they will be there Friday - Sunday.

I read on their website that on Saturday the SCCA will be offering parade laps in your car for $ 25.00 (don't know how many laps yet) and for $ 100.00 on Sunday you can drive your car as fast as you dare with an instructor (don't know how many laps yet either). Suffice it to say that I will get all of the details in the next week or two.

So it looks like there will be a couple of days worth of activities, meet and greet with the Trans Am team (possibly more than one), car corral, lap opportunities, and meeting a bunch of Florida 5th Gen guys/gals. As usual, pits are open to everyone and you can watch from anywhere on the track that you want. There will be several different races going on that weekend, as it is the SCCA championship weekend (I believe).

I will need to get them numbers so that they can pass them on to the SCCA for the corral parking, since right now they are set for 15 -20.

If you can, please post (or repost) if you are interested and how many people you plan on bringing. Also please indicate if you are interested in Saturday & Sunday, Saturday only, or Sunday only. I am also going to work on setting up a short cruise and dinner with the Florida group, once they get their schedule set.

Thanks
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #30
dianeokie
Going places
 
dianeokie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
OK here are some preliminary updates:

The Mid Florida Camaro Club is coming up to the race to honor one of their long time members who past away this year. They have a Camaro Corral already set up with the SCCA for the weekend, so I am working on just joining them. They have 15 - 20 members coming up to the event and they will be there Friday - Sunday.

I read on their website that on Saturday the SCCA will be offering parade laps in your car for $ 25.00 (don't know how many laps yet) and for $ 100.00 on Sunday you can drive your car as fast as you dare with an instructor (don't know how many laps yet either). Suffice it to say that I will get all of the details in the next week or two.

So it looks like there will be a couple of days worth of activities, meet and greet with the Trans Am team (possibly more than one), car corral, lap opportunities, and meeting a bunch of Florida 5th Gen guys/gals. As usual, pits are open to everyone and you can watch from anywhere on the track that you want. There will be several different races going on that weekend, as it is the SCCA championship weekend (I believe).

I will need to get them numbers so that they can pass them on to the SCCA for the corral parking, since right now they are set for 15 -20.

If you can, please post (or repost) if you are interested and how many people you plan on bringing. Also please indicate if you are interested in Saturday & Sunday, Saturday only, or Sunday only. I am also going to work on setting up a short cruise and dinner with the Florida group, once they get their schedule set.

Thanks
Still interested, both days. 2 people
__________________



"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #31
csjcsj


 
csjcsj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jefferson, Ga
Posts: 4,418
David, what is the cost per day or both days ?
We are showing Intrest, in this! 2 folks!
__________________
csjcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #32
ken53007

 
ken53007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: acworth ga
Posts: 1,621
Both days for me if I get the time off of work
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #33
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator
 
Southern Comfort's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1LE & 2010 ABM/LT/RS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 2,115
I will both days.
__________________

'10 2SSVortech(sold) *'10 2LT ABM (sweet) *'13 1LE 2SS (sold) *'13 1LE 44? of 44*
Check out the Atlanta area A.C.E.5 events page
Got quality 5th Gen Camaro performance parts for sale? Shoot me a PM with what ya got and what ya want.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #34
driser
 
driser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Monroe, Georgia
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
David, what is the cost per day or both days ?
We are showing Intrest, in this! 2 folks!
Scott,

The price is $ 25 per day or $35 for both, plus $ 5.00 for parking. There are discounts for SCCA members and military, so check the Road Atlanta website for those discounts if the apply. I don't know yet if the Florida group has set up a discount with the corral yet, so the above prices would be the most you will have to pay.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #35
csjcsj


 
csjcsj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jefferson, Ga
Posts: 4,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Scott,

The price is $ 25 per day or $35 for both, plus $ 5.00 for parking. There are discounts for SCCA members and military, so check the Road Atlanta website for those discounts if the apply. I don't know yet if the Florida group has set up a discount with the corral yet, so the above prices would be the most you will have to pay.
Thanks David!!!!
__________________
csjcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #36
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro
 
colemanvoice's Avatar
 
Drives: MOTL3Y
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cumming GA
Posts: 1,282
Looks like I should be able to make this. Please count me as 1. Thanks David!
__________________
colemanvoice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #37
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha
 
DJ-Silver 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 522
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
I plan on being there, possibly both days with 2.
__________________

2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #38
Mr. Bill
 
Mr. Bill's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bufords Ga
Posts: 22
Count me in for both days, 2 people. Thanks!
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #39
musclecargirl
 
musclecargirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS CGM w/IO Interior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fayetteville, GA
Posts: 280
I have 3 people for both days.
musclecargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #40
csjcsj


 
csjcsj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jefferson, Ga
Posts: 4,418
Any updates???
__________________
csjcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #41
driser
 
driser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Monroe, Georgia
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Any updates???
Have been busy getting ready for my track weekend at Road Atlanta, so look for updates next week.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #42
driser
 
driser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Monroe, Georgia
Posts: 699
Trans Am Update

Well I finished up my track weekend at Road Atlanta, so I will now have time to put this together.

So far the details are: Dates are 11/2/13 & 11/3/13 (Saturday & Sunday) and the event is the SCCA American Road Race of Champions. There are a ton of cars/classes racing the entire weekend, with the Trans Am race being Sunday at 12:05 pm on Sunday. You can check out the Road Atlanta and SCCA websites for additional information.

There is a group from Florida coming up for the weekend and they already have a Camaro Corral set up, so we will park in their corral with them.

The Trans Am Camaro driver that I am in contact with to have a meet and greet is Cameron Lawrence, who by the way won his 6th race this past weekend at VIR and has already won the championship with two races to go.

I propose a two day event, that folks can come both days or one day. Saturday has cars on the track beginning at 8:00 am and the Trans Am cars qualify Saturday at 1 pm. As stated above, they race on Sunday at 12:05 pm and the race is 40 laps.

I believe that there will be parade laps available on Saturday and possibly laps with an instructor on Sunday. The SCCA calls this their PDX, which is set for Sunday morning from 9:30 am - Noon. There is a fee for both, and I will get more information from SCCA this week.

I also suggest that we plan on grabbing an early dinner on Saturday....open for suggestions. We will also invite the Florida Club, so the number might be high.

I will put out additional details later this week, including prices etc. If someone is interested in trying to come up with some suggestions for dinner that would be great.

For now anyone who has not posted their intentions to come, please do so as soon as possible. Also everyone post up if they are interested in dinner Saturday night.

I will put up a list of those attending later.

Joe can you please add this to the ACE5 website?
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #43
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)
 
572HP's Avatar
 
Drives: "Black Ice"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suwanee, GA
Posts: 1,703
Just added to the calendar.

Count me in for dinner as well. I'm not certain yet if it will be just me, or up to 3 additional.
__________________
572HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #44
driser
 
driser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Monroe, Georgia
Posts: 699
List of those attending

OK here is the official list of who plans on coming to the event:

1 - David (me)
2 - Diane (dianeokie)
3 - Gina/Pat/Chase (muscle girl/muscle boy/muscle junior
4 - Dan (Colemanvoice)
5 - Scott (Skidpuppy)
6 - ?? (LikeaRokBowTie)
7 - Ken (Ken53007)
8 - Chris (Southern Comfort)
9 - DJ (DJ-Silver)
10 - ??(Venom SS)
11 - ?? (GroundPilot)
12 - Dex (Dexcam1)
13 - Scott (csjcsj)
14 - Jeff (SlowSS)
15 - Tim (Timbo)
16 - ?? (sloSS...there are two of you?)
17 - Bill (guessed at the name due to "Mr. Bill")
18 - Joe (572HP)
19 - ??? (Mr. 305)
20 - Tim (tw3ss)
21 - Mike (Cam 1LE)

Last edited by driser; 10-02-2013 at 12:32 PM.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #45
Mr.305
 
Drives: Camaro 2010 2LT RS CGM
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Acworth Georgia
Posts: 4
Im in!
Mr.305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #46
t!mbo
 
t!mbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 45th 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 314
I am still in, just confirming. Probably 1 on Saturday and 2 Sunday.
__________________
t!mbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #47
LikaRokBowTie

 
Drives: 2014SilveradoCCZ71
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: on your 6
Posts: 875
Count me in,and who do you pay for this.Would helmets be available for the track run or bring your own.Thanks
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #48
driser
 
driser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Monroe, Georgia
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
Count me in,and who do you pay for this.Would helmets be available for the track run or bring your own.Thanks
Tickets purchased at the gate. $ 35 for both days ($25 for one day) plus $ 5.00 for parking. I have a e-mail out to the SCCA to see if there is a group discount available. Free for active military, and discounts for veterans and family.

I would suggest bringing a helmet, but I will also find out about this as well as the rating needed.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #49
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!
 
Toyaholic's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 442 Vert / '02 M3 Vert
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,316
See you there!
__________________
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #50
Mr.305
 
Drives: Camaro 2010 2LT RS CGM
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Acworth Georgia
Posts: 4
Thumbs up Confirmation

Confirming two for sunday but maybe three
Mr.305 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.