Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #26
gajagfan

 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
I really like the sunroof and I do track the car (I knew what I was getting myself into. Also I am not that tall). I just love how it makes the inside of the car so much brighter (even when not open) I would reorder
I get the height issue with the sunroof, which is why I did not get one, but can you have a car at the track on anything but fun days with glass in the roof? I would have thought that was a no-no for safety reasons.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #27
Mojave

 
Mojave's Avatar
 
Drives: Waiting on LT1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I get the height issue with the sunroof, which is why I did not get one, but can you have a car at the track on anything but fun days with glass in the roof? I would have thought that was a no-no for safety reasons.
Never had an issue and there are lots of cars out there with sunroofs.
__________________
Future 2016 Camaro Owner
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #28
45thAnniversary2SS


 
45thAnniversary2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I get the height issue with the sunroof, which is why I did not get one, but can you have a car at the track on anything but fun days with glass in the roof? I would have thought that was a no-no for safety reasons.
What? There is glass in the windows.... what's the difference?

OP. I'd reorder and get sunroof. I open it as soon as I get in the car. I'm 6' 1" and have no issues with headroom. I actually like the fact that it is a few inches shorter.
__________________
45thAnniversary2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #29
Cool1LE
 
Cool1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
You are I are about the same height. Just went and checked fit. With my Recaros all the way down and my helmet on there is a little bit of room above my head. A little bit, not much but I can move around normally.
Good to know... Thank you for checking!! I'm going in to tomorrow to review options......
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #30
BOSS_HOSS
 
BOSS_HOSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 133
This exact thing happened to me with my 2010 SS/RS where they said they forgot to add the 2SS/RS for the halo headlights.

Turns out they located one exactly as I ordered minus the halo headlights and was hoping I'd just take it...they make more money on a car already built...I'd be curious to see how many miles it had on the odometer when you went to pick it up.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS 1 7/8" Long Tube American Racing Headers w/high flow cats, Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Shifter, JRE 445 Street Cam Package tuned via SCT, Pedders Street 1 Kit.
BOSS_HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #31
Cool1LE
 
Cool1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS_HOSS View Post
This exact thing happened to me with my 2010 SS/RS where they said they forgot to add the 2SS/RS for the halo headlights.

Turns out they located one exactly as I ordered minus the halo headlights and was hoping I'd just take it...they make more money on a car already built...I'd be curious to see how many miles it had on the odometer when you went to pick it up.
12 Miles
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #32
Mojave

 
Mojave's Avatar
 
Drives: Waiting on LT1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool1LE View Post
Good to know... Thank you for checking!! I'm going in to tomorrow to review options......
No Prob. Anything you thought twice about that you can now order?
__________________
Future 2016 Camaro Owner
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #33
GearheadSS
Member #63
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Lots
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas/Greenville, Texas
Posts: 1,947
Sunroof is overrated in the Camaro. The opening is quite small and it decreases headroom. Besides, a sunroof has no place in a track oriented car like the 1LE. I'd take the car that came in and drive the hell out of it.

I was a guy coming from 4th gens that all had T-tops. I vowed not to get a sunroof because of the headroom issue and the fact that I've seen plenty of them get stuck and stop working. I haven't regretted not having one at all.
__________________
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #34
Cool1LE
 
Cool1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
No Prob. Anything you thought twice about that you can now order?
No - it's loaded as far as factory options. Funny thing is I was originally going to skip the sunroof out of concerns for helmet room but read the recaro's took care of that....thanks for the verify

I'm going to see what they come up with tomorrow and decide..... if they make up for it properly I'll drive off otherwise the wait begins...again.... )
Summers almost gone and I'm in NJ......
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #35
GearheadSS
Member #63
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Lots
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas/Greenville, Texas
Posts: 1,947
I don't know how the Recaros can take care of the headroom clearance for a helmet unless the seat sits lower than the standard seat. There's no way I could wear a helmet in a sunroof car, regardless of seat. I'm 6'5" though. lol
__________________
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #36
Mojave

 
Mojave's Avatar
 
Drives: Waiting on LT1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool1LE View Post
No - it's loaded as far as factory options. Funny thing is I was originally going to skip the sunroof out of concerns for helmet room but read the recaro's took care of that....thanks for the verify

I'm going to see what they come up with tomorrow and decide..... if they make up for it properly I'll drive off otherwise the wait begins...again.... )
Summers almost gone and I'm in NJ......
Yeah, for us shorter guys I was able to make it fit with the Recaros all the way down ,but tall guys are out of luck
__________________
Future 2016 Camaro Owner
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #37
Mojave

 
Mojave's Avatar
 
Drives: Waiting on LT1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I don't know how the Recaros can take care of the headroom clearance for a helmet unless the seat sits lower than the standard seat. There's no way I could wear a helmet in a sunroof car, regardless of seat. I'm 6'5" though. lol
Yeah, no way with you being so tall.
__________________
Future 2016 Camaro Owner
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #38
Diode Dynamics

 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,376
Tell them you want Z/28 parts when they become available!

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #39
Mojave

 
Mojave's Avatar
 
Drives: Waiting on LT1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Tell them you want Z/28 parts when they become available!

Nick C.
__________________
Future 2016 Camaro Owner
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #40
Diode Dynamics

 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,376
Who knows, maybe you can get a sweet deal? Some of those accessories looked preeetty dang cool

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #41
topherchris
 
Drives: 2014 Red Hot Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35
I actually ordered mine with Recaro's and they came without any.

My original order sheet has them but the invoice didnt so I wasnt charged but still.
topherchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #42
TPAJETSKI
 
TPAJETSKI's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 609
I wanted a 1SS. The GF only wanted a sunroof. I bought one without it. That was in April of 2012. I hear about it every day since
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #43
Mojave

 
Mojave's Avatar
 
Drives: Waiting on LT1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by topherchris View Post
I actually ordered mine with Recaro's and they came without any.

My original order sheet has them but the invoice didnt so I wasnt charged but still.
Have them get them for you as a part and install. That would be too big a hit for me to deal with
__________________
Future 2016 Camaro Owner
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #44
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's
 
Meltdownaverted's Avatar
 
Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brooks Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,343
Dealer Jacked The Order Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I don't know how the Recaros can take care of the headroom clearance for a helmet unless the seat sits lower than the standard seat. There's no way I could wear a helmet in a sunroof car, regardless of seat. I'm 6'5" though. lol
have a 13 1LE so no Recaros but I'm 5'8" and with the sunroof my helmet now hits the roof even with the seat fully down. I didn't want to wait once I decided I wanted a 1LE and took what was on the ground
__________________

Last edited by Meltdownaverted; 08-31-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #45
beany323

 
beany323's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Cali.
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
I wanted a 1SS. The GF only wanted a sunroof. I bought one without it. That was in April of 2012. I hear about it every day since
and every day there after...
__________________
"The fact the GT500 can barely beat a $37k car with 200 less horsepower speaks volumes. There are about a million mods you can do to a LS3 to make a Camaro do the 1/4 faster then a GT500." (Vroom.)

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #46
gajagfan

 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
What? There is glass in the windows.... what's the difference?

OP. I'd reorder and get sunroof. I open it as soon as I get in the car. I'm 6' 1" and have no issues with headroom. I actually like the fact that it is a few inches shorter.
I guess your right about the glass. At your height, do you have clearance with a helmet on?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #47
shaggy2002
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS w RS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 94
I am 6'4 and had to get a sunroof as I wanted a 13 and not many left on lots. I thought the headliner felt closer to my head. Makes sense now.
shaggy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #48
Toxikk
Lead Dev for Autoblog.com
 
Drives: GBA 13 2SS/1LE (Medusa)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 255
i decided against the sun roof for the extra head room.

by the way, you did not get an order sheet with the specs of the order? i reviewed mine a hundred times the 24 hours after placing my order just to be certain.

sure - they fooked up, but part on you too for not catching it. hope you do get something, but its on you a lil also
__________________
2013 1LE/GBA/2SS/RS/NPP/NAV
Toxikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #49
Cool1LE
 
Cool1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxikk View Post
i decided against the sun roof for the extra head room.

by the way, you did not get an order sheet with the specs of the order? i reviewed mine a hundred times the 24 hours after placing my order just to be certain.

sure - they fooked up, but part on you too for not catching it. hope you do get something, but its on you a lil also


See thats the thing the order sheet showed the sunroof....
I ended up getting the car $1000 below invoice and they gave me a car cover & the center arm rest with the SS logo....
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #50
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool1LE View Post
See thats the thing the order sheet showed the sunroof....
I ended up getting the car $1000 below invoice and they gave me a car cover & the center arm rest with the SS logo....
That seems fair.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.