Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #239
kingbambino22
 
kingbambino22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 VW GTI PP
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middle Ga
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by radrace19 View Post
And here is the Z/28 part picture of the day
Where can I get those?
kingbambino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #240
Nick S

 
Nick S's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Verona, WI
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by radrace19 View Post
And here is the Z/28 part picture of the day
So does this mean they can be ordered thru the dealer parts counter now?
__________________
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #241
radrace19
 
Drives: Pontiac G8 GXP
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 249
Yes kind of
__________________
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix - 11.24 @ 121

2009.5 G8 GT (Liquid Red)
GXP fascia conversion, GXP diffuser

2009 GXP M6 (MSM) #405 586rwhp/495tq
TVS2300, CTS-V Fuel System, Cam 222/230 116 lsa, Monster Lever 4 Clutch, American Racing 1 7/8 headers, rear Brembo's w/working Parking brake
11.91 @ 119
radrace19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #242
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 5,581
How much was the strut?
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #243
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
That's interesting.

I've tracked multiple PCCB and CSC brake equipped cars. I've also installed and assisted in developing application specific ceramic kits for a European, F1 technology partner, supplier of brake systems.

Calipers, brake master cylinder, brake lines, proportioning valve are identical between CSC/PCCB and iron brake systems. The Z/28 does not have a cockpit adjustable brake bias.

You suggest installing a ZL1 brake kit to the Z/28 which completely compromises the lap after lap durability and pedal feel of the ceramics.

I've never experienced compromised braking ability of any ceramic setup when cold, they work fantastic on street under any condition. The reduced rotating mass and unsprung weight contribute benefits to street and track use. The one accurate statement you made is that ceramic rotors do require a specific pad material.

It's important for Z/28 owners and prospective owners to understand they are getting the very best possible braking system, installed as OE, for the intended use of the car. I would not consider buying the Z/28 if it were not equipped with ceramic rotors.
with liability issues the carbon rotors work just fine on the street. There is no issue with them other than when hot they do not fade.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #244
radrace19
 
Drives: Pontiac G8 GXP
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
How much was the strut?
I don't want to post a price since I'm not a sponsor. See the first page post.
-Greg
__________________
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix - 11.24 @ 121

2009.5 G8 GT (Liquid Red)
GXP fascia conversion, GXP diffuser

2009 GXP M6 (MSM) #405 586rwhp/495tq
TVS2300, CTS-V Fuel System, Cam 222/230 116 lsa, Monster Lever 4 Clutch, American Racing 1 7/8 headers, rear Brembo's w/working Parking brake
11.91 @ 119
radrace19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #245
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
I agree but these Carbon Ceramic Brake Rotors are not really designed for street use and that is what I am talking about. I assure I agree they are great for race cars and track cars but I wouldn't consider them streetable.

Heck my buddy Mario is putting them on his 69 Camaro and if you nick or chip them GM recommend that you discard them. Trust me I've considered putting them on my 70 Camaro project and talking with all of the brake experts they all suggest that it's not a great idea for street use. They are just not durable enough for daily driving abuse.

Just look at the cost of the the ZR1 Rotors at $1,700 each. It just doesn't make sense to have that kind of rotor on the street car. You would be better off getting lighter wheels on the car if your goal is to lower the reciprocating weight.
The carbon rotors are very costly. But they work fine on the street. They are the best out there. They are on some corvettes and no issues $1700 for a rotor is nothing compared to a aircraft rotor. That is one reason I am getting a Z28
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #246
Skylane765

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
That's interesting.

I've tracked multiple PCCB and CSC brake equipped cars. I've also installed and assisted in developing application specific ceramic kits for a European, F1 technology partner, supplier of brake systems.

Calipers, brake master cylinder, brake lines, proportioning valve are identical between CSC/PCCB and iron brake systems. The Z/28 does not have a cockpit adjustable brake bias.

You suggest installing a ZL1 brake kit to the Z/28 which completely compromises the lap after lap durability and pedal feel of the ceramics.

I've never experienced compromised braking ability of any ceramic setup when cold, they work fantastic on street under any condition. The reduced rotating mass and unsprung weight contribute benefits to street and track use. The one accurate statement you made is that ceramic rotors do require a specific pad material.

It's important for Z/28 owners and prospective owners to understand they are getting the very best possible braking system, installed as OE, for the intended use of the car. I would not consider buying the Z/28 if it were not equipped with ceramic rotors.
Thanks for the informative post!!
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:28 AM   #247
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,844
Does anyone have pics posted of the spoiler on a pre 2014 SS? I have an 11 and am hoping I wont need to swap out trunk lids and rear facia. Thank you.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #248
Nutro


 
Nutro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Does anyone have pics posted of the spoiler on a pre 2014 SS? I have an 11 and am hoping I wont need to swap out trunk lids and rear facia. Thank you.
You have to swap the trunk lid, bumper, tail lights, fascia etc etc
__________________
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:50 AM   #249
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
You have to swap the trunk lid, bumper, tail lights, fascia etc etc
Well I'm 0 for 2. I like the look but thats a lot of expense.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #250
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 5,581
anyone know the part# for the Z/28 emblem?
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #251
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 3,104
Any word on the grill and bowtie?
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #252
Nutro


 
Nutro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Any word on the grill and bowtie?
A few of us have the grille and bowtie but the FLOWTIE isn't avail yet.
__________________
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.