Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, launch discussions.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Virus

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Accusump with R-comp

Just recently got Hoosier R6's and I'm going to use them for the first time, at lime rock coming up. I'm a bit nervous about all these engine oil starvation stories. Should I buy an accusump? I have also read that accusumps aren't worth the time? Any insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Synner

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I would go to the corvette forums, a lot more people dealing with this issue there with the LS3. If you go to a track that has the sustained high g turns with r comps you will probably get into trouble. It may not be right away and a lot of tracks you'll probably be fine, but it only takes 1.

To me an accusump is a bandaid and I agree there's a lot of mixed reviews on reaction time and usefulness in the event of starvation. There's many levels of dry sump systems. From stock vette setups to full on race. If you're going to do it I'd get a real race setup but I could only find systems that made you sacrifice your a/c. Heck no. Crank driven setups would need a LS7 crank or some run adapters on ATI's.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
toNspahreP
Account Suspended

Drives: SS
This is all you need.

http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-pa...ffle-p-41.html

The 5th gen pans are large enough to work very well with a proper baffle on real tires.
toNspahreP is offline   Reply With Quote