Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
SNSSTR
All About That Speed
 
SNSSTR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 842
SS vs CTS-V

I don't really know why I'm posting this because I honestly know the answer but I just wanted to get some rivalry going.

A friend of mine has a 2012 CTS-V Coupe that has been pullied and has a tune. DA is about 1500-2000+ where I'm at most of the time.

Anyway he wants to race me for fun and I'm definitely down for it, I can't say no to a run or two down the drag strip and this gives me a reason to go out.

My mods are listed below in my sig. I still think I got a little bit left in my car from the best time I've turned.

I'm fairly certain that stock CTS-V's are running low 12's so I imagine that with a pulley and tune its definitely going to be well on its way into the 11's. Is that a good bet?
__________________

2010 Black SS/RS M6 | 514hp | 470tq | GPI/Rhino Tune |Build Thread
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro
 
AmericanMuscleCars's Avatar
 
Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,714
The SS loses, in a 1/4 mile anyway idk about the track. The SS probably handles better.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Biscuitpie

 
Biscuitpie's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
The SS loses, in a 1/4 mile anyway idk about the track. The SS probably handles better.
Nope, the CTSV has the same suspension as a ZL1.
__________________

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
Jeff_SS
Cam only
 
Jeff_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,107
What's your 60' OP?

Oh and he'll win by the way..
__________________
2013 AGM 2SS/RS M6. Hurst, NPP exhaust, nav | CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers & high-flow cats, CAI intake | Pfadt 1.25" springs | Tuned by Ryne @ CMS 483rwhp 433rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,735
If you come out on 17/18s with slicks you'll get him. Stock rims/tires, youre getting an L.

Cammed LS3 could definitely beat a tuned CTS V.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
62nalide


 
62nalide's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,581
My buddy's CTS-V with a pulley and tune has hit 11.20s in the 1/4

__________________
GPI VVT cam equipped.
N/A 6.2L 7.0s @ 102mph in the 1/8!
10.92 @ 125.83 mph in the 1/4!
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13
 
newagemuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Motor City - Michigan
Posts: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
I don't really know why I'm posting this because I honestly know the answer but I just wanted to get some rivalry going.

A friend of mine has a 2012 CTS-V Coupe that has been pullied and has a tune. DA is about 1500-2000+ where I'm at most of the time.

Anyway he wants to race me for fun and I'm definitely down for it, I can't say no to a run or two down the drag strip and this gives me a reason to go out.

My mods are listed below in my sig. I still think I got a little bit left in my car from the best time I've turned.

I'm fairly certain that stock CTS-V's are running low 12's so I imagine that with a pulley and tune its definitely going to be well on its way into the 11's. Is that a good bet?

I had similar mods to you... minus the cam at the time I ran my buddy's V at the strip. He had a CAI, tune, and muffler delete. As for tires, mine were the stockers and he had Nitto Invos. My best run was a 12.52@114 and his best of the dat was 11.77@119. His car was definetly faster, but what what was really hurting me was the 60 ft times. He is now changed the pulley and did a full exhaust and it has gone 11.60's@127.







Here was his best run. His car is an auto by the way.
__________________
newagemuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
evilstevie
 
Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: where it rains
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
If you come out on 17/18s with slicks you'll get him. Stock rims/tires, youre getting an L.

Cammed LS3 could definitely beat a tuned CTS V.

That's one hell of a cam.....
evilstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
SNSSTR
All About That Speed
 
SNSSTR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 842
Yeah slicks or some good radials are on my list but I my next three mods are clutch, wheels/tires, and nitrous. So sooner or later I'll be able to take him but it's gonna take a while. Guess it really depends on if he can launch.

And my 60' is sitting about 1.9x or so
__________________

2010 Black SS/RS M6 | 514hp | 470tq | GPI/Rhino Tune |Build Thread
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #10
Ice Demon

 
Ice Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,099
If the cts-v driver has drag radials and some track time under his belt he will win. If not then I would not be surprised to so the SS win.
Ice Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
nighttowl
 
nighttowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS / RS
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 543
My car will spank a stock cts-v. My boss has one.
__________________
VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.