Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2014, 11:48 PM   #1
Dee Money 916
 
Dee Money 916's Avatar
 
Drives: Looking for 1LE. . .
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sacramento (Nor Cal)
Posts: 13
Does this void warranty?

Hey guys, does taking off the 4 freaking resonators void your warranty?

I want to go with headers and a full exhaust, but I don't want to void my warranty, I paid extra for the extended too....

Your knowledge helps,

Thanks!


Tight Lines
Dee Money 916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #2
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin
 
hworth18's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 599
it will void your exhaust/emissions warranty, but not your drivetrain
__________________
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark
hworth18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:12 AM   #3
Todd in Vancouver

 
Todd in Vancouver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,157
Except, from what I understand when you put on headers yu will get a CEL and to fix it you need to do a tune. The tune will void your engine warranty IF they can prove it relates to the failed part.
Eg. 1- Burn a piston and they see the computer perameters have been changed so VOID.
2- Nav. Head goes blank so jothing to do with tune and warranty is good.

If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat. My car is my DD and I got the extended warranty. I've added a CAI and may do a couple other minor mods like a ported TB, etc. so my warranty is still solid.
__________________
Todd in Vancouver
'14 ZL1 Camaro
'67 Camaro SS Pro-tour in process

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession


Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #4
SIM Curly

 
SIM Curly's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Decatur, Alabama and Troy, Alabama
Posts: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Except, from what I understand when you put on headers yu will get a CEL and to fix it you need to do a tune. The tune will void your engine warranty IF they can prove it relates to the failed part.
Eg. 1- Burn a piston and they see the computer perameters have been changed so VOID.
2- Nav. Head goes blank so jothing to do with tune and warranty is good.

If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat. My car is my DD and I got the extended warranty. I've added a CAI and may do a couple other minor mods like a ported TB, etc. so my warranty is still solid.
Just buy a bluetooth code reader and clear it whenver it comes up takes like 2 seconds and only comes back every now and then if your're worried about the check engine light.
__________________
SIM Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:14 AM   #5
Dee Money 916
 
Dee Money 916's Avatar
 
Drives: Looking for 1LE. . .
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sacramento (Nor Cal)
Posts: 13
From adding the CAI have you noticed a difference in anything?

And I'm not one to mess with CEL, that worries me. Lol... I'm paranoid like that...

To me my car is too quiet, I want it to sound like the beast it is. I have added exhaust (just cat backs though). They sound ooookkkk, but I want a deeper growl!


Any suggestions my fellow maro owners???


Tight Lines
Dee Money 916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:02 AM   #6
SCREAMING EAGLE
 
SCREAMING EAGLE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CAMARO 2SS 45TH,L99
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ALABAMA
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Money 916 View Post
From adding the CAI have you noticed a difference in anything?

And I'm not one to mess with CEL, that worries me. Lol... I'm paranoid like that...

To me my car is too quiet, I want it to sound like the beast it is. I have added exhaust (just cat backs though). They sound ooookkkk, but I want a deeper growl!


Any suggestions my fellow maro owners???


Tight Lines
GET A BORLA ATAK OR S TYPE AXEL BACK EXHAUST. tO ME NOTHING SOUNDS BETTER THAN AN S TYPE.
SCREAMING EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #7
BigBlock69RS
Ed
 
BigBlock69RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 742
No it won't, good read:
Will This Modification Void My Warranty?
__________________
BigBlock69RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #8
strutton
SStrutt
 
strutton's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible L99
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Villa Rica
Posts: 41
Try high flow cats from Solo. I added that with their cat-back exhaust. Sounds incredible and no CEL. I'm adding CAI soon.
strutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #9
Ragnar

 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Just buy a bluetooth code reader and clear it whenver it comes up takes like 2 seconds and only comes back every now and then if your're worried about the check engine light.
Here in Louisiana, the vehicle will not pass inspection, it will come up as OBDII is busy or all test not complete.The computer could also have a stored code. It might be different where you live.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #10
Ragnar

 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutton View Post
Try high flow cats from Solo. I added that with their cat-back exhaust. Sounds incredible and no CEL. I'm adding CAI soon.
How many miles have you driven? Check out the thread on Solo High Flow cats in the Camaro LS3 / L99 section.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #11
Ragnar

 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,139
OP, here is a suggestion, add a Bo White throttle body with a CAI and it will make you go 'WOW'! The throttle response has no lag, it will be so much better. I wish that I would have done those mods months ago. You can find information in the LS3 / L99 section. No check engine light with these mods.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #12
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 6,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Money 916 View Post
Hey guys, does ______ (fill in the blank) void your warranty?
Such a commonly asked question that is often hard to definitively answer. Technically (and theoretically) anything you do to your car that changes the original configuration could void certain warranties. Removing resonators will likely not void your engine/powertrain warranty if you have an issue, but if your cats quit working (for example)I'm pretty sure GM will void your exhaust system warranty. If they can prove anything you have done has caused your specific problem, your warranty on that particular part/system/etc will likely go down the tubes.

For example: if you add show lights (or whatever you call them) and your wiring system overheats and burns up your car... you're screwed.
__________________
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99
CAI Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes
RX Catch Can
Husky Splash Guards
Heritage Grille
Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges
Emblem Pros Custom Retro SS Kickplates
Emblem Pros Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #13
strutton
SStrutt
 
strutton's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible L99
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Villa Rica
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
How many miles have you driven? Check out the thread on Solo High Flow cats in the Camaro LS3 / L99 section.
I'm sure I'm at least over 500 miles maybe 1000. Just read the thread seems like there's a solution to the CEL if you get them... Thanks for the the info!
strutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:16 PM   #14
jeffa
 
Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Money 916 View Post
Hey guys, does taking off the 4 freaking resonators void your warranty?

I want to go with headers and a full exhaust, but I don't want to void my warranty, I paid extra for the extended too....

Your knowledge helps,

Thanks!


Tight Lines
Long tube headers will not pass visual smog test in California...
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #15
Majic
Majic
 
Majic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS. Crystal Red.
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Crestview, Florida
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Just buy a bluetooth code reader and clear it whenver it comes up takes like 2 seconds and only comes back every now and then if your're worried about the check engine light.
Really....turn off a Cel without doing anything???? Why do you suppose the CEL came on??? It sees something wrong!!! Most likely it is running too lean. Good luck with your valves. When you have a tune they don't just turn off the light. They set parameters so that what the sensors see fall within the acceptable range.
__________________

Rick
"MAJIC"
2014 2SS/RS.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #16
RockerBox
 
RockerBox's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Silverado 5/7drop
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springfield Va
Posts: 174
You can clear all the codes you want to. But if there's an issue they will just keep resetting.
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.