Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
FS: 3-piece forged for SS w/tires and TPMS

I'm selling my custom Nutek 3-piece forged aluminum wheels. They're 19 x 9.5 and will fit perfectly to replace the stock factory SS wheels. I'm including the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 110 tires which have about 10k miles on them, and the TPMS units. Everything is mounted and balanced.

These weigh 57 lbs each so for the fronts, even though they are 1.5" wider than the stock SS wheels, they are 5 lbs lighter. In the rear they are .5" wider than the stock SS wheels but they're 10 lbs lighter. All together you'll save 30 lbs of unsprung rotating weight and gain a great deal of cornering traction. This setup helps to eliminate understeer due to gaining 3" of tire contact in the front compared to stock.

I've recently gone with a basically track setup so I don't need these anymore. New this exact setup was $7,000; since they're used I'll sell them for half that; $3,500 and you pay the shipping.

As you can see the color works well on a dark blue but you can of course paint them whatever color you like.

Name:  IMG_1017.JPG
Views: 750
Size:  306.7 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #2
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Well apparently everybody and their dog is selling wheels nowadays lol. However I'm curious; is it the color, the price or both that's keeping anyone from responding? It isn't every day that you can buy a $7,000 custom 3-piece forged wheel set for half price.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
First off let me say I love your wheels a lot of people now a days dont put wheels with a lip on these cars and thats what makes them look good.

I think it is a combination of both, the paint isnt a big deal being a 3 piece wheel you can remove that center section and have it painted but then you would have to pay for all the extra work. For 3500 a person would probably lean towards a whole new set of different wheels and tires that are exactly how they want it as far as color and style goes.

I have no doubt in my mind you can get what your asking considering the original price of the wheels it just comes down to finding the person that wants the same color same style and same performance gain.

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
omgitsmikeyC
Mike

Drives: 2012 Anniversary 2 SS auto
Just my .02, but there are other lightweight wheels that sell for much less than these. I love this look, and think it would look great in Gun-metal coloring. As the person above me mentioned, these would require a lot of work for the buyer if they aren't wanting to make this color work. No doubt this is a good brand and price point for this brand. It is on the higher end scale of purchasing for a market with a ton of options.
2012 2SS 45th Anniversary/Auto/ TSP Headers, X-pipe, mids and Magnaflow Mufflers, C.A.I. Intake, RX Catchcan #2, Wideband O2, drl to fog light conversion, LED p13 Fog Lights, plastidipped rear bow tie, front bowtie delete, tinted lights all the way around, tuned by James Karger.
omgitsmikeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Dropspeed
Fun Time!

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Only because you asked: For me it would be the width, price, color, additional work needed to change the color and tires.

I have been pricing CCW wheels that are custom made as well and they can be had for less shipped....The tires are personal preference but I would use a different size for my application and the color would need to be changed.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmikeyC View Post
Just my .02, but there are other lightweight wheels that sell for much less than these. I love this look, and think it would look great in Gun-metal coloring. As the person above me mentioned, these would require a lot of work for the buyer if they aren't wanting to make this color work. No doubt this is a good brand and price point for this brand. It is on the higher end scale of purchasing for a market with a ton of options.
What other lightweight wheels are you referring to? These are generally found on Ferraris, Lambos, etc. Here's their website:

http://www.nutekwheels.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Only because you asked: For me it would be the width, price, color, additional work needed to change the color and tires.

I have been pricing CCW wheels that are custom made as well and they can be had for less shipped....The tires are personal preference but I would use a different size for my application and the color would need to be changed.
Which CCW wheels are you referring to and how much? I'm curious just to see what's out there. When I got these almost 4 years ago there were hardly any options for the 5th gen., but now there are a lot more. I haven't wheel shopped in awhile so I'm not up-to-date on current models and prices.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
Man this is a killer deal I bought a used set of forgelines for 3800 from Bruce on these forums. Someone who actually understands what these are will pick them up but to the typical person who thinks they can buy ccws for the same price, they do not understand what these rims truly are.
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
Man this is a killer deal I bought a used set of forgelines for 3800 from Bruce on these forums. Someone who actually understands what these are will pick them up but to the typical person who thinks they can buy ccws for the same price, they do not understand what these rims truly are.
Well thank you; I thought it would be a killer deal too if I offered them at that price but not too many seem to know what these are. Oh well. I'll contact Nutek and see if they want them or have a customer interested in a half-off deal on custom 3-pieced forged.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 09-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
vroomapunk
Cammed!!!!!!

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
glws doc, great setup!