Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

DJ Grilles
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #76
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by majedalanni View Post
then how you get update it? I asked my dealer maybe 5 times and they said there is no update, is there a website I can check that, and please what is the tis2web is that software can end user get it?
The update is tied to the vin, so if the dealer is telling you none are available you won't be able to get one.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 09-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #77
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS AGM
Quote:
then how you get update it? I asked my dealer maybe 5 times and they said there is no update, is there a website I can check that, and please what is the tis2web is that software can end user get it?
I told them I was having issues like screen freezes and the info on radio was not correct when a specific song was playing. They said, "ok, have a sit" they did not even run my vin before they said ok
Old 09-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #78
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
I told them I was having issues like screen freezes and the info on radio was not correct when a specific song was playing. They said, "ok, have a sit" they did not even run my vin before they said ok
But the update would not go it if the vin did not have an update. So trust me your vin was read when the ECM was scanned and it listed an update. If there was no update after scanning the vin (through the ECM) you would not have gotten an update.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 09-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #79
rdsesq

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello,

You can always contact Infotainment at (855) 478-7767 for all questions and concerns you may have about your MyLink.

Regards,

Jennifer T. (Assisting William)

Chevrolet Customer Care
With all due respect, I have to disagree. I called them to try and find out what the latest SW version was available, and had my version numbers.
They said they couldn't help me. I had to contact the dealer.

There is a bug in the initialization code for an ipod running of the USB port when the car starts. It is a race condition that it sometimes inits the ipod before the mylink system is finished booting and the ipod will not show up. But, if you unplug the ipod from the USB port, then plug it back in the system will recognize it.

I asked them how I could file a bug report with Chevy regarding this, as it is clearly a bug in the init code. They said they couldn't help me.

I don't think either of these questions are unreasonable and support center for the infotainment system should be able to assist with either of them. I was quite disappointed that they were less than useful.

So I will ask the question here.
Does anybody know if there is a firmware revision that has addressed the initialization race condition?
And anything been done about the issue of indexing every time the system is turned on, even if an ipod has not been updated?
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #80
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
But the update would not go it if the vin did not have an update. So trust me your vin was read when the ECM was scanned and it listed an update. If there was no update after scanning the vin (through the ECM) you would not have gotten an update.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
i did wait like for 3 hrs, so im guessing an update was available
Old 09-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #81
majedalanni

Drives: 2013 Convertible CaMaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
With all due respect, I have to disagree. I called them to try and find out what the latest SW version was available, and had my version numbers.
They said they couldn't help me. I had to contact the dealer.

There is a bug in the initialization code for an ipod running of the USB port when the car starts. It is a race condition that it sometimes inits the ipod before the mylink system is finished booting and the ipod will not show up. But, if you unplug the ipod from the USB port, then plug it back in the system will recognize it.

I asked them how I could file a bug report with Chevy regarding this, as it is clearly a bug in the init code. They said they couldn't help me.

I don't think either of these questions are unreasonable and support center for the infotainment system should be able to assist with either of them. I was quite disappointed that they were less than useful.

So I will ask the question here.
Does anybody know if there is a firmware revision that has addressed the initialization race condition?
And anything been done about the issue of indexing every time the system is turned on, even if an ipod has not been updated?
I just have chat with GM support and they have transferred me to mylink support, I've told them my issue and asked what is the latest version or is there an update for mylink, he asked me about my VIN and even told him the software version before the latest I have, guessing he will say you are on outdated version, the shock was he said you are have latest version , then he start to guide me kind of reset, like turn off the car and remove the key then open the doors for 90 second and then turn on the car and press talk. I didn't do it yet because I'm far from my car.
majedalanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #82
cableman

Drives: camaro
Quote:
I just have chat with GM support and they have transferred me to mylink support, I've told them my issue and asked what is the latest version or is there an update for mylink, he asked me about my VIN and even told him the software version before the latest I have, guessing he will say you are on outdated version, the shock was he said you are have latest version , then he start to guide me kind of reset, like turn off the car and remove the key then open the doors for 90 second and then turn on the car and press talk. I didn't do it yet because I'm far from my car.
That's ridiculous, and will absolutely do nothing.
cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:52 AM   #83
teobilly

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013 (EU Version)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableman View Post
That's dumb....now we REALLY need a leaked fw we can flash.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #84
drdivo
DrDivo

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to drdivo Send a message via MSN to drdivo Send a message via Yahoo to drdivo Send a message via Skype™ to drdivo
I just chatted with Chevrolet Infotainment support - they told me that if I have created a registration profile on my.chevrolet.com, I will be notified if/when a software update is available.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #85
tamphuong

Drives: Convertible 1LT RS 201mufflI oil ca
Do anyone know how to backup software from MYLINK to USB?
tamphuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #86
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamphuong View Post
Do anyone know how to backup software from MYLINK to USB?
You can pull the firmware off of the MyLink - well, not yet anyway.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #87
tamphuong

Drives: Convertible 1LT RS 201mufflI oil ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
You can pull the firmware off of the MyLink - well, not yet anyway.
Well. I think this way because if you could backup then you would share it for whoever wants in this forum.
tamphuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #88
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamphuong View Post
Well. I think this way because if you could backup then you would share it for whoever wants in this forum.
Yes. That's the idea.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #89
SemperGumby
I'll probably offend you

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
Figured I'd add my history to the list as well. Going to call the dealership tomorrow and see if they have an update according to my vin.

Attached Images

SemperGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #90
SemperGumby
I'll probably offend you

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
Welp no need to call the dealership, according to the tis2web lookup 23135479* is available and is listed as "New software to resolve BlueTooth issue." under Operating system. So I imagine I can just call tomorrow and say I've been experiencing BT connection issues and see if they'll find that update by my VIN and offer to apply it.

*There is one more after it 95298143 "New software for improved operation."

Last edited by SemperGumby; 10-20-2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: updates
SemperGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #91
Buffman
1LE FTW

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
Subscribed
Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #92
The Stig

Might have taken apart a MyLink unit......

Anybody want a MyLink unit - I'll sell it for real cheap

(side note - this reminds me of the "Brave Little Toaster" movie)

Old 11-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #93
nbsp

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM/IOM
@The Stig - this may be a little off topic but do you know if you can configure the radio to use even points (.0, .2, .4, .6 & .8) instead of the odd points it's set to use by default as part of these updates.

Also, what's tis2 I can't find a site, is it a dealer only thing?
nbsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #94
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbsp View Post
@The Stig - this may be a little off topic but do you know if you can configure the radio to use even points (.0, .2, .4, .6 & .8) instead of the odd points it's set to use by default as part of these updates.

Also, what's tis2 I can't find a site, is it a dealer only thing?
What do you mean even/odd points?

TIS2Web is database that GM uses for all software. Dealer's get free access to it, but anyone can "technically" pay for the subscription and get access to it.

Here's a link - http://www.acdelcotechconnect.com/html/tss_tech_esi.jsp
Old 11-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #95
nbsp

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

By even points I mean 80.2 for example, down here the radio stations are all even points but the mylink radio only see's the odd points 80.1 or 80.3 so I can't use the actual radio for radio stations, it've been using an old iPod nano.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #96
MrStarhouse

Drives: Opel GT 2008 (Now Sold)
It should be possible. The European Camaro has all the steps. Like:

99.5 --> 99.6 --99.7 and so on.

It should just be some configuration issue, question though is, how deep.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #97
MrStarhouse

Thinking about it a bit more, it might actually be a different FW for Europe, with the Euro style radio frequencies, because they are the same all over Europe.

I for example don't think that the Camaro I will recieve, will have a Pandora app, being that Pandora isn't available here.

Most people here use Spotify, Which I BTW really hope will be available for the MyLink some day.

We'll see.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #98
nbsp

@MrStarhouse - it jumps up in .2 value increments so you can only get the odd points unfortunately.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #99
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2012 Panamera
Wish I could get Nav in my Vette...dag nabbit should gotten it.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #100
MrStarhouse

yeah nbsp, I get what you mean.

Long time ago, I had a 1994 Z28. At that time there was no official Camaro import to Europe, so mine was privately imported from the other side of the pond.

That one had the same issue as yours. I could get some of the staions, like 104.7, but not 99.6. At that time that could not be fixed.

What I mean about Europe is that over here the radios step in 0.1 MHz steps. So stations can be both at for example 99.6 or 104.7, both odd and even. And the Camaros that are officially sold here works in that system.

Lets see if there is any one here who knows if what might fix it for you.