Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 08-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #76
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
Sweet - I'll bet you can't wait for your car to get built and shipped. The waiting part for it to get "built" at LPE is that much harder but you know it is going to be worth it, so its ok.
I think the hardest waiting part is for GM - it is the unknown.

As long as it gets from Courtesy to LPE in one peice I'll be happy. I worry most about that part of the process. Many cars have been totaled on short drives - speaking from experience.

LPE will be the easier waiting period (I can say that at least right now, anyway..) as I know they will take good care of it when it is there, and when done it is in an elite group of vehicles.

I am looking forward to your update on the mods.
Have you driven a stock SS Camaro so you will know what the differences will feel like?

DAM this is Camaro upgrade project is very addictive. I may need to stop eating so I can afford the shocks/springs/swaybars/etc for the suspension to get it done at LPE like you did. Too bad Obama doesn't have a Camaro stimulus package I can tap into for the funds. I will probably wait and do the suspension upgrades over the winter in my Garage. I need something to do while I am waiting for snow to melt in New Hampshire.
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #77
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
I traded in my 2005 Corvette that was paid off - paid for 90% of the camaro.
LPE upgrade was done with cash as was the balance owed on the camaro.

LPE wanted half down to reserve a date/preorder parts needed for your conversion. Balance due at completion by certified check.

I am having LPE ship the car to me by transporter they recommend to save 7% Illinois Sales tax (same as shipping but less mileage and bugs on the car for the 1800 mile trip).

I am at code 3000 (no build date yet... should'nt be too long i hope.
Cool Thanks for the update. I'm still on the fence which Tuner I'm gonna go with... Norris is just a few miles south of me....

I haven't even ordered my car yet.... I'm gonna need therapy....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #78
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

I haven't even ordered my car yet.... I'm gonna need therapy....

Ya... join the LPE Camaro therapy club. Just blame it on Speed74SS. He started it...

I Ordered the car.
I Ordered the LPE upgrade.
I Ordered Corsa cat back (will also be done at LPE)
I... am... trying.... to hold off.... on the suspension upgrades.... Therapy is not working.... LOL. Maybe i need this ->
Old 08-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #79
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Quote:
Ya... join the LPE Camaro therapy club. Just blame it on Speed74SS. He started it...

I Ordered the car.
I Ordered the LPE upgrade.
I Ordered Corsa cat back (will also be done at LPE)
I... am... trying.... to hold off.... on the suspension upgrades.... Therapy is not working.... LOL. Maybe i need this ->
Wow!

I thought it would get better, the closer you get to having the car, not worse...

brutal....

:(
Old 08-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #80
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
I think the hardest waiting part is for GM - it is the unknown.

As long as it gets from Courtesy to LPE in one peice I'll be happy. I worry most about that part of the process. Many cars have been totaled on short drives - speaking from experience.

LPE will be the easier waiting period (I can say that at least right now, anyway..) as I know they will take good care of it when it is there, and when done it is in an elite group of vehicles.

I am looking forward to your update on the mods.
Have you driven a stock SS Camaro so you will know what the differences will feel like?

DAM this is Camaro upgrade project is very addictive. I may need to stop eating so I can afford the shocks/springs/swaybars/etc for the suspension to get it done at LPE like you did. Too bad Obama doesn't have a Camaro stimulus package I can tap into for the funds. I will probably wait and do the suspension upgrades over the winter in my Garage. I need something to do while I am waiting for snow to melt in New Hampshire.
The bad part is I haven't driven a stock Camaro yet - so I am not sure what the difference will be. Oh well, I know it will be a beast and fun as hell to drive. I probably only have a couple months left of good driving weather here in SD as well. I should have the dyno numbers tomorrow. I can't even begin to start with the modding addiction - but I think I will be good for a while.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #81
600hp-lpe

Quote:
The bad part is I haven't driven a stock Camaro yet - so I am not sure what the difference will be. Oh well, I know it will be a beast and fun as hell to drive. I probably only have a couple months left of good driving weather here in SD as well. I should have the dyno numbers tomorrow. I can't even begin to start with the modding addiction - but I think I will be good for a while.
I think you did enough for the time being.... there aren't too many more parts that are released right now that you could add.

Our cars will be similar (a different type of cat back exhaust), and I will add the suspension upgrade over the winter while it is snowing. Probably going with Pedders recommendations once they have a complete suspension kit.

While you are at LPE, find out what they recommend as far as air box/filter upgrades, and if there is anything else they recommend for mods shy of engine internals.

I asked Tim Dyer at LPE about adding LT headers and high flow Cats with the rest of the cat back exhaust- he recommended against doing that with the mostly stock setup. His response was something about back pressure for the SC to optimize the power curve with the stock engine (People - please don't FLAME me about this - that conversation was last week and I don't remember EXACTLY what Tim told me).
Old 08-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #82
Speed74SS

Quote:
I think you did enough for the time being.... there aren't too many more parts that are released right now that you could add.

Our cars will be similar (a different type of cat back exhaust), and I will add the suspension upgrade over the winter while it is snowing. Probably going with Pedders recommendations once they have a complete suspension kit.

While you are at LPE, find out what they recommend as far as air box/filter upgrades, and if there is anything else they recommend for mods shy of engine internals.

I asked Tim Dyer at LPE about adding LT headers and high flow Cats with the rest of the cat back exhaust- he recommended against doing that with the mostly stock setup. His response was something about back pressure for the SC to optimize the power curve with the stock engine (People - please don't FLAME me about this - that conversation was last week and I don't remember EXACTLY what Tim told me).
I will definately ask them about the air filter/box upgrade. I think they change out the filter for a different one but I'm not sure. I have a small list of questions that I am going to ask when I get there and can't wait to get a tour of the facility. I should have a few pictures when I come home. Can't wait....
Old 08-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #83
600hp-lpe

Quote:
I will definately ask them about the air filter/box upgrade. I think they change out the filter for a different one but I'm not sure. I have a small list of questions that I am going to ask when I get there and can't wait to get a tour of the facility. I should have a few pictures when I come home. Can't wait....
Yes... Yes... Pics.. Details.. Awesome ride.. Drool.. Drool..

Just like an expectant father! Definitely will be a life changing event.

This is the first time you get to see your ride at all, correct? God it's gonna feel REAL GOOD to touch it! Even better to wrap it around yourself and get the feeling and sounds of the new experience! it is almost party time! Congrats on your addition to the family!

How long a drive is it to get home?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #84
Speed74SS

Quote:
Yes... Yes... Pics.. Details.. Awesome ride.. Drool.. Drool..

Just like an expectant father! Definitely will be a life changing event.

This is the first time you get to see your ride at all, correct? God it's gonna feel REAL GOOD to touch it! Even better to wrap it around yourself and get the feeling and sounds of the new experience! it is almost party time! Congrats on your addition to the family!

How long a drive is it to get home?
This will be the first time seeing it in person and I can't explain the excitement! It is around a 12 to 13 hour drive home, so we will probably split it up between Friday and Saturday. I think I can find a spot in the garage for it
Old 08-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #85
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #86
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Can't wait to see it
Old 08-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #87
Speed74SS

I'm just about ready to leave for the airport but I just got a call from Ryan at Lingenfelter. He said the first pull on the dyno was 522 rwhp. They are going to do a few more but I thought I would share that with you guys. I will be updating Friday or Saturday with results. I also will see one of the members here in Fort Wayne tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #88
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #89
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
NICE! Have a safe trip
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #90
600hp-lpe

Quote:
I'm just about ready to leave for the airport but I just got a call from Ryan at Lingenfelter. He said the first pull on the dyno was 522 rwhp. They are going to do a few more but I thought I would share that with you guys. I will be updating Friday or Saturday with results. I also will see one of the members here in Fort Wayne tomorrow.
Have a GREAT ride home - I'm sure you will have a great time!

May the highway GODS be with you!

-Dan
Old 08-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #91
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
awesome
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #92
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Drives: 2011 Chevy Cruze LT
Hey Speed - Not sure what route you are going to take back but are you going to be on I-80 coming through Des Moines, IA? I would even guess you might go North on I-35 out of Des Moines. It would be sweet to catch that car going by or to see it around as you pass through. There is a car show in Ankeny, IA (N of DM) on Sat that should be cool if you are still going through then.
isu_chevybowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #93
Speed74SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu_chevybowtie View Post
Hey Speed - Not sure what route you are going to take back but are you going to be on I-80 coming through Des Moines, IA? I would even guess you might go North on I-35 out of Des Moines. It would be sweet to catch that car going by or to see it around as you pass through. There is a car show in Ankeny, IA (N of DM) on Sat that should be cool if you are still going through then.
I think we will be heading out about maybe 1pm and driving straight through. I planned to hopefully stop in Ankeny at Karls on the way back if I can make it in time - thats where I ordered my car from. I am in Chicago now and will not be able to sleep tonight but I am going to try... updates soon.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #94
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Quote:
I think we will be heading out about maybe 1pm and driving straight through. I planned to hopefully stop in Ankeny at Karls on the way back if I can make it in time - thats where I ordered my car from. I am in Chicago now and will not be able to sleep tonight but I am going to try... updates soon.
The drive from Lingenfelter to Ankeny would be over 8 1/2 hrs, so leaving at 1PM you would have to be flying to get to Karl before closing. Sounds like you would be passing through the area later on Friday and heading right back to SD. If you were around Ankeny on Sat. it would be cool to check out the car, but doesn't sound like it. If I was confused and have any of that wrong let me know. I bet that car will be awesome and fun to drive. A friend of mine just got his car and anxious to see it and ride in one finally.

Have a good & safe trip.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #95
Speed74SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu_chevybowtie View Post
The drive from Lingenfelter to Ankeny would be over 8 1/2 hrs, so leaving at 1PM you would have to be flying to get to Karl before closing. Sounds like you would be passing through the area later on Friday and heading right back to SD. If you were around Ankeny on Sat. it would be cool to check out the car, but doesn't sound like it. If I was confused and have any of that wrong let me know. I bet that car will be awesome and fun to drive. A friend of mine just got his car and anxious to see it and ride in one finally.

Have a good & safe trip.
Can't sleep... I think you are about right and it may take a little longer than normal, as we may take our time and enjoy the ride. I will be in Ankeny again, as I plan on stopping by the dealership yet. Maybe in a few weeks. I would be happy to let you know when I am coming into town. Got to get sleep...
Old 08-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #96
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Can't sleep... I think you are about right and it may take a little longer than normal, as we may take our time and enjoy the ride. I will be in Ankeny again, as I plan on stopping by the dealership yet. Maybe in a few weeks. I would be happy to let you know when I am coming into town. Got to get sleep...
lol u need to relax since you are about to be driving..lol
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #97
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
I'm impatiently waiting to hear how it goes...i'm 50/50 on sending my camaro (once I get it) straight over there for the same package...
Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #98
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Quote:
Yeah you need to sleep so you will be awake to drive. Hah! I bet you'll be so excited driving that you don't have to worry about that.

Let me know if you do get back down to Ankeny and I'll see if it works to see the car. In the meantime I'll be looking forward to any pics or vids that you post.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #99
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Hey Speed,
Here is wishing you a kicka*s ride home!!! I will have a hard time sleeping til you post thos Pics!! So help out a soon to be driving LPE Camaro brother here and post those pics!!!
An overall driving review would be nice too.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #100
Speed74SS

Ok - I am home!! Now for the good part---- That was one of the greatest most memorable days of my life!!! I took a friend along and he took ALOT of pictures, along with 2 dyno pull videos of my car and a 660hp vette that sounded bad azz also.( You will like these videos) Everyone in the shop was so awesome - they let us hang around pretty much the whole day until my car was done. The Borla exhaust sounds amazing and the Pedders coilovers made the drop on this car Unbelievable. Honestly their is nothing that I can think of that could have been better. This car is a BEAST!! It pulls like a train. On a side note, I got between 24 and 26 miles to the gallon on the way home with about 300 miles on the car when I started out. Amazing!! That was driving about 80mph the whole way, except through Chicago. I also broke it in right--- she like to be driven hard. I will have pictures and video up sometime this weekend but I have got to go drive her right now.

To the team at Lingenfelter-----You guys rock!!! Along with the dozen corvettes and 8 or so camaros, that we looked over alot yesterday, this was the best experience ever. We got to see a couple other customers camaros and a couple guys who drove from Pennsylvania with their corvettes, those dyno pulls were awesome!! Everyone of the Lingenfelter team from Ryan, my sales guy, to the staff working on the cars were very professional and seem to put everything into the quality of their work. If I had to do it again, your damn right I would take it to these guys. We also got to see a 1949 Ferrari that was going to Pebble Beach on a car carrier, as well as the many cars in the lot.

I want to thank Darin for taking time out of his schedule and picking us up at the airport and also hanging out with us all day. Living in Fort Wayne definately has its advantages.(20 miles from Lingenfelter) Hopefully the ride that we took doesn't make the wait for your car seem any more unbearable.

More to come, as I am sure I left out some parts.....have to go drive fo a while!!