Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 10-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #76
sengli

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE and corvette C6Z06
Clutch dust under pressure in bell housing blows by the seals in the clutch cylinder, and contaminates the fluid. Seems like I saw a GM study that the air pressure in the bell housing caused by the fly wheel and such rotating at 6500RPM is why the dust gets into the fluid. Did the ranger method on my GTO, and my corvette. That clutch dust is bad for the fluid, and having tied to the brake Reservoir is so wrong.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #77
Fraxum

Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I installed the cheaper kit with the plug last week and took my car to the drag strip Friday night. I was getting more runs than normal. There was a 15-30 minute break between runs. I did have one run where I got some pedal sticking and at one point the track officials wanted me to back off from the staging lights as there was some problem at the end of the track. I had to really muscle the shifter to get it into reverse. Later this reverse problem fixed itself.

I also noticed while giving my engine some cool air, the clutch reservoir had dropped down. When I got home, I saw no fluid leaked out. So I moved it back into place and cranked on the screw. I hope it doesn't move now, I am afraid of stripping the screw.

A question for you guys changing the clutch fluid. Are you draining the whole system or just suctioning out the reservoir? Same question about the brakes too.

The 1LE Inferno build thread
More Seat Time. Thinking the 1LE is a keeper.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #78
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I installed the cheaper kit with the plug last week and took my car to the drag strip Friday night. I was getting more runs than normal. There was a 15-30 minute break between runs. I did have one run where I got some pedal sticking and at one point the track officials wanted me to back off from the staging lights as there was some problem at the end of the track. I had to really muscle the shifter to get it into reverse. Later this reverse problem fixed itself.

I also noticed while giving my engine some cool air, the clutch reservoir had dropped down. When I got home, I saw no fluid leaked out. So I moved it back into place and cranked on the screw. I hope it doesn't move now, I am afraid of stripping the screw.

A question for you guys changing the clutch fluid. Are you draining the whole system or just suctioning out the reservoir? Same question about the brakes too.
I use a turkey baster to empty... 30 pumps on the pedal... and then repeat after hard driving. As a matter of routine I just change the fluid once at fill up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #79
CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Yellow Chevy Camaro LS
Here is the best place to get the reservoir. $25.00 shipped!
http://shop.idealgaragellc.com/GTO-r...ir-kit-003.htm
Roto-Fab intake, Vmax throttle body, Painted engine and fuse covers, Strut brace, Elite catch can, Custom yellow vinyl dash and door inserts, Center console gauges, Kicker stereo system, ZL1 pedals, ZL1 Rockers, Rear spoiler, SS Brembo brakes, Russell S.S. brake lines, 20" staggered Foose Legend wheels with Nitto Invo tires.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #80
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
Just got my kit in. Think I will do it this weekend and us a vacuum to change all the fluid in clutch and brake system. Don't know if I will even notice a difference, but I do know it gives me a great excuse to spend some time under the hood this weekend.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw with flat stick, separate clutch reservoir, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #81
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
What is the difference between the Stage 1 and Stage 2 MOD?
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #82
JDP Tyler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannsiam View Post
What is the difference between the Stage 1 and Stage 2 MOD?
If you are referring to our kits, the difference is that the stage I comes with a cap to "cap off" the clutch line on your current Brake reservoir, and the stage II comes with a brand new brake reservoir with the factory molded cap still in place.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote