Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 09-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #51
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
FYI

GM had a track package V6 prototype at Woodward a couple weeks ago. 1LE suspension, wheels, and ZL1 brakes......
Tried to tell em... no one listened.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #52
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..there is no worth in doing that. There is not enough torque or HP in the V6 to warrant it.
If anything, the sixxer is more of a "momentum car" through the twisties than the V8's are - so you might as well emphasize the potential advantages.

Actually, the straight line performance of the V6 Camaro is only a little off the pace of my 4.6L Mustang, and I had full intention to tweak that car specifically for better cornering & handling even before we sat down with the salesman to order it. Had a 1LE-level handling package (including similar width wheels and tires) been available, I'd almost certainly have sprung for it. I probably won't be able to match the 1LE's cornering and handling in an overall sense as an aftermarket + DIY effort, but it's what I'm aiming for.

Really, it'd be a no-brainer for a Camaro V6 owner-to-be who's at all interested in corners and roads that refuse to stay straight.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 09-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #53
Boydr12

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I think this would be pretty cool! Twin turbos and a weight reduction kit and this would slaughter my stock 1LE!
Boydr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #54
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
If GM were to build something like this, how many will be sitting on used car lots in a year or so? I will admit, I HAD a 2LT/RS ( and yes I paid almost as much for that as I could of bought a 1SS) and I just traded in.. to get a SS with the 1LE. Faster... My 6 could hold her own for the most part, but with the added horses, she still couldnt match a 8 for horses without lots of extra $$'s. So.. the upgrade a wa no brainer for me. And.. I got a sweet deal on my 1LE.. I got her for $37,601 and she is a 2SS/RS. That was basically $5,000 more than I paid for my V6 4 years ago.

oh.. afterthought.. how many camaro owners actually track their cars?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #55
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

You don't have to track or even autocross a car to appreciate better handling and little things like crisper steering response.

Norm
Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #56
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...that's true Norm, but it's a cross over fit from one system to another, a transplant, without a specific design or intention to use it on the lesser model other than it will fit. It's great for the SS, and was designed for that platform...but a tad bit overkill for the V6. To each his own, Chevy will shortcut a suspension design purpose build for the V6 and opt a package already in production for the SS LS3. This is setting precedence I believe. Yes, too much is better than not enough any day of the week. But, I am not for the idea of cutting corners by offering something shelf ready that is more than what is needed to save money for the company bottom line. That's a shortcut.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #57
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
FYI

GM had a track package V6 prototype at Woodward a couple weeks ago. 1LE suspension, wheels, and ZL1 brakes......
If it was the white one it was shown at last years SEMA. That's now the original 1LE started so you never know. It looks great too minus the hood graphics.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #58
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

I'm sure that if a 1LE package was offered for the V6 that the suspension parts of it would be tuned to work with the lighter car. But they wouldn't have to be all that different

Norm