Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #51
H-E


 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
Thanks Thomas, have you tracked your car with the 454? Its gonna be awhile before I do anything just gathering info. I want an enclosed trailer first and I have about 10K left on our wedding/honeymoon left to pay on. Should have all that done by next summer, and the wife just graduated from school and has her RN degree and started work so I should have some of my money freeing up soon.
Just a pass or two,of coarse with the 22s lol....Tell her I said WAY TO GO!!!!..We need to get together and let you drive my car ,im sure you will like the cubes lol..
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #52
Turbo99

 
Turbo99's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Just a pass or two,of coarse with the 22s lol....Tell her I said WAY TO GO!!!!..We need to get together and let you drive my car ,im sure you will like the cubes lol..
Yeah I need to try and get to an event, but they are always in my busy season. I'll tell her!
You need to slap some slicks or at least some DRs on that thing and see what its got. If we get to some where you can run slicks or my DRs lol not that you don't already have access to some.
__________________
Contact me for questions: coopwfo@gmail.com I cant send/receive PMs.
08' F250 CCSB 6.4L Diesel White & Black, Blacked out, 580RWHP @ 55psi 13.21 @ 101mph
10' Camaro 2SS LS3 M6 White & Black, Blacked out, 684 RWHP & 633 FT.LBS @ 10psi 10.82@130mph
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #53
H-E


 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If you call running on 22's to 12 second passes then yes, he has tracked his car. I've never understood why he doesn't just strap some track wheels on and show us just how fast the highest HP Maggie will go.
Since you started,actually I run 11.30s on my 22s,its a street car so I keep the same tires I run on the street. You do realize if you had a sixspeed in your car it would be a mid to high 10 second car right? Well assuming you could drive
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #54
Turbo99

 
Turbo99's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
I didn't build it for the track,with my rear brakes the smallest tire I can run is a 20 lol. Ive never been passed by a baby motor and a Maggie on the street
I hear ya, I'm not ready to make my car a drag/street car either..... yet. In a few years prolly. You must have had a decent MPH for an 11.30 on 22's
__________________
Contact me for questions: coopwfo@gmail.com I cant send/receive PMs.
08' F250 CCSB 6.4L Diesel White & Black, Blacked out, 580RWHP @ 55psi 13.21 @ 101mph
10' Camaro 2SS LS3 M6 White & Black, Blacked out, 684 RWHP & 633 FT.LBS @ 10psi 10.82@130mph
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #55
H-E


 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
I hear ya, I'm not ready to make my car a drag/street car either..... yet. In a few years prolly. You must have had a decent MPH for an 11.30 on 22's
It runs good for what I built it for,i do have a goal to run 10s on the 22s,i think I can do it.Its easy to get a number with an auto but with a sixspeed you got to have some skills lol...Are you going to Holley fest?
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #56
Turbo99

 
Turbo99's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
It runs good for what I built it for,i do have a goal to run 10s on the 22s,i think I can do it.Its easy to get a number with an auto but with a sixspeed you got to have some skills lol...Are you going to Holley fest?
No fest for me I have to fly out for work that weekend, if it would have been this weekend I could have gone.
__________________
Contact me for questions: coopwfo@gmail.com I cant send/receive PMs.
08' F250 CCSB 6.4L Diesel White & Black, Blacked out, 580RWHP @ 55psi 13.21 @ 101mph
10' Camaro 2SS LS3 M6 White & Black, Blacked out, 684 RWHP & 633 FT.LBS @ 10psi 10.82@130mph
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #57
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,567
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Cleaned up by request... Play nice people... Some of that was funny....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #58
Danny_Harris
 
Drives: no
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
Jamie,

The one of the charts have OD cog and I understand belt slip and all the variables. I want to see if anyone can come up with a RPM of the blower where it falls off. Everything else can be figured close enough the play with.

From what I can see it 18,000-19000 is about as fast as you want to go and still be efficient. With that being said I just wanted to see if other see the same data and from there you should be able to calculate what pulley setup will get you there and as you add cam, head work, compression, belt slip and other well that doesn't matter if you already are running a setup and can figure your loss.

I never been one to just say because so & so said it doesn't work it must not work. I just want to see how others interpret the data.
From what I see on the charts it looks like if you spin the motor 18K RPM on a smaller engine the efficiency falls off, where the same blower at the same speed on a bigger engine make less boost but is more efficient.

You have to turn the blower such a great amount of quicker on the 416 to make the same support as on a 376. The high temperature you make by turning the blower so quick refutes any addition you might have made in the force.
__________________
Danny_Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #59
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,844
The data you collected is all accurate, how you inturpret it in the car is another.

There is a big crutch with this package for high Horsepower and it is the Belt drive system.

A 10 rib drive is the best way to get you where you want to be but then you have to deal with the restrictions in the the blower manifold and intercooler.

Most all of the testing data does not include the blower manifold with intercooler.

It is obvious that the larger blowers will perform better and carry the power to the finish line.

Making power for 4 seconds is different then making power for 9 seconds we see this all the time

Take a lesson from GM they put a 4.0 blower on a 327 in the COPO and made 1200 HP.

Going up on cubic inch is effectively the same as putting a smaller blower on your 376 and trying to make the same power.

If you looking to do a 416 go to a whipple 4.0 or YSI and take advantage of it.

There is a term I use often when talking about turning blowers faster, Diminishing Returns!

The faster you spin the blower the More HP it takes to turn it and the More Heat it makes.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #60
Turbo99

 
Turbo99's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The data you collected is all accurate, how you inturpret it in the car is another.

There is a big crutch with this package for high Horsepower and it is the Belt drive system.

A 10 rib drive is the best way to get you where you want to be but then you have to deal with the restrictions in the the blower manifold and intercooler.

Most all of the testing data does not include the blower manifold with intercooler.

It is obvious that the larger blowers will perform better and carry the power to the finish line.

Making power for 4 seconds is different then making power for 9 seconds we see this all the time

Take a lesson from GM they put a 4.0 blower on a 327 in the COPO and made 1200 HP.

Going up on cubic inch is effectively the same as putting a smaller blower on your 376 and trying to make the same power.

If you looking to do a 416 go to a whipple 4.0 or YSI and take advantage of it.

There is a term I use often when talking about turning blowers faster, Diminishing Returns!

The faster you spin the blower the More HP it takes to turn it and the More Heat it makes.

Ted.
If the bolded statement is true, then that is pretty much false advertising and is pointless data...hell at that point I wouldn't even call it data.

I know bigger and better choices are out there. But as I said in the beginning I was wanting to do a build that I could use the Maggie on and make some gains but in the long run be able to use a centri or 4. Whipple or turbo and then make some bigger power but not have issues as long as I wanted to keep the 2300.
__________________
Contact me for questions: coopwfo@gmail.com I cant send/receive PMs.
08' F250 CCSB 6.4L Diesel White & Black, Blacked out, 580RWHP @ 55psi 13.21 @ 101mph
10' Camaro 2SS LS3 M6 White & Black, Blacked out, 684 RWHP & 633 FT.LBS @ 10psi 10.82@130mph
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #61
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
If the bolded statement is true, then that is pretty much false advertising and is pointless data...hell at that point I wouldn't even call it data.

I know bigger and better choices are out there. But as I said in the beginning I was wanting to do a build that I could use the Maggie on and make some gains but in the long run be able to use a centri or 4. Whipple or turbo and then make some bigger power but not have issues as long as I wanted to keep the 2300.
The data is accurate just not specific to any 1 kit that uses the 2300 supercharger head unit.

You will not have any issues duplicating your current power or even improving on it slightly due to keeping the compression, and depending if you step up to a 10 rib drive.

Just don't expect to make any large improvements in ET.

If your ready I have a 416 ready to go
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #62
Turbo99

 
Turbo99's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 1,314
LOL not ready yet, I have some things I need to pay for before that....or the wife will get grouchy...LOL so it will be next summer or fall. I am really thinking of the 3.9 stroke and like a 400ish CI but that doesn't seem to be real plentiful in crank options.

I am running a 3.1 front pulley now with 1:1 rear and make 10.5-11 psi with your lope cam and made 680 at LaMotta's dyno and stock it was 370 same dyno. So I would think if I did OD rears with the same front I would be ok on my 8 rib set up on a larger engine without too much slip unless. I don't seem to have ALOT of slip now I do have some, but I have had the same belt for awhile now and its not worn or broken and I get very little belt dust on my engine cover by the pulley but there is some.
__________________
Contact me for questions: coopwfo@gmail.com I cant send/receive PMs.
08' F250 CCSB 6.4L Diesel White & Black, Blacked out, 580RWHP @ 55psi 13.21 @ 101mph
10' Camaro 2SS LS3 M6 White & Black, Blacked out, 684 RWHP & 633 FT.LBS @ 10psi 10.82@130mph
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #63
willhe64

 
willhe64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,903
About the belt slip. Is that not caused by the increased resistance of running higher boost? Not caused by the smaller pulley.

If so, then if bigger engines make less boost, you should be able to pulley down to the same boost levels without causing the slip that smaller engines have with the same pulley size.
__________________
I feel it only fair to warn you, I have a black belt in CAPS LOCK.
willhe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #64
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
About the belt slip. Is that not caused by the increased resistance of running higher boost? Not caused by the smaller pulley.

If so, then if bigger engines make less boost, you should be able to pulley down to the same boost levels without causing the slip that smaller engines have with the same pulley size.
All Three, More blower RPM is More HP to turn, higher boost is more Hp to turn, and less Pulley surface to grab on to.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #65
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,804
I'm not slipping my belt with the LPE 10 rib kit. 2.95 pulley up front, OD cogs in back and 6% OD up front too. Making 16.5 psi on a very lopey blower cam (ground for centri) and ported heads on my 416. LPE can cure any belt slip you have, it'll just cost you an arm and a leg.
__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #66
Turbo99

 
Turbo99's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
I'm not slipping my belt with the LPE 10 rib kit. 2.95 pulley up front, OD cogs in back and 6% OD up front too. Making 16.5 psi on a very lopey blower cam (ground for centri) and ported heads on my 416. LPE can cure any belt slip you have, it'll just cost you an arm and a leg.
What does your car run at the track? That is what seems to be the issue is maintaining the power for an entire pass not just a dyno run. I am having a hard time grasping it myself with the pulley I am running and still being able to OD it seems like 14-16psi on a comparable 416 (cam & compression) it should be doable......but yet not many have proven the numbers at the track.
__________________
Contact me for questions: coopwfo@gmail.com I cant send/receive PMs.
08' F250 CCSB 6.4L Diesel White & Black, Blacked out, 580RWHP @ 55psi 13.21 @ 101mph
10' Camaro 2SS LS3 M6 White & Black, Blacked out, 684 RWHP & 633 FT.LBS @ 10psi 10.82@130mph
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #67
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
What does your car run at the track?

The bottom of his time slip says SLOW!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #68
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,804
Yeah it does, haven't made a full pass with the car yet. It ran a 16 through 2nd gear before I shut it down and coasted through the trap at 62mph. I'm ditching the Maggie now, pretty sad when your diesel can run 11s and your drag car can't yet.
__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #69
Turbo99

 
Turbo99's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Yeah it does, haven't made a full pass with the car yet. It ran a 16 through 2nd gear before I shut it down and coasted through the trap at 62mph. I'm ditching the Maggie now, pretty sad when your diesel can run 11s and your drag car can't yet.
LOL I have had that issue before, I had 7.3 back years ago and ran low 12's but it blew up a few times and cracked 3 blocks.....diesels are expensive. I just have a 6.4 PSD now with a tuner,exhaust and intake 550hp good truck and doesn't break.LOL
__________________
Contact me for questions: coopwfo@gmail.com I cant send/receive PMs.
08' F250 CCSB 6.4L Diesel White & Black, Blacked out, 580RWHP @ 55psi 13.21 @ 101mph
10' Camaro 2SS LS3 M6 White & Black, Blacked out, 684 RWHP & 633 FT.LBS @ 10psi 10.82@130mph
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #70
H-E


 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
What does your car run at the track? That is what seems to be the issue is maintaining the power for an entire pass not just a dyno run. I am having a hard time grasping it myself with the pulley I am running and still being able to OD it seems like 14-16psi on a comparable 416 (cam & compression) it should be doable......but yet not many have proven the numbers at the track.
We have 100s of 10 second passes with a 427 then 402 and 2300 this with a 6 speed stick which would be 9s with an auto .We have several 10.00s with a small shot in the same car rowing gears. You have a 10 second car now you just need to plant it,Jamies car runs great and if it was a stick it would be a mid to high 10 second car . Actually he has only made a few 9.90 something passes when everything was perfect so I would consider it a low 10 second car without gas and a high 9 second car on the gas. We ran 10.40s with an old 122 and a stock bottom end ls1 8 years ago ,a Maggie will run the numbers,most guys ditch them because there told they cant do it. As far as cubes theres no doubt in my mind if Jamie had a 416 motor in his car when Ted started with it he would be going just as fast or faster ,there going to get it done either way. I was against big cubes with the 2300 but my 454 with 11-1 is a blast and I cant say anything bad about it other than gas millage....You have a street car,you have a stick shift.....do the cubes ....I would give magnason a call and ask them who to talk to to get big power from the Maggie and pick there brain...Good luck and if I can help you give me a call anytime.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #71
H-E


 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
About the belt slip. Is that not caused by the increased resistance of running higher boost? Not caused by the smaller pulley.

If so, then if bigger engines make less boost, you should be able to pulley down to the same boost levels without causing the slip that smaller engines have with the same pulley size.
It has a lot to do with weight,the faster you spin the blower the more weight it puts on the belt ,the momentum of the rotors .
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #72
H-E


 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Harris View Post
You have to turn the blower such a great amount of quicker on the 416 to make the same support as on a 376. The high temperature you make by turning the blower so quick refutes any addition you might have made in the force.
You could say that about any blower couldn't you?
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #73
Turbo99

 
Turbo99's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
We have 100s of 10 second passes with a 427 then 402 and 2300 this with a 6 speed stick which would be 9s with an auto .We have several 10.00s with a small shot in the same car rowing gears. You have a 10 second car now you just need to plant it,Jamies car runs great and if it was a stick it would be a mid to high 10 second car . Actually he has only made a few 9.90 something passes when everything was perfect so I would consider it a low 10 second car without gas and a high 9 second car on the gas. We ran 10.40s with an old 122 and a stock bottom end ls1 8 years ago ,a Maggie will run the numbers,most guys ditch them because there told they cant do it. As far as cubes theres no doubt in my mind if Jamie had a 416 motor in his car when Ted started with it he would be going just as fast or faster ,there going to get it done either way. I was against big cubes with the 2300 but my 454 with 11-1 is a blast and I cant say anything bad about it other than gas millage....You have a street car,you have a stick shift.....do the cubes ....I would give magnason a call and ask them who to talk to to get big power from the Maggie and pick there brain...Good luck and if I can help you give me a call anytime.
I am going to keep an eye on some builds and things before I pull the trigger. I like the Maggie for the time and using it on the street. I hear ya on the mileage, mine started to suffer a couple MPG when I broke 600.
__________________
Contact me for questions: coopwfo@gmail.com I cant send/receive PMs.
08' F250 CCSB 6.4L Diesel White & Black, Blacked out, 580RWHP @ 55psi 13.21 @ 101mph
10' Camaro 2SS LS3 M6 White & Black, Blacked out, 684 RWHP & 633 FT.LBS @ 10psi 10.82@130mph
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #74
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
We have 100s of 10 second passes with a 427 then 402 and 2300 this with a 6 speed stick which would be 9s with an auto .We have several 10.00s with a small shot in the same car rowing gears. You have a 10 second car now you just need to plant it,Jamies car runs great and if it was a stick it would be a mid to high 10 second car . Actually he has only made a few 9.90 something passes when everything was perfect so I would consider it a low 10 second car without gas and a high 9 second car on the gas. We ran 10.40s with an old 122 and a stock bottom end ls1 8 years ago ,a Maggie will run the numbers,most guys ditch them because there told they cant do it. As far as cubes theres no doubt in my mind if Jamie had a 416 motor in his car when Ted started with it he would be going just as fast or faster ,there going to get it done either way. I was against big cubes with the 2300 but my 454 with 11-1 is a blast and I cant say anything bad about it other than gas millage....You have a street car,you have a stick shift.....do the cubes ....I would give magnason a call and ask them who to talk to to get big power from the Maggie and pick there brain...Good luck and if I can help you give me a call anytime.
If a few in your neck of the woods is 30 than you should smack your 1st grade math teacher.

My car has made over 30 passes 9.99 and quicker. Prob 25 between 9.80 and 9.90.

Please leave me out of your posts. You have no idea about my car so you shouldn't comment about.

Stick to your GTO stories. We just can't get enough of them.

Last edited by Supercharged SS; 09-02-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #75
Turbo99

 
Turbo99's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 1,314
The thing is...Jamie's car is an exception. If you sold that engine combo to anyone else it would not be in the 9's. The amount of time a logging he has and with Ted in his backyard (hip pocket) lol they have a TOn of time in the ENTIRE car and setup.

What sux is I goto the track and I here people say well Supercharged SS car this and that and they just don't understand that you didn't just bolt this stuff on a go 9's, and nobody will.
__________________
Contact me for questions: coopwfo@gmail.com I cant send/receive PMs.
08' F250 CCSB 6.4L Diesel White & Black, Blacked out, 580RWHP @ 55psi 13.21 @ 101mph
10' Camaro 2SS LS3 M6 White & Black, Blacked out, 684 RWHP & 633 FT.LBS @ 10psi 10.82@130mph
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.