Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
awh3r
 
Drives: truck
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 45
Potential Camaro Owner Concerns

I have been waiting for the Camaro to come back since it's demise. When I heard it was returning, I went to all the shows just to get a glance and counted the days for its production return. I was so hoping that the manufacturing quality would improve with the new design. I owned a 1983 Z28 which was a mechanics nightmare and I eventually had to trade it in.
After reading these discussions, I am very discouraged and dissappointed. I have a few question that I am hoping a few of my Camaro friends can answer.

1 - Do you think GM is paying attention to these issues and addressing them promptly?
2 - Are these just bumps in a new car model? I thought most of the mechanicals were already in use in other models such as Cadilac and Pontiac (G8). If so, why are there issues?

I am just trying to made sense of all this.

Thanks,
awh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
29er

 
29er's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 1,361
wait for the second year camaro. when a new model comes out it has all kinds of itches so after gm fixes them all,by the end of the year, you'll be ok. for i will wait for the 2011 or 2012 model..
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
67 Convertible

 
67 Convertible's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by awh3r View Post
I have been waiting for the Camaro to come back since it's demise. When I heard it was returning, I went to all the shows just to get a glance and counted the days for its production return. I was so hoping that the manufacturing quality would improve with the new design. I owned a 1983 Z28 which was a mechanics nightmare and I eventually had to trade it in.
After reading these discussions, I am very discouraged and dissappointed. I have a few question that I am hoping a few of my Camaro friends can answer.

1 - Do you think GM is paying attention to these issues and addressing them promptly?
2 - Are these just bumps in a new car model? I thought most of the mechanicals were already in use in other models such as Cadilac and Pontiac (G8). If so, why are there issues?

I am just trying to made sense of all this.

Thanks,
I have NO issues with my car, period. It is probably one of the finest cars I have ever purchased. Absolutely perfect quality, fit, paint, interior.

There will be a few issues with any production car. What widespread problems do you speak of? Battery cable with the 1st few hundred produced? = corrected. I don't know what else there is? My car is perfect in every way and would recommend a new Camaro to anyone.
__________________
_____________________________________________
2LT/RS RJT, Blk Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, Sunroof
Placed order at dealer 4/24/09
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
awh3r
 
Drives: truck
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 45
Thanks Hurst equiped and 67 Convertible, I appreciate your feedback. I am saving each month for a down payment in hopes of getting one loaded. I just turned 50 and I will be graduating college next May (better late than never) and I hope to make this a gift to myself.

Forgive my ignorance however are there any bloggers on this site who work at the camaro factory or representing GM?
awh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
patriotpa
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Posts: 1,967
Get one. You won't regret it.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
67 Convertible

 
67 Convertible's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by awh3r View Post
Forgive my ignorance however are there any bloggers on this site who work at the camaro factory or representing GM?
Yes there are Oshawa assembly plant employees, dealers and GM executives who visit and post to this site regularly.
__________________
_____________________________________________
2LT/RS RJT, Blk Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, Sunroof
Placed order at dealer 4/24/09
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
Dakota Kid

 
Dakota Kid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
I have NO issues with my car, period. It is probably one of the finest cars I have ever purchased. Absolutely perfect quality, fit, paint, interior.

There will be a few issues with any production car. What widespread problems do you speak of? Battery cable with the 1st few hundred produced? = corrected. I don't know what else there is? My car is perfect in every way and would recommend a new Camaro to anyone.
There have been a whole host of issues.
__________________
2SS/RJT/L99
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
Paperer
Ragin' Cajun
 
Paperer's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Camaro SS - '10 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas/Oklahoma
Posts: 1,170
It's a big investment, but as long as there's a warranty, I don't care if it blows up on me. If you're that cautious, just wait for next year's or the end of this year. Hopefully mark-ups don't get bad.
__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/paper2302/Siggy.jpg
Paperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
67 Convertible

 
67 Convertible's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
There have been a whole host of issues.

A whole host of issues?? Please elaborate.
A few hundred battery cable shorts, major issue which has been corrected. A few mis-matched tail lights, a couple transmission issues, an A pillar clip that doesn't hold and a few others. This is not a whole host of issues. This is a few cars out of 25,000 built so far.
You telling me just as many Fords, Toyotas, Hondas etc don't have a few cars with issues? We are not talking thousands of Camaors with issues, a few here and there. Please list the host of issues for me, that were issues to more than a few dozen cars.
__________________
_____________________________________________
2LT/RS RJT, Blk Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, Sunroof
Placed order at dealer 4/24/09
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #10
rickerda
 
rickerda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chester VA
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
I have NO issues with my car, period. It is probably one of the finest cars I have ever purchased. Absolutely perfect quality, fit, paint, interior.

There will be a few issues with any production car. What widespread problems do you speak of? Battery cable with the 1st few hundred produced? = corrected. I don't know what else there is? My car is perfect in every way and would recommend a new Camaro to anyone.
67 Convertible, have you read this section http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70 There have been several issues with the new Camaro. Most are minor and easy to fix. (prevent)
6M trans is the latest issue.

As for first year cars go, I also own an 08 Challenger SRT8, the Challenger had very few issues. All very minor. However, Dodge only release a small number of Challengers and Chevrolet is building the Camaros just as fast as they can. I guessing that in their rush they are missing things, like broken clips on interior part and loose nuts on the spoiler.

Still a great car, but they may need to slow down production abit, the buyers will still be there.
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
franknbeans
Whipped
 
franknbeans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh-ish - PA
Posts: 4,141
have to say zero issues with my ride as well.
__________________
The "ManCard"

franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
Dakota Kid

 
Dakota Kid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
A whole host of issues?? Please elaborate.
A few hundred battery cable shorts, major issue which has been corrected. A few mis-matched tail lights, a couple transmission issues, an A pillar clip that doesn't hold and a few others. This is not a whole host of issues. This is a few cars out of 25,000 built so far.
You telling me just as many Fords, Toyotas, Hondas etc don't have a few cars with issues? We are not talking thousands of Camaors with issues, a few here and there. Please list the host of issues for me, that were issues to more than a few dozen cars.
I am glad your car is defect free, so far. I really am.

But....if you do a search on this site you will see what I believe to be an unusual array of quality control issues....and I am very, very concerned. I have an L99 on order, and there have been documented L99's performing far worse than advertised.

Now this new major ordeal with the M6's.... wow.

I am not trying to stir the pot. Hell this is disappointing news to ALL of us.
__________________
2SS/RJT/L99

Last edited by Dakota Kid; 07-13-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
Unfair
Banned
 
Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
I have NO issues with my car, period. It is probably one of the finest cars I have ever purchased. Absolutely perfect quality, fit, paint, interior.

There will be a few issues with any production car. What widespread problems do you speak of? Battery cable with the 1st few hundred produced? = corrected. I don't know what else there is? My car is perfect in every way and would recommend a new Camaro to anyone.
There are plenty of issues. glad you got a good one.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #14
LAWMAN

 
LAWMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasc.Ms.
Posts: 789
my new camaro is perfect in every way so far,except....im on 3rd. tank of gas and don't have 600 miles on it,1st.tank..19.6/gal...2nd. tank..17.7/gal,....gased it up 2 days ago,checked it lastnight...10.5/gal....and no i have not driven it hard....anyone else having same issue?
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V6 Camaro Performance Upgrades rtcat600man Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 348 12-09-2014 07:11 AM
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 49 09-09-2014 06:46 AM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 01:59 AM
Motorgen LA Invasion Videos (58) and Pics Thread SeanPlunk USA - California 5 05-31-2009 02:23 AM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.