Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #26
AustinWithrow
 
AustinWithrow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Corbin, Ky
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Op do you have an automatic or manual?
Auto.
__________________
"Always focus on the front windshield, not on the rear view mirror"
AustinWithrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #27
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six
 
NoSyT's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Ah, didn't notice the year. It's a bummer the LLT headers never really took off so no one is in a rush to push out a set for the LFX.
Since the LFX engine has integrated headers and only has one tube from each side of the engine, it's pretty hard to build a single pipe to replace a single pipe.

This is why the LFX puts out 323 HP vs the LLT putting out 312.
__________________

Last edited by NoSyT; 09-08-2013 at 12:29 AM.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #28
RacnJsn95
Mad Scientist

 
RacnJsn95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 3,029
Send a message via AIM to RacnJsn95 Send a message via MSN to RacnJsn95
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
Auto.
Then i think you are limited to 3.55 gears, unless you want to swap the whole SS rear end, axles and hubs... Quite a bit of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSyT View Post
Since the LFX engine has integrated headers and only has one tube from each side of the engine, it's pretty hard to build a single pipe to replace a single pipe.

This is why the LFX puts out 323 HP vs the LLT putting out 312.
I wouldn't say that's the whole reason it makes more power, but I'm sure it probably helps. Glad someone pointed that out for the guy that still thinks LFX headers could be a possibility.... I'm working on a double tube exit, out if the head... That'd about as close as it's going to get, but gains will probably be slim to none.
__________________

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
RacnJsn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #29
AustinWithrow
 
AustinWithrow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Corbin, Ky
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Then i think you are limited to 3.55 gears, unless you want to swap the whole SS rear end, axles and hubs... Quite a bit of money.

you can't run 3.91 gears with the auto? can you with the manual?


I wouldn't say that's the whole reason it makes more power, but I'm sure it probably helps. Glad someone pointed that out for the guy that still thinks LFX headers could be a possibility.... I'm working on a double tube exit, out if the head... That'd about as close as it's going to get, but gains will probably be slim to none.
yeah...
__________________
"Always focus on the front windshield, not on the rear view mirror"
AustinWithrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #30
RacnJsn95
Mad Scientist

 
RacnJsn95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 3,029
Send a message via AIM to RacnJsn95 Send a message via MSN to RacnJsn95
No, you can't run 3.91 gears in the auto v6 rear... Have to swap the rear, axles, and hubs from an ss or a manual v6 car to have options like the 3.91 gear.

3.55 is currently the only option for the auto v6 rear
__________________

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
RacnJsn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #31
AustinWithrow
 
AustinWithrow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Corbin, Ky
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
No, you can't run 3.91 gears in the auto v6 rear... Have to swap the rear, axles, and hubs from an ss or a manual v6 car to have options like the 3.91 gear.

3.55 is currently the only option for the auto v6 rear
alright thank you!
__________________
"Always focus on the front windshield, not on the rear view mirror"
AustinWithrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #32
RacnJsn95
Mad Scientist

 
RacnJsn95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 3,029
Send a message via AIM to RacnJsn95 Send a message via MSN to RacnJsn95
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
alright thank you!
I happen to have a brand new set of 3.55 auto v6 gears for sale in the classifieds...

What are your ultimate goals for the car? Are you willing to sacrifice some daily drivability to make your car quicker? Or do you just want it quick as possible from random bolt ons and hope for the best?
__________________

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
RacnJsn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #33
dangnplus
 
dangnplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT camaro RS package
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I happen to have a brand new set of 3.55 auto v6 gears for sale in the classifieds...

What are your ultimate goals for the car? Are you willing to sacrifice some daily drivability to make your car quicker? Or do you just want it quick as possible from random bolt ons and hope for the best?
I think he wants a fast car along with a daily drive!
__________________
dangnplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #34
AustinWithrow
 
AustinWithrow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Corbin, Ky
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangnplus View Post
I think he wants a fast car along with a daily drive!
you're exactly right!
__________________
"Always focus on the front windshield, not on the rear view mirror"
AustinWithrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #35
Snidely Whiplash
Protected by Sig Sauer
 
Snidely Whiplash's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS bright yellow LS3 w/sunroof
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 198
Gears and drag radials are the quickest way to a lower ET without the engine wear of the laughing gas. If you're running an automatic transmission, a change of torque converters would help the lower 3.91 gear launch the car. The 3.91 gear will not let your stock converter flash into the torque curve as quick the stock gears.
__________________
1967 Chevelle - Vette L88 engine (factory 12.5:1 comp) and 2:54 Muncie bought from insurance company - 4.11 gears w/10" slicks - 11.80 passes (sold)
1969 SS/RS 350 Camaro w/Pace Car Paint (sold)
1971 GTO - stock 400 motor w/hood tach - metallic blue (sold)
1969 AMX - mild 355 Chevy powered w/11.80 passes (sold)
1962 Chevy II - pump gas street legal Chevy 355 with 11.40 passes - w/175 horse squeeze kit 9.72 passes (sold)
1977 Harley FLH
2002 Road King Classic
2014 2SS Camaro - Headers and tune soon to come at LG Motorsports
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #36
IneedAZ

 
IneedAZ's Avatar
 
Drives: not enough power
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,472
Personally i would not do drag radials til last...Lighter wheels for racing yes, but not the tires as u will find you dont spin now and are unlikely to have a problem with traction with most mods with an Automatic. I just ran at the track saturday with a 100shot of nitrous and using street tires and 3.91 gears and still didnt have a traction problem. The Vredestein tires do a good job..Use the money towards something else
__________________
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, and more. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #37
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
fsusmithc2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1LT/RS A6
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I happen to have a brand new set of 3.55 auto v6 gears for sale in the classifieds...
Do you now? Hmm.

Well 3.55 is better than 3.45 I suppose. Doesn't shift the peak hp/tq numbers as much and is probably more of a compromise between the stock 3.27 (or less for 2LS peeps) and the better 3.91.

Still have to do an SS or 1LE swap to get LSD/posi though correct? Gears are great but if only one wheel spins, you're still not doing a burnout. That's why I've been sitting on the edge of the water box to do mine now instead of rolling past it (yes nannies are off).
__________________
2012 1LT/RS A6 - 14.11 @ 99.75mph
Performance: CAI intake w/scoop - Ark N-II cat-back - V-Max ported TB - SOLO HFCs - RX catch can - LSR strut brace
Appearance: Hexis vinyl cf bowties (Headlight Armor) - Oracle ABL interior, grill, and under-hood lighting, P13W plasma DRLs, ghosted sidemarkers - LSR billet strut retainers - 30% tint w/ 5% front strip - Dash plaque and under-hood bowtie by EmblemPros - Custom painted engine and fuse covers - Heritage grill - Gill stripes by Big Worm Graphix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career. Get used to it
*How to hug your Camaro*
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #38
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 View Post
Do you now? Hmm.

Well 3.55 is better than 3.45 I suppose. Doesn't shift the peak hp/tq numbers as much and is probably more of a compromise between the stock 3.27 (or less for 2LS peeps) and the better 3.91.

Still have to do an SS or 1LE swap to get LSD/posi though correct? Gears are great but if only one wheel spins, you're still not doing a burnout. That's why I've been sitting on the edge of the water box to do mine now instead of rolling past it (yes nannies are off).
I think deciding what gears you're going to go with is more of a personal choice. As many have said, the 3.91 gears increase the fun factor a bunch, which I can definitely see. They also increase city MPG and barely decrease highway MPG. If you're a big highway driver, you might not want to sacrifice MPG but if you're a city driver, the gain in MPG and gain in "fun factor" are both big pluses. I will say that if you're going to do the conversion for the LSD I would personally go ahead and do the 3.91 at the same time, even though I'm a big highway driver, you might as well do it all at once. Just my opinion.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #39
mongooseboy000
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
I've heard some people say that a 3.91 gear won't help anything.. what would it help? and what kind of drag radials do you suggest?
if ur an m6 don't do drag radials on stock axles. i have be wanted by many members on here not to do it until i upgraded my axles. I'm taking their advice n not learning by trial and error.
__________________
2013 Camaro 1SS M6
Kooks Longtubes, ZL1 Rear Section, ADM Race Intake, Tuned


My build journal
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7428976
mongooseboy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #40
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
fsusmithc2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1LT/RS A6
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I think deciding what gears you're going to go with is more of a personal choice. As many have said, the 3.91 gears increase the fun factor a bunch, which I can definitely see. They also increase city MPG and barely decrease highway MPG. If you're a big highway driver, you might not want to sacrifice MPG but if you're a city driver, the gain in MPG and gain in "fun factor" are both big pluses. I will say that if you're going to do the conversion for the LSD I would personally go ahead and do the 3.91 at the same time, even though I'm a big highway driver, you might as well do it all at once. Just my opinion.
I'm definitely more city than highway so going all the way is really the best choice, I agree. My bank account, on the other hand, has objections.
__________________
2012 1LT/RS A6 - 14.11 @ 99.75mph
Performance: CAI intake w/scoop - Ark N-II cat-back - V-Max ported TB - SOLO HFCs - RX catch can - LSR strut brace
Appearance: Hexis vinyl cf bowties (Headlight Armor) - Oracle ABL interior, grill, and under-hood lighting, P13W plasma DRLs, ghosted sidemarkers - LSR billet strut retainers - 30% tint w/ 5% front strip - Dash plaque and under-hood bowtie by EmblemPros - Custom painted engine and fuse covers - Heritage grill - Gill stripes by Big Worm Graphix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career. Get used to it
*How to hug your Camaro*
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.