Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions

Camaro5 Fest Discussions All talk related to the Camaro5 Fest events.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #26
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Recent Competition Plus article ... http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...pute-continues

Appears that is still in dispute, but initial air survey found no violation. Lawsuits for both companies still are in the courts.
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #27
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
Recent Competition Plus article ... http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...pute-continues

Appears that is still in dispute, but initial air survey found no violation. Lawsuits for both companies still are in the courts.
As expected... it will go on for a long time, but will not affect Camaro 5 Fest which is the weekend after the NHRA event.

“Nothing has changed and we will release our schedule next week,” Angel said. “The NHRA SpringNationals is guaranteed to be taking place. The sanctioning body, NHRA, has assured us of that. So, our fans can rest assured in 2014 we will be providing championship drag racing.”

Royal Purple Raceway is scheduled to host the 27th annual SpringNationals April 25-27.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #28
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Interestingly, the link that I posted showed a more recent date, but was identical to tpower's post - bleah.

And I agree, it doesn't appear that this is currently affecting the schedule for any events there this year. It "appears" that the dispute "may" be more of an issue between competing companies than an actual issue for the track.

Sorry for duplicate post - truly though that the Jan 9 date I saw listed on the article link was a true update!
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #29
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
Interestingly, the link that I posted showed a more recent date, but was identical to tpower's post - bleah.

And I agree, it doesn't appear that this is currently affecting the schedule for any events there this year. It "appears" that the dispute "may" be more of an issue between competing companies than an actual issue for the track.

Sorry for duplicate post - truly though that the Jan 9 date I saw listed on the article link was a true update!
Well it is a big issue for the track. I attended the TECQ hearing and saw the pictures of all the dust.

However, we've been racing out there every weekend.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #30
xTOXICxDEATHx

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro Hot Wheels Ed
The real questions I have is how is the rock dust going to be to the paint jobs on our cars I can see small sractches on them by time this is done they should have found a better place