Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #26
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Will their end links with SS sway bars help a V6 car? I have stock SS sways that I got for free. Will these end links even fit the stock bars? and if so will the change be noticeable on a V6?
SS Fascia
Factory RS HIDs
Plasma P13W fog lights
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
3 inch round cut, rolled exhaust tips
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels, Nitto Motivos
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #27
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
I'm totally satisfied with the Proven Wicked end links. They have been through two track days (four 20 minute sessions each day) and have driven back and forth to work all week while in street config. No issues or clunking! I just wish they were more visible since they look like pieces of art.
Rod-ends tend to rattle rather than clunk as wear first begins to develop.

What you're more likely to experience before that assuming a year-round daily driven car is squeaking or groaning. I have rod-ended endlinks on my car (obviously not those Proven Wicked part numbers), and without boots working a shot or two of WD-40 into each ball & socket every once in a while keeps them quiet (I wipe the excess). They have never rattled in over 3 years. I would expect PW's endlinks to hold up equally well.

Now you've got me wondering if those boots would fit my UMI endlinks.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #28
gotroost

Drives: IOM 2SS RS
I would check with Shane at Proven Wicked. He can get busy with the shop, but normally responds to e-mails in a timely manner.

Mods: JRE 470 cam kit, Dynatech long tubes/hi-flo cats, SLP underdrive pulley, CAI intake/ADM scoop, Pfadt Stage 2 suspension, Hotchkiss strut tower brace, Proven Wicked tow hook and end links, DBA rotors, some bloody knuckles, still in progress...
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #29
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Rod-ends tend to rattle rather than clunk as wear first begins to develop.

What you're more likely to experience before that assuming a year-round daily driven car is squeaking or groaning. I have rod-ended endlinks on my car (obviously not those Proven Wicked part numbers), and without boots working a shot or two of WD-40 into each ball & socket every once in a while keeps them quiet (I wipe the excess). They have never rattled in over 3 years. I would expect PW's endlinks to hold up equally well.

Now you've got me wondering if those boots would fit my UMI endlinks.

Norm
True I think on the rattle sound and makes sence. Keep reading on "clunking" and endlinks. Took off my Pfadt units as I have clunking and put on stock ZL1 units. Sound is still there, maybe a tad less, probably bigger tires and rims or the Hotchkis springs and install, only thing it can be as all things are tight. Only thing after a year was the heim joint at the bar end was not tight, just loose and flopped around
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #30
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
For those of you that own the wicked endlinks, what swaybars are you pairing them with? Do they line up okay? Curious? Thxs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk