Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
LSR Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
giant_g2
 
giant_g2's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 225
RX is Terrible!

Is anybody else having problems getting your catch can from RX?

I ordered mine a couple months ago and it said it had a 2 week back order. I thought, ok, that's not too bad. So after a month of waiting I still had not received it and I contacted them. They told me the back order was 4-6 weeks and that I should have it in 2 weeks (bringing me to the 6 week mark). It has been about 9 weeks now. I tried contacting them last week, but still no answer. I just sent them another email telling them to ship my order tomorrow or give me a refund.

If they fail to reply within a week I think I will have to file a complaint against them for deceptive business practices and maybe even fraud. They took my money, never sent my order, and are not responding.
giant_g2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,333
Unfortunately you are not alone. I am not sure anyone has gotten their money back either. Best of luck to you.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
45thAnniversary2SS

 
45thAnniversary2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,131
Should have done a search of RX on here before buying. No way I'd order from them.
__________________
45thAnniversary2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
CamaroJoe96
 
CamaroJoe96's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Full Bolt on LFX M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago,Illinois
Posts: 398
You're beating a dead horse. They're having trouble keeping up with demand. Mine took 3 months to arrive, and am over all happy with the product. If you don't want to wait, ask for a refund, and go with an elite catch can. Filing a law suit is out of hand imo
__________________
CamaroJoe96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,046
Unfortunately you are not alone. If I were you I would just file a dispute with your credit card and order the Elite can from Apex Chase.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
Is anybody else having problems getting your catch can from RX?

I ordered mine a couple months ago and it said it had a 2 week back order. I thought, ok, that's not too bad. So after a month of waiting I still had not received it and I contacted them. They told me the back order was 4-6 weeks and that I should have it in 2 weeks (bringing me to the 6 week mark). It has been about 9 weeks now. I tried contacting them last week, but still no answer. I just sent them another email telling them to ship my order tomorrow or give me a refund.

If they fail to reply within a week I think I will have to file a complaint against them for deceptive business practices and maybe even fraud. They took my money, never sent my order, and are not responding.
....IMHO it's a small company that is expanding. They make a quality product, but due to all the exposure and positive feedback here they have gotten more orders than they can deliver on a timely basis. In other words, the demand exceeded the supply capacity. Be patient.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
mcdoogle6969

 
mcdoogle6969's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,902
I was hoping to get a Monster Catch Can from them for my build, don't really want to put a smaller one on such a high HP goal. BUT, I don't want to wait that long either...I want to be on the streets with my car yet before winter. It sucks!
__________________
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
blazzin1


 
blazzin1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 4,260
Well, if you happen to get your money back, don't forget about the Mike Norris Can. It's great!!! I have it on my car, and usually drain 4-6 oz. at every oil change.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
giant_g2
 
giant_g2's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Unfortunately you are not alone. If I were you I would just file a dispute with your credit card and order the Elite can from Apex Chase.
I would like the company to refund my money and then I will buy an Elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJoe96 View Post
You're beating a dead horse. They're having trouble keeping up with demand. Mine took 3 months to arrive, and am over all happy with the product. If you don't want to wait, ask for a refund, and go with an elite catch can. Filing a law suit is out of hand imo
I don't want to file a law suit, just file a complaint; not because of how long it is taking, but because they flat out lied to me (hell of a lot longer than 2 weeks, or 6 weeks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....IMHO it's a small company that is expanding. They make a quality product, but due to all the exposure and positive feedback here they have gotten more orders than they can deliver on a timely basis. In other words, the demand exceeded the supply capacity. Be patient.
If they could actually tell me when they will ship it, then I would be happy. I'm tired of them jerking me around for over 2 months saying that that it will ship in the next 2 weeks. I don't like being lied to.
giant_g2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
Modern07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....IMHO it's a small company that is expanding. They make a quality product, but due to all the exposure and positive feedback here they have gotten more orders than they can deliver on a timely basis. In other words, the demand exceeded the supply capacity. Be patient.
This is not correct at all.

Many many people on this forum and numerous other forums are out of pocket to the tune of thousands of dollars because of the antics of this company and they should be avoided like the plague.

Many people on here are still waiting for refunds but the chances of getting those are very slim unfortunately.

The catch cans they sell used to be OK, but even those are now cheaply made and poor quality in an attempt to cut corners and save money.

There is a reason why they are banned from this forum - unfortunately it took way too long and far too many people ended up out of pocket in the meantime.
__________________
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
Aubrey64


 
Aubrey64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,691
There are at least a dozen other threads exactly like this, you are not alone
__________________
Aubrey64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #12
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 4,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
This is not correct at all.

Many many people on this forum and numerous other forums are out of pocket to the tune of thousands of dollars because of the antics of this company and they should be avoided like the plague.

Many people on here are still waiting for refunds but the chances of getting those are very slim unfortunately.

The catch cans they sell used to be OK, but even those are now cheaply made and poor quality in an attempt to cut corners and save money.

There is a reason why they are banned from this forum - unfortunately it took way too long and far too many people ended up out of pocket in the meantime.
Correct. There is a reason Tracy is banned on this forum...
__________________
557 rwhp / 525 rwtq (PFADT Headers & Cats/ Roto-Fab Intake / Ported LSA TB)
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #13
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 23,950
Moroso makes a great one too.


Thread moved to the proper sub-forum
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #14
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
Lil' Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,061
Like the others have said, you're not alone OP, unfortunately. They're a few bad reviews of RX on here and on google... and you cant fake google lol
__________________
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #15
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,520
Elite CC FTMFW!!!
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #16
NewDivide
NewDivide
 
NewDivide's Avatar
 
Drives: SW '13 1SS/RS & '12 Honda CRV
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South East, Mass
Posts: 765
3 months tomorrow since my order and no communication/response from them. Worse PayPal said not eligible for dispute resolution.........
__________________
NewDivide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #17
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,520
I have to wonder with all the crap builds they have are put out lately if they are still even in business.
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #18
caper

 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal, I.E.
Posts: 1,272
damn, I have one of these waiting to go on my car. had no idea tracy was banned. any links to threads where this all went down?
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #19
AKA-22

 
AKA-22's Avatar
 
Drives: ELLE-1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Farmington ,mo
Posts: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
This is not correct at all.

Many many people on this forum and numerous other forums are out of pocket to the tune of thousands of dollars because of the antics of this company and they should be avoided like the plague.

Many people on here are still waiting for refunds but the chances of getting those are very slim unfortunately.

The catch cans they sell used to be OK, but even those are now cheaply made and poor quality in an attempt to cut corners and save money.

There is a reason why they are banned from this forum - unfortunately it took way too long and far too many people ended up out of pocket in the meantime.
yes i agree!!!!
__________________
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Like the others have said, you're not alone OP, unfortunately. They're a few bad reviews of RX on here and on google... and you cant fake google lol
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #21
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,557
Sorry to read this, OP. I'm still out 6150.00 from RX. Hope you can get your money back.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #22
Billabongi
 
Billabongi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT\RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 326
Wow this is surprising and crazy. Tracy was always great to me, I got my Vmax TB & Catch Can from them since they are relatively local to me.
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #23
giant_g2
 
giant_g2's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
Wow this is surprising and crazy. Tracy was always great to me, I got my Vmax TB & Catch Can from them since they are relatively local to me.
How about going over there and getting them to send my order? Please
giant_g2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #24
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 9,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Sorry to read this, OP. I'm still out 6150.00 from RX. Hope you can get your money back.
:O Welcome back!
__________________
kjkjr27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #25
elsololobo02
 
elsololobo02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 242
Rx stil owes me $1800.00 for cams that didn't work properly and a turbo housing they never installed. Take a number...
elsololobo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.