Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #35
StreetSS
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 160
My Rx CC never caught oil either, but the filter I installed after it did (per Tracy's challenge). This is looking inside my CC from the bottom with a scope. Nice round cut there. I assumed the poor quality continued inside where I could not see and switched to another CC.
Attached Images
 
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #36
MrGood

 
MrGood's Avatar
 
Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Balm, FL
Posts: 1,033
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
If we're talking about effectiveness take a look at my intake manifold after running Tracy's catch can and sc kit for a few thousand miles. I don't say this to be malicious towards one company. But save yourself the trouble and dispute it if you can or ask for a refund and go with another can. I hear elite is good as is Mike Norris. The last time I was here I was sort of prophetizing about the Tracy Lewis Rev Xtreme supercharger kit before I was silenced and we all see how that turned out. I'll be going now but before I do I want to reiterate the fact that I wish you the best of luck whatever method you take.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #37
james347
 
Drives: 2006 Crownline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: .
Posts: 706
That is after you installed the Catch Can????



I have the Elite on the clean, and dirty side, and after 4000 miles, the inside of the intake looks as clean as the day I bought the car with 6 miles on it.

Sorry for your troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
If we're talking about effectiveness take a look at my intake manifold after running Tracy's catch can and sc kit for a few thousand miles. I don't say this to be malicious towards one company. But save yourself the trouble and dispute it if you can or ask for a refund and go with another can. I hear elite is good as is Mike Norris. The last time I was here I was sort of prophetizing about the Tracy Lewis Rev Xtreme supercharger kit before I was silenced and we all see how that turned out. I'll be going now but before I do I want to reiterate the fact that I wish you the best of luck whatever method you take.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #38
white ZL1

 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,835
Wow. This just keeps getting worse and worse with this guy.
How many people are running one of this catch cans right now and are having the same problem and don't even know it?
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #39
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,566
Not to pile on but after removing the RX SC kit and CC from my car last August and removing the plenum cover this is what I found.




There are better options out there.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #40
giant_g2
 
giant_g2's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 276
Finally! I got an email from him saying he'll refund my money. Not sure if it was the message on the cell, 2 messages on the regular phone, 2 emails, 2 Facebook messages, or the BBB complaint that worked. Now I am anxiously waiting to see the money.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #41
lexlueger


 
lexlueger's Avatar
 
Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte NC /Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
Finally! I got an email from him saying he'll refund my money. Not sure if it was the message on the cell, 2 messages on the regular phone, 2 emails, 2 Facebook messages, or the BBB complaint that worked. Now I am anxiously waiting to see the money.
You won't see a dime sorry to say. I've been waiting months on a refund. I also did the FB, Email, BBB and Linkedin. He is essentially on the run from everybody.
__________________
MAST 416 STROKER: STAGE 3 TVS 2300
CUSTOM CAM
TPIS 102 TB
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.


lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #42
giant_g2
 
giant_g2's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
You won't see a dime sorry to say. I've been waiting months on a refund. I also did the FB, Email, BBB and Linkedin. He is essentially on the run from everybody.
If that is the case, then I will get the DA and police involved.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #43
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 10,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
If that is the case, then I will get the DA and police involved.
Sorry but the police will not get involved with this and unlikely the DA will either.
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #44
lexlueger


 
lexlueger's Avatar
 
Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte NC /Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Sorry but the police will not get involved with this and unlikely the DA will either.
I don't see why not. He's ripped off thousands from various members.
__________________
MAST 416 STROKER: STAGE 3 TVS 2300
CUSTOM CAM
TPIS 102 TB
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.


lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #45
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 10,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
I don't see why not. He's ripped off thousands from various members.
Let me rephrase. The cops will it get involved, it's not a police matter and the DA will not get involved unless that are mass complaints. No DA is going to take on a case of a missing $125 catch can.


Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #46
lexlueger


 
lexlueger's Avatar
 
Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte NC /Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Let me rephrase. The cops will it get involved, it's not a police matter and the DA will not get involved unless that are mass complaints. No DA is going to take on a case of a missing $125 catch can.


Sent from my 2SS/RS
He's ripped of at least 20k from members(myself included) on this forum. This is way bigger than a missing catch can.
__________________
MAST 416 STROKER: STAGE 3 TVS 2300
CUSTOM CAM
TPIS 102 TB
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.


lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #47
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 10,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
He's ripped of at least 20k from members(myself included) on this forum. This is way bigger than a missing catch can.
I get it, and I know that. My point is people need to start filing complaints, not just 1 person cause it will go nowhere.


Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #48
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
AirManFL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS/M6 COTW 10/7/13
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,178
Only 2 BBB complaints. D- rating.
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #49
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 10,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirManFL View Post
Only 2 BBB complaints. D- rating.
Only 2, that's my point!


Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #50
lexlueger


 
lexlueger's Avatar
 
Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte NC /Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirManFL View Post
Only 2 BBB complaints. D- rating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Only 2, that's my point!


Sent from my 2SS/RS
There were more. I think he has done something with the Rev extreme name vs RX performance. I filed one recently and don't see it. I filed under RX performance.
__________________
MAST 416 STROKER: STAGE 3 TVS 2300
CUSTOM CAM
TPIS 102 TB
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.


lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #51
MrGood

 
MrGood's Avatar
 
Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Balm, FL
Posts: 1,033
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
There were more. I think he has done something with the Rev extreme name vs RX performance. I filed one recently and don't see it. I filed under RX performance.
His official business name is Rev Xtreme. Searching on http://www.manateeclerk.org for Rev Xtreme shows it in the court records.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free


Also I'd like to add I left a bbb review and it's missing.

Last edited by MrGood; 09-20-2013 at 02:21 PM.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.