Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Bald rear Invos, replace just rear or set of 4 Pilot SS? Help me decide!

I need help deciding what to do with my next set of tires. I have a set of Nitto Invo's, 275/40ZR20's front and 315/35ZR20's rear. The rears are BALD (too much haha) and fronts still have plenty of tread life left. I plan on doing more autocross and HPDE road course events next year and frankly the Invo's don't perform as well as I had hoped!

So, here's my problem. Do I just replace the rear Invo's for $580 for now and run them till the whole set is worn out, then upgrade to a full set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports for $1400? Or spring for the SS's now and sell the front Invo's as used for whatever I can get for them? I am on a tight budget so I'm leaning toward the former but I won't be happy with the performance, and I'd hate to only get half the life I had hoped for with the fronts.

If I choose to go with the Super Sports I have questions regarding sizing, which I'll start a separate thread for. Thanks for your help!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote