Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 09-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
DavidW

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert Auto IOM
Is there air in my Intercooler circuit?

On my intercooler circuit the lines don't feel full when you squeeze them like they do on the radiatior , and with the cap open the fluid seems to kind of jump up the spout a little bit but no matter how long i leave the cap open while it runs the level doesnt go down and the way the fluid acts in the spout also doesnt change, is this normal or could there be air in the lines and if so how would you go about getting it out?
DavidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
I think that's normal, but I'm not a 100% on that.
69 X66 L78 OLYMPIC GOLD RAG TOP ALL OEM
69 X55 TUXEDO BLACK RAG TOP ALL OEM
RAG TOP ROB
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
mine had an air pocket in the lines and it was a pain to get it out. had to open the cap under the cover and put in small amount of coolant then reach the bottom of the cooling lines and squeeze the air up towards the top. id put a towel under the fill spout too but with lots of squeezing and patience the air will come out. turkey baster works good to suck out or put the coolant in that little hole.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
With the cap off, run the engine for one minute, shut off and let any bubbles escape. Top off with coolant. Repeat. It took me quite a few tries before the system was full after adding my new heat exchanger.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
Drew P

Drives: Camaro ZL1
You can buy a small funnel...cut the bottom of the funnel until it fits snuggly in the filler with the cap off...fill funnel with fluid...allow pump to run. When no more bubbles come up through the funnel, you are done. Make sure the funnel is kept topped off with fluid while the pump is running.
Mods: ID850 Injectors; D3PE HX, Reservoir & Atmospheric Catch-Can; LPE 2.55 Upper & 9.1 Lower Pulleys w/ ATI Damper; LPE Idler Pulley Relocation Bracket; "Green" Serp. Belt; Cat delete;ADM Exhaust Override; Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler (in addition to stock mufflers); Cold Air Inductions CAI; 160 thermostat; LS9 Isolator; Port/polish snout and intake runners; LPE GT9 camshaft with dual springs and titanium retainers; Kenne Bell BAP, Install and Engine Tune by Serious Hp; Fab work by D3 Performance Engineering; Trans Tune by Keith; Coming Soon: Flex Fuel Conversion.
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Warranty! Let GM deal with it. You have a new car so take advantage!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
DavidW

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert Auto IOM
Gm put dye in the circuit and added "3 cap fulls" the lines still feel empty , there is coolant lying at the very bottom of the fitting when i take the cap off , to me it seems it should be full covering both horizontal openings at all times otherwise there will be air in the circuit , the dealer says its full at this time and to monitor and see if the level drops , I might just say screw it an get a reservoir so I can be sure its full and air free , while also getting the benifits of a larger coolant capacity
DavidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
Gm put dye in the circuit and added "3 cap fulls" the lines still feel empty , there is coolant lying at the very bottom of the fitting when i take the cap off , to me it seems it should be full covering both horizontal openings at all times otherwise there will be air in the circuit , the dealer says its full at this time and to monitor and see if the level drops , I might just say screw it an get a reservoir so I can be sure its full and air free , while also getting the benifits of a larger coolant capacity
Why?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: Mini Cooper S
GM not having a water reservoir on the aftercooler is just plain stupid. This is how I and several forum members decided to fix GM's F-up. A simple water reservoir that makes checking and filling the system a breeze.