Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
 
Drives: 2005 Mustang GT M5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 95
Arrow SPIED: next gen hi-po SVT Mustang spied in testing

Whatever this is gonna be called, it'll be taking on the ZL1.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851
__________________
2005 Mustang GT
JLT2 CAI, Brenspeed 93 tune, Boomtube Axlebacks, Lowering Springs, Lakewood Panhard bar/brace.......296 RWHP/315 RWTQ
12.883@106.56

AmericanMuscle4.6GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,406
Very cool. The next generation of the war is about to begin. Ford will have the advantage of being first out of the gate but the flip side of that is that they have nothing to benchmark against. GM will know exactly what they have to do to be the top dog when they launch the 6th Gen.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
sizl1
Account Not Suspеndеd
 
sizl1's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 42
Looks like they haven't installed a roof, so we won't have an idea of the roofline. I'm betting it will be a fastback.
__________________
sizl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 934
Looks smaller,

By the way thats how every concept or up and coming models be covered with not with those vinyl camo. You can clearly see the lines and the whole thing with those. this one is so frustrating to look at coz all I can see is a 2 door car with dual exhaust lol (damn you inflated and buldging body covers )
__________________
"From ZERO to a Tire-Burning HERO!"


Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
Loading.....
 
Drives: Cadillac on four flats
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boondocks
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Very cool. The next generation of the war is about to begin. Ford will have the advantage of being first out of the gate but the flip side of that is that they have nothing to benchmark against. GM will know exactly what they have to do to be the top dog when they launch the 6th Gen.
Actually, SRT and Ford will debut their '15 cars around the same time. Ford will have the Hellcat to benchmark against and GM will have both Ford and SRT offerings to benchmark against.

But I do agree with you, HPW (Horsepower War) II is heating up quickly!
Loading..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot
 
crysalis_01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 327
I honestly dont see Ford giving much of a damn about Hellcat. Especially if the "Voodoo" rumors are true. They may be heading in a slightly different direction performance wise. Granted, I'm sure we will see an EB 5.0 that will be much more akin to the current GT500, but I see the SVT/GT350 competing more with Corvette...as much as Mustang can anyway.
__________________
'03 SVT Cobra-SC4.6L V8 || modded with mods'n'stuff
crysalis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
NASTY99Z28
 
Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 607
Fords benchmark is the outgoing gt500 as far as straightline performance goes. As for handling and ride I would imagine they would shoot for the zl1 and c7 vette. Yes I know the vette and mustang are in two different car classes but its still fords top dog and you might as well aim as high as you can and hope for the best.
__________________
He is like the jedi night of gayness. If hitler and henry ford had a special needs child together it would probably be the pill.
NASTY99Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot
 
crysalis_01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 327
With them running the camo'd car most likely to be the GT along side a Boss302S, you can only imagine what they're base lining the SVT model against.

And this will most likely be the GT350 (SA won't be producing theirs after '14) so I highly doubt they're base lining even straight line performance against the current GT500. That job will go to the next GT500 we'll see a model year or two after the launch of S550.
__________________
'03 SVT Cobra-SC4.6L V8 || modded with mods'n'stuff

Last edited by crysalis_01; 09-18-2013 at 01:15 PM.
crysalis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,899
I wonder what the GT350 is powered by. A naturally aspirated 5.8L with the TiVCT would be pretty sweet.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,906
I can't wait for the next Mustang to come out.
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot
 
crysalis_01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I wonder what the GT350 is powered by. A naturally aspirated 5.8L with the TiVCT would be pretty sweet.
The current rumor going around is a NA, flat-plane crank, DI, TiVCT 5.2L V8 (or 5.4, I can't remember which). Producing somewhere in the neighborhood of 550-600bhp. Code named : "Voodoo"
__________________
'03 SVT Cobra-SC4.6L V8 || modded with mods'n'stuff
crysalis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #12
102SS
waiting at the tree
 
102SS's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 799
Cool the pop up tent option for camping at the track
__________________
2010 2SS/RS A6 DD K/N CAI
60ft 2.03 13.08 at 107.82 (4/28)
1999 TA NBM A4
12.2 at 110
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #13
NASTY99Z28
 
Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
The current rumor going around is a NA, flat-plane crank, DI, TiVCT 5.2L V8 (or 5.4, I can't remember which). Producing somewhere in the neighborhood of 550-600bhp. Code named : "Voodoo"
Those are some serious numbers from a n/a engine. Also the flat plane crank will have a very excotic sound but I'm not sure how some purist will like that over the rumble of a traditional v8. If they manage to produce 550-600hp n/a then could only imagine it with some boost crammed into the mix!!!
__________________
He is like the jedi night of gayness. If hitler and henry ford had a special needs child together it would probably be the pill.
NASTY99Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #14
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot
 
crysalis_01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Those are some serious numbers from a n/a engine. Also the flat plane crank will have a very excotic sound but I'm not sure how some purist will like that over the rumble of a traditional v8. If they manage to produce 550-600hp n/a then could only imagine it with some boost crammed into the mix!!!
The 458 Italia extracts 567bhp from 4.5L. Granted that's an engine that'll spin to 9000rpm. Also it only makes about 390ft lbs of torque, but on a very flat curve from about 3200rpm up. Obviously that's a very pricey engine, so whether or not Ford can pull off similar output numbers, with .7-.9L more displacement, is yet to be seen.
__________________
'03 SVT Cobra-SC4.6L V8 || modded with mods'n'stuff
crysalis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #15
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
The current rumor going around is a NA, flat-plane crank, DI, TiVCT 5.2L V8 (or 5.4, I can't remember which). Producing somewhere in the neighborhood of 550-600bhp. Code named : "Voodoo"
Wonder why they would go with a flat plane crank. It would sound interesting.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #16
ford20
 
Drives: Boss 302
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
The current rumor going around is a NA, flat-plane crank, DI, TiVCT 5.2L V8 (or 5.4, I can't remember which). Producing somewhere in the neighborhood of 550-600bhp. Code named : "Voodoo"
I do believe that it is only going to be the 5.0L unless Ford figured out a way to make the bores bigger then 3.700 than the biggest they can go is 5.1 IIRC without going to a stroker style crank. It looks like Ford is really serious when it comes to the handling of this car. 6 piston brakes in the front 4 piston in the rear looks like possibly a 2 piece rotor and brake cooling ducts with a heat extractor in the hood. This one is supposedly the GT350 with a second SVT product coming out as well.
__________________
ford20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #17
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot
 
crysalis_01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford20 View Post
I do believe that it is only going to be the 5.0L unless Ford figured out a way to make the bores bigger then 3.700 than the biggest they can go is 5.1 IIRC without going to a stroker style crank. It looks like Ford is really serious when it comes to the handling of this car. 6 piston brakes in the front 4 piston in the rear looks like possibly a 2 piece rotor and brake cooling ducts with a heat extractor in the hood. This one is supposedly the GT350 with a second SVT product coming out as well.
There are a couple companies that can get the Coyote to 318ci without using a longer stroke. Livernois, rgrengines, and I realize that this is the aftermarket, thus there are huge differences . One such difference is the aftermarket still having to use liners instead of PTWA. So it's possible that Ford would have an ever so slightly easier time to get the same displacement.
__________________
'03 SVT Cobra-SC4.6L V8 || modded with mods'n'stuff

Last edited by crysalis_01; 09-19-2013 at 12:42 AM.
crysalis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #18
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Cool the pop up tent option for camping at the track
The camo Ford has been using on these cars has been a bit excessive to say the least.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #19
ford20
 
Drives: Boss 302
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
There are a couple companies that can get the Coyote to 318ci without using a longer stroke. Livernois, rgrengines, and I realize that this is the aftermarket, thus there are huge differences . One such difference is the aftermarket still having to use liners instead of PTWA. So it's possible that Ford would have an ever so slightly easier time to get the same displacement.
Yeah but now we are not talking about a production engine. I know Livernois can make a 5.3 engine along with their 5.1 and JPC/RGR has a 351 block but for something that Ford wants to put out they are heavily concerned with reliability. I agree with the PTWA statement though so you are correct, I think that now the 5.4 series is done for Ford will be using PTWA somewhere else but IDK how much strength that is going to give the block while opening up the bore to more than a 5.1L. I could be completely wrong because I can not say how strong the block would be with the PTWA treatment to be honest. It would be pretty awesome to have a big bore block from Ford though and I would love to see it, I would certainly snatch up that block if Ford made it available. So I really hope you are correct.

Hell I wish Ford would try and use the PTWA on a regular 5.0 on their sportsman block and see if that would hold up to the power levels that people need them to.
__________________
ford20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #20
NASTY99Z28
 
Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
The 458 Italia extracts 567bhp from 4.5L. Granted that's an engine that'll spin to 9000rpm. Also it only makes about 390ft lbs of torque, but on a very flat curve from about 3200rpm up. Obviously that's a very pricey engine, so whether or not Ford can pull off similar output numbers, with .7-.9L more displacement, is yet to be seen.
Hell look how high people are spinning the new 5.0 with boss intakes!!! If they really want it to be a track beast it will probably spin pretty high stock with the ability to spin even higher once tuned. Ford loves to make high revving motors and they do a damn good job so why stop now?
__________________
He is like the jedi night of gayness. If hitler and henry ford had a special needs child together it would probably be the pill.
NASTY99Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #21
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle4.6GT View Post
Whatever this is gonna be called, it'll be taking on the ZL1.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851
3 years later, lol. Ford is a bit behind. But cool info nonetheless.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #22
NASTY99Z28
 
Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
3 years later, lol. Ford is a bit behind. But cool info nonetheless.
Are you really knocking ford for being behind? Gt500 years later the Zl1. Boss mustang years later the 1le. Nothing wrong with playing catch up as long as you up the ante regardless of which brand it is...IMO
__________________
He is like the jedi night of gayness. If hitler and henry ford had a special needs child together it would probably be the pill.
NASTY99Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #23
trademaster
 
Drives: 06 Maserati gran sport, 12 z06
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit/NYC
Posts: 563
Those are some serious brakes and tires. If they put this supposed voodoo v8 in it and the rumored weights are accurate, that car will be stupid fast for a Mustang. The rumors and pics are making me a little antsy, I'm having flashbacks to 2003 when the terminator came out.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:47 AM   #24
right to travel

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 824
so im a noob at this engine stuff but if upping the displacement on the 5.0 is not a real easy thing to do would it be also hard to lower the displacement on the 5.8, lose the blower and update the tech with di and whatever else it needs?
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #25
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Are you really knocking ford for being behind? Gt500 years later the Zl1. Boss mustang years later the 1le. Nothing wrong with playing catch up as long as you up the ante regardless of which brand it is...IMO
Yes I'm knocking Ford for once. They were on top for along damn time. The ZL1 and 1LE wouldn't have happened if sales weren't made IMO. So to sit there and say they came out years later, yes your right in that aspect now they clearly concentrated so much over the years of big HP #s which doesn't always win. The GT500 competition is the 1LE. Until it beats that around a road course then Ford has plenty of improvement to be made as far as performance goes.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.