Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #205
aggieguy13

 
aggieguy13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: MCKINNEY,TX
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
I had one too. If I wasn't in high school and college when I owned it, I wouldn't have loved that car at all. But for impressing 17 year old bitches at parties, with straight pipes, it was sweet!!!! lol
whats with all the 4th gen hate............
4th gen camaros where comparably alot faster to comparable cars than our 5th gens are......

put a '02 SS against an '02 GT will abuse the GT, as my '13 vs a '13 GT is pretty well even.
__________________

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #206
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguyadult,10881
whats with all the 4th gen hate............
4th gen camaros where comparably alot faster to comparable cars than our 5th gens are......

put a '02 SS against an '02 GT will abuse the GT, as my '13 vs a '13 GT is pretty well even.
It was faster, but that's about it. It had horrible ergonomics, shit build quality, and handled like a wet noodle. Like I said, I loved that car when I had it, but as a sane adult, I would never own one. It was faster then the Mustang of that time, and the mustang still outsold it 4 to 1.
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #207
aggieguy13

 
aggieguy13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: MCKINNEY,TX
Posts: 1,278
Because every spoiled 16 year old girl in the US got a mustang. As most still do. Not ragging the stang. Just a fact.
__________________

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #208
HeavyIOM
 
HeavyIOM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
Because every spoiled 16 year old girl in the US got a mustang. As most still do. Not ragging the stang. Just a fact.

Thats true! I always here how the Mustangs are just teenage girl cars, not anymore than a 5th gen camaro. The 5th gen Camaro is the biggest girl car I have ever seen. out of every 30 I see only 1 is being driven by a male, thats a big maybe as well. Teenage girls seem to be the reason Chevy is selling so many. 10-14 Model year Mustang and Camaros, I see way more girls in the Camaro then the Mustang. 97-09 model years there are way more girls driving the mustang, but then again there are 7 years where there was no Camaro lol.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:38 AM   #209
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
It was faster, but that's about it. It had horrible ergonomics, shit build quality, and handled like a wet noodle. Like I said, I loved that car when I had it, but as a sane adult, I would never own one. It was faster then the Mustang of that time, and the mustang still outsold it 4 to 1.

The Toyota camry outsold the mustang 4 to 1 in 2002, what's your point?

Exactly. Using your logic the mustang is superior to a Maserati granturismo.... both v8 400+ hp coupes, but the mustang sold more so it's superior.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:43 AM   #210
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
It was faster, but that's about it. It had horrible ergonomics, shit build quality, and handled like a wet noodle. Like I said, I loved that car when I had it, but as a sane adult, I would never own one. It was faster then the Mustang of that time, and the mustang still outsold it 4 to 1.

The t56 is far superior to the t5 in the 2v, the 4l60e is an okay trans but also far superior to fords offering. The 2v engine was a joke and put down the same power as a v6 accord did in 2003....

Ford mod motors in general do not take as well to abuse or high mileage like an LSx car, a girl I know threw a rod in her mach 1 4v. It will easily cost twice as much to replace it as an ls1 would.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #211
HeavyIOM
 
HeavyIOM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
The Toyota camry outsold the mustang 4 to 1 in 2002, what's your point?
He wasnt comparing Mustang and camry. He was comparing two cars that would have been cross shopped. I know if i was shopping for a Mustang or a Camaro i wouldnt be like hey i know i want a sports car, but look at that camry, its a toyota so i should buy it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
The t56 is far superior to the t5 in the 2v, the 4l60e is an okay trans but also far superior to fords offering. The 2v engine was a joke and put down the same power as a v6 accord did in 2003....

Ford mod motors in general do not take as well to abuse or high mileage like an LSx car, a girl I know threw a rod in her mach 1 4v. It will easily cost twice as much to replace it as an ls1 would.
Right the 2V was a joke performance wise, but it didnt have to be better it was already out selling camaro and firbird. Why would Ford spend the money to make it faster when they already sold the crap out of them.

I have no idea what your talking about saying ford mod motors dont take well to abuse and highmilage. The 4.6 is a damn reliable engine. The two valves and 3 valves iv had have taken more abuse then id like to admit and they all have been 170K-200K miles when i have gotten rid of them. Shoot my dad still has a 98 2V F150 that went through 3 teenage boys, and is knocking on 300K still runs like it just rolled off the car lot. Iv never had a 4.6 4v so i cant talk from personal experiance, but the abuse ive seen friends put them through they seem to be pretty tuff.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #212
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
The Toyota camry outsold the mustang 4 to 1 in 2002, what's your point?

Exactly. Using your logic the mustang is superior to a Maserati granturismo.... both v8 400+ hp coupes, but the mustang sold more so it's superior.
With the exception of power output and the lack of t-tops the Mustang WAS superior to the Camaro of those years in every way.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #213
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
He wasnt comparing Mustang and camry. He was comparing two cars that would have been cross shopped. I know if i was shopping for a Mustang or a Camaro i wouldnt be like hey i know i want a sports car, but look at that camry, its a toyota so i should buy it.





Right the 2V was a joke performance wise, but it didnt have to be better it was already out selling camaro and firbird. Why would Ford spend the money to make it faster when they already sold the crap out of them.

I have no idea what your talking about saying ford mod motors dont take well to abuse and highmilage. The 4.6 is a damn reliable engine. The two valves and 3 valves iv had have taken more abuse then id like to admit and they all have been 170K-200K miles when i have gotten rid of them. Shoot my dad still has a 98 2V F150 that went through 3 teenage boys, and is knocking on 300K still runs like it just rolled off the car lot. Iv never had a 4.6 4v so i cant talk from personal experiance, but the abuse ive seen friends put them through they seem to be pretty tuff.
Agreed, have had a few 4.6s myself with round 200k miles that still ran smooth as butter. Also known of quite a few with a decent amount of modifications that were as reliable as any. I have also seen more than my fair share of failed LS1s too.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #214
87GNX

 
87GNX's Avatar
 
Drives: Alot
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Norcalifas
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
Because every spoiled 16 year old girl in the US got a mustang. As most still do. Not ragging the stang. Just a fact.
Goto a bigger city like dallas or Houston..you will see more female drivers in 5th gens then the newer 5.0s. The cars have switched genders now lol.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #215
HeavyIOM
 
HeavyIOM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Goto a bigger city like dallas or Houston..you will see more female drivers in 5th gens then the newer 5.0s. The cars have switched genders now lol.

Not just the big cities. i live in a smaller town and its 5th gen gallor with daddys princess driving.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #216
bigssc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 611
this thread has been going on for exactly a month and 1 day. wow very impressive how internet now-it-alls will never stop! continue on gentlemen. and its soooo far off from what the OP's topic was. now i see toyotas being mentioned. the internet truly is a strange place.
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #217
aggieguy13

 
aggieguy13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: MCKINNEY,TX
Posts: 1,278
Id say it's pretty even now honestly. I would bet there's more females driving current gen mustang than camaro. But that there are more females in SS' than in GT's
__________________

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold

Last edited by aggieguy13; 10-21-2013 at 02:23 PM.
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #218
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Thats true! I always here how the Mustangs are just teenage girl cars, not anymore than a 5th gen camaro. The 5th gen Camaro is the biggest girl car I have ever seen. out of every 30 I see only 1 is being driven by a male, thats a big maybe as well. Teenage girls seem to be the reason Chevy is selling so many.
MAN I need to move to Missouri! You guys seem to have an insane female to male ratio! Most Camaro's I see around here are male drive, but there is a fair amount of female Camaro owners too.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #219
HeavyIOM
 
HeavyIOM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
MAN I need to move to Missouri! You guys seem to have an insane female to male ratio! Most Camaro's I see around here are male drive, but there is a fair amount of female Camaro owners too.

Haha its not like that in general, a lot of male redneck hilbilly wannabes here that have to have a jacked up truck, thats super fast because its loud and has big tirrrrs. On the other side A LOT of spoiled daddy girls that get a Camaro because they wernt knocked up at 15 lol
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #220
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
With the exception of power output and the lack of t-tops the Mustang WAS superior to the Camaro of those years in every way.
Get out of your ford wet dream, they both had equal interior build quality... Though the design of the f body was more unique.

The LS1 was rated better mpg, it was more reliable, it made more power everywhere, it sounded better, it responded better to bolt ons, and it has a far superior aftermarket.

Line up a c5 ls1 vette and a ls1 f body and it's a drivers race.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #221
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Get out of your ford wet dream, they both had equal interior build quality... Though the design of the f body was more unique.

The LS1 was rated better mpg, it was more reliable, it made more power everywhere, it sounded better, it responded better to bolt ons, and it has a far superior aftermarket.

Line up a c5 ls1 vette and a ls1 f body and it's a drivers race.
I would argue the Mustang had better build quality, the interior was CERTAINLY better, the Camaros and the 97-02 Camaro interior is far superior to the 93-96. The Mustang had a more compliant Chasis, and looks are really subjective as a lot of people think the Camaro looked a lot like a squished catfish. I guess that is what you mean by "distinctive"? I already covered the fact the LS1 was more powerful, but it was NOT more reliable without some internal work.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.