Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
e7lek

Drives: Camaro SS
Flowmaster Outlaw Axleback Review

So I'v got my outlaws installed today and I for one would have loved to read a feedback similar to the one im about to give for those who are on the edge on buying this product.

A little background. I got a 2013 Victory red SS Automatic (L99) about a few months ago. The exhaust note was total BS compared to the mustang and challenger. The auto is especially muted with the resonator that is supposedly taking the more ridiculous AFM tone out. I dont know what chevy was thinking AFMing the Camaro. Its a muscle car, if someone wanted milage they would have gotten a prius lol. Anyway, so a couple weeks back I had an X pipe (Siamese) installed as well as magnaflow universal mufflers. The sound was average at best. I dont know what I was thinking getting those magnaflows. They sounded alright but barely audible from inside the cabin where you will spend most of your time listening to the car. Finally, we reach today.

Let me just get it out first - Jesus. Christ. Holy Molly/cow/shit/F***

I can finally hear my v8. and not just hear it, I can feel my soul being sucked into that sound, that sacred, epic V8 roar. In an attempt to define the sound that was achieved - With the car being stock lets say I could hear the exhaust note at 5%. With the x pipe and magnaflows 15%. Outlaws - 99%. You can hear every piston singing like an opera vocalist.

However, with all the praise comes the downsides. In this case it is only one. The outlaw is literally not for the faint of heart. If your state/country laws are strict on sound don't get them. An additional point is, the youtube videos that you see with the outlaws really and truly do not do them any justice. In real life the exhaust is like someone slapping you in the face with a trash can lid. It IS loud. You WILL probably wake up the neighbors just starting the car and backing it up.

With all that said. This system is worth every single coin I dropped on it. and it probably cost me more that it would cost any of you since I live in the middle east. $529 for the axle back and $300 for the shipping. It ate my wallet. I will probably not eat out or go out with friends in a while. Hey, who needs friends when you got Kraken living in your exhaust note.

Attached some pics.

For those wondering about AFM - I have the Range AFM delete. Amazing product in it's own right.

Much love,

Ahmed.
Attached Images

Last edited by e7lek; 10-08-2013 at 11:03 PM.
e7lek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
nice, gotta post up a vid
Old 09-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
e7lek

Drives: Camaro SS
Will do tomorrow hopefully, its 1 a.m where im at. I would wake up the country lol
e7lek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Yeah first things that went on my car. I have the 2nd production set made. Freinds car was the R&D car. You are right on the sound though, with the little LS3 resonators the car sounded great. I since had to add a Magnaflow resonated X pipe, now that I have shorty headers and hiflow cats it was to loud..lol
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes /Magnaflow resonated X Pipe/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Nice, congrats. I may go with a catback of these n put my current set up for sale.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Flowmaster always sounds the best
Old 09-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
Danthaman

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Agree with the above post. Flowmaster's are number 1 for sound. You can't beat it in my opinion.
Danthaman is offline   Reply With Quote