Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #1
Snyper25

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Exhaust help

I'm relatively new to this stuff so I would greatly appreciate any help or input. I have a 2015 Camaro SS. The mods I currently have are a CAI intake and a borla atak catback. I really like the deep tone that I currently have. But I wouldn't mind if it was louder.

I was thinking of getting JBA cat delete mid pipes and an SCT X4 flash tuner. I don't plan on changing the headers any time soon if at all. I understand this will give me some performance increase but I'm more interested in the sound.

I have a few concerns with these proposed upgrades and I was wondering if you guys could help.

I know with the tune I will be able to disable the rear O2 sensor so it doesn't throw a light. My question is with regard to emission testing, I live in MD and I believe our tests are strictly computer based. Will I still pass emissions with my rear O2 sensor tuned out or will they know I've been messing with the code?

I understand with these upgrades my car will become louder. I like the deep tone I currently have. Will these changes make my car significantly raspier? Or will the tune get rid of the obnoxious raspy sound (like a big truck at a red light)?

Another concern of mine is the police. A few people that I've talked to around here that have removed their cats have told me the police don't really bother them for the noise. So I'm curious about your guys experience with the police in regards to a loud exhaust.

Again, I'm really new to all this and just want my car louder and meaner. My proposed mods again are CAI intake, JBA catless mid pipes, borla atak catback, and a SCT X4 tuner. I haven't found a video of a Camaro with those exact mods so if anyone has those or a video or those all together that would help tremendously. Thank you in advance to everyone.
Snyper25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borla atak catback, cai intake, camaro ss, jba catless mid pipes, sct tuner