Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #85
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Regardless of the engine, it will need to be tested in any and all conditions when in Camaro. The Camaro will have different driving conditions mainly because its heavier then the Corvette and probably lighter than any of the other cars it might borrow an engine from. Plus it will breath differently than everything else.

That brings me to another point. Clearly there are at least 2 Camaros down there, which means they are testing 2 different engines. 1 is suspected to be a V6, the other a V8. But we don't know if there is a third car. If it isn't there then what we are seeing is the v6 and base v8, and that is all that will be availible at launch, although there will be some exterior detailing changes at launch I imagine (black gas cap on a white car?). Pretty much what we though, this just firms things up.

So until someone sees a third Camaro in Florida, I think its safe to assume that there will only be two Camaros at launch. Which means there will be only one V6 as opposed to the two that has been mentioned in the past.
Where is the white car with the sunroof we had seen the picture of before that was released? Maybe it is the third tester??
Old 03-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #86
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
That was like one of the "first" un-camod' shots I think.
Forged 11.4:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/Sphon poly adjustable TA/Sphon adjustable rear LCAs/e'fan conversion/DirtyMax radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners/HID conversion/LED exterior lighting/LED interior accents/Autometer Cobalts/AEM WBPioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4s/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other little stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #87
Shadow-phoenix
Terrorizing the streets

Drives: 06 GTO, 92 Camaro RS, 84 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via MSN to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow-phoenix
Quote:
First shot is what mustangs and challengers will see for about 5 seconds. the next two is what they will see the rest of the time.
five seconds, i think you give the mustang and the challenger too much credit. i think it will be more like three seconds, unless they see it from a long way off.

Rust is the vehicular form of cancer.

A stupid owner is a Camaro's worst fear, second only to the though of going to the crusher.

Camaro: a vicious animal that eats rice for breakfast, and mustangs for dinner.
Shadow-phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #88
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
Some one else did it, so I am next.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite GM to test drive here in WV. We could complete incredible research on:
Driving on curvy mountainous roads.
Dealing with punk from NJ who can't drive, but bring their cars here to school anyway,
Weaving in and out of traffic caused by PA people commuting to work who don't realize the speed limit goes up by 5mph when they enter WV.
D.C maybe good, but Morgantown is the best place to be creative where you park (because there is no parking). I once parked my Shadow in a bike rack because the Motorcycle parking was full.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre

Last edited by blindingillusion; 03-14-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: stupid fingers. learn to type
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #89
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
That was like one of the "first" un-camod' shots I think.
I just want to see this sunroof up close!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #90
91t/a
Student Athlete

Drives: 1991 trans am vert. 1 of 555.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbjczk71 View Post
White still does not make this car look good. There is something still not right looking about this car from looking at the car in that last photo, from the rear at an angle looking up the side. Something with the proportions is off a little bit, and it looks worse on the white car. Hopefully when I see one in person in a different color I will change my mind.
ya I AGREE...it looks kinda tall or something, and maybe its just the white...but i still love it!!!
i check this every morning and its made my day three times this week seeing these new shots!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #91
BalzOnYer4Head
Best First Post Ever! :)

Drives: F-150
So I called my buddy and told him how excited everyone was over his "spy shots" and how everyone liked the rear view shot a lot. He was happy he could please all of you F-Body Fans and dropped a bomb on me that he has video of it.

So I am waiting for that to be forwarded to me and in the mean time here are three more of those rear view shots.

Name:  win1.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  62.6 KB

Name:  win2.jpg
Views: 21427
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  win3.jpg
Views: 24100
Size:  53.8 KB
BalzOnYer4Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #92
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^SWEEET!!! Keep'em coming!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #93
BalzOnYer4Head

Update on the video: Ive got it and have sent it on to the powers that be. I warn you though that it is crappy cell phone quality but still some "live action".

Ive always loved the Camrao and have owned two in my lifetime. My first car was an 88 coupe, and in my last year in the Marine Corps I purchased a 92' 25th AE drop top convertible.

Like most of you all here I was really sad to hear them discontinue the line, and now that its back its fun to share in the excitement of its reclaim to glory!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #94
91t/a
Student Athlete

Drives: 1991 trans am vert. 1 of 555.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalzOnYer4Head View Post

Ive always loved the Camrao and have owned two in my lifetime. My first car was an 88 coupe, and in my last year in the Marine Corps I purchased a 92' 25th AE drop top convertible.
u still have ur third gen...like mine right?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #95
BalzOnYer4Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91t/a View Post
u still have ur third gen...like mine right?
No unfortunately. That vehicle slipped from my grasp in the transition from the Marines to civilian life.... Now I drive an 02 F150 because its reliable and practical.

But that new Camaro, I think it has awaken a sleeping hot rodder that misses the days of Bowtie Power. It looked alot like this one here, except I had a black rag top and had the wheels dipped in chrome.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #96
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Short Video, also added to original post:

Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #97
nikecar

Drives: None
Quote:
Regardless of the engine, it will need to be tested in any and all conditions when in Camaro. The Camaro will have different driving conditions mainly because its heavier then the Corvette and probably lighter than any of the other cars it might borrow an engine from. Plus it will breath differently than everything else.

That brings me to another point. Clearly there are at least 2 Camaros down there, which means they are testing 2 different engines. 1 is suspected to be a V6, the other a V8. But we don't know if there is a third car. If it isn't there then what we are seeing is the v6 and base v8, and that is all that will be availible at launch, although there will be some exterior detailing changes at launch I imagine (black gas cap on a white car?). Pretty much what we though, this just firms things up.

So until someone sees a third Camaro in Florida, I think its safe to assume that there will only be two Camaros at launch. Which means there will be only one V6 as opposed to the two that has been mentioned in the past.
I can confirm there are 3 Camaros, or were. i saw them loaded up opn the truck before 1pm ET.

there was 1 white, and 2 black. One of the blacks are V8, although the engineer said "these have V8's" while we stood next to the 2 black ones. but the white one at that moment was still out. I saw it in the morning and again as it came back when I was leaving. there was a Hybrid Tahoe and a Holden Lumina that is getting renamed to Holden Commodore to the Mid-East markets.

I have some pics, including a black Camaro /with partial Tahoe in it, and the black Camaro and the white Holden as they were getting loaded up to the shipping van.
nikecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #98
nikecar

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalzOnYer4Head View Post
I think you might be partially right. I can vouch though for the testing. When we chatted with the occupants of the black one we spotted at my local gas station, I could see a lcd screen built into the dash on the passenger side and he had a laptop hooked directly into the car.

The test mules are beaters. We could see black tape holding some parts of the dash together, the headlight inserts didnt even look like they were fit properly, and of course in the rear pic I posted you can see some weather stripping hanging down.

No company would market their new pony car looking that bad. However by removing all the camo-cladding and driving around in the open, it does allow for some "spy shots" that get posted to the web and create some buzz about the product.
On the black one, there was tape holding the trim of the guages in. It was pretty plain inside. The engineer said the style was there, but not the features in the final version. He said the sheetmetal was the final look. The headlights were to be changed to fill in the space, but what it looked like complete he didn't say.

He said, while standing next to the 2 black ones (the white one was on its way back from the road) that they were V8s, but wouldn't elaborate. He didn't offer pricing either when asked.

EDIT: None of these had a sunroof, BTW.
nikecar is offline   Reply With Quote