Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 07-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
FutureBumbleBee

Drives: 83 Z28, white, slow and dying
Can you add the convenience and connectivity package to an LS?

The only reason I'd upgrade to the 1LT is for the c & c package, which is extra money on top of the 1LT upgrade
FutureBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
No. The base LS is...the base LS. Having packages would defeat the purpose of the LT models. Sorry. :(
Old 07-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
FutureBumbleBee

Drives: 83 Z28, white, slow and dying
just to clarify i don't mean when I'm ordering it, but as an after i have it upgrade. Like my dad was able to buy something for his silverado and all the existing wiring harnesses were already there
FutureBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBumbleBee View Post
just to clarify i don't mean when I'm ordering it, but as an after i have it upgrade. Like my dad was able to buy something for his silverado and all the existing wiring harnesses were already there
It would cos more doing I inthe long un then t would to upgrade to the 1LT
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
Quackaddict

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Black on Black
I have a 1LT and it doesn have the C&C package that is the 2LT. I bet you could add it like I am going to add the guage pack just gonna have to replace items and pay GM retail. I know you would have to replace the steering wheel for sure.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
Fire

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackaddict View Post
I have a 1LT and it doesn have the C&C package that is the 2LT. I bet you could add it like I am going to add the guage pack just gonna have to replace items and pay GM retail. I know you would have to replace the steering wheel for sure.
The C&C package can be added to either the 1LT or 2LT.
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBumbleBee View Post
There is another post in which several people here on this board is currently looking into whether or not you can add the C&C package into trims that do not have it as an option (the LS and 1SS). The preliminary results are not looking good not to mention the cost of parts and labor will run about the same as it would to upgrade to the 1LT and get the C&C package plus that way it will be covered under factory warranty.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31532
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
I ordered my 1LT without the C & C and later wanted to add it. Asked my dealer if it would delay delivery. He checked and came back with a Yes, so I asked if the dealer could install it. They cannot. No C & C for me, oh well.

Post production would be tough for one reason too - the steering wheel has the control switches mounted on the wheel for C & C, it's not only the USB port addition for C & C. So wheel has be either changed or modified for C & C too.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote