Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 09-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #51
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
At high RPM, my SS won't go into 2nd without grinding even with a lift-shift. I can't imagine what horrors await with a no-lift-shift.
My 1LE does it all day long. No lift shift into any gear, no grinding. If the gears grind, it is because I did not clutch it enough.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #52
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 M6
So do we need to push the clutch in fully or just dab it?

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #53
qniknam
Account Suspended

Drives: 13 ZL1 | 13 SRT GC | 13 SRT CHARGER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
I would assume all the way, I was doing this with my 2012, except it would go sideways a little when i did that loooool
qniknam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #54
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff65SS View Post
The ZL1 front end is still the same for 2014
AS per GM's posting Because it would of taken way too much for GM to redesign it as it was already a million$ x only god knows project to do the first ZL1 front end and they would of had to add thousands of $'s to make up with the cost for what may only be a 1 or 2 yr run..,its the front that helps with all the down force for the great handling ...oh and they thought adding what we and everyone else has voted as the ugliest rear in a long time on a Camaro would be a good idea. why ? who ever thought that putting honda prelude rear lights on it was a good idea should be fired..
but hey honda did sell a lot of preludes,but thats was the 90's and everything comes back around...yes Camaro 5 did vote on what they thought about the new 14 rear also and it was voted down by a huge amount like 40-4 and some.....stop counting at the point when it was over sort of like little league but i still say its a ZL1,ugly still the rest of the car makes up for it,go enjoy it if you have it,but i dont understand why this posting is trying to make it like shifting a ZL1 is new,hell the 2013 i purchase instead of the 14 3 weeks ago will do the same thing,and so will the 2012 oh well I guess they just have to write about something..dang I just cant wait to get my 770 package back from fastlane here in H-town ...I post the pics as soon as i get them from them again fastlane I was sent them in a format i cant upload from the email so fastlane is sending them again to me....if you have it drive it like you stole it,lol

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  79.9 KB

Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 334
Size:  99.0 KB
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:57 AM   #55
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
Just like you would push it when lifting the accelerator. You can miss a gear or not fully disengage the clutch just like any other time. And it will hit the limiter for a slow or missed shift.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #56
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
AS per GM's posting Because it would of taken way too much for GM to redesign it as it was already a million$ x only god knows project to do the first ZL1 front end and they would of had to add thousands of $'s to make up with the cost for what may only be a 1 or 2 yr run..,its the front that helps with all the down force for the great handling ...oh and they thought adding what we and everyone else has voted as the ugliest rear in a long time on a Camaro would be a good idea. why ? who ever thought that putting honda prelude rear lights on it was a good idea should be fired..
but hey honda did sell a lot of preludes,but thats was the 90's and everything comes back around...yes Camaro 5 did vote on what they thought about the new 14 rear also and it was voted down by a huge amount like 40-4 and some.....stop counting at the point when it was over sort of like little league but i still say its a ZL1,ugly still the rest of the car makes up for it,go enjoy it if you have it,but i dont understand why this posting is trying to make it like shifting a ZL1 is new,hell the 2013 i purchase instead of the 14 3 weeks ago will do the same thing,and so will the 2012 oh well I guess they just have to write about something..dang I just cant wait to get my 770 package back from fastlane here in H-town ...I post the pics as soon as i get them from them again fastlane I was sent them in a format i cant upload from the email so fastlane is sending them again to me....if you have it drive it like you stole it,lol
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BcjIestFVOc

Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #57
thejudgemeister
Thejudgemeister

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
They should have 2014 front end and 2013 rear
Absolutely! I agree. I really don't like the 2014 tail lights at all. I wouldn't mind having the 2014 front end on my 2012 though.
thejudgemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #58
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
Why does the back of the car have the 2014 ass and 2013 front end?
Car breathes better with the old front clip, so it got to stay. Thank GAWD.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #59
HumanWiki
Former 5th Gen owner

Drives: 2012 IOM Grand Sport 4LT
I no-lift-shifted my 2010 5th gen s/c manual Camaro all the time at the track and never had a problem.

You just have to know how to shift fast enough.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #60
DrillSgt1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnov View Post
Is this only in the ZL1, or is this in the SS as well. My previous car had this feature and my 1LE SS won't be ready for delivery until the end of next month. I have been wondering if this works on the SS?

**EDIT**
I saw the previous post so I assume this is something specific with the M6 transmission which would mean it will work in the SS model???
Yes I have this in my 2013 1LE

DrillSgt1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #61
blackswan

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudgemeister View Post
Absolutely! I agree. I really don't like the 2014 tail lights at all. I wouldn't mind having the 2014 front end on my 2012 though.
I've seen 4 in person in different colors: black, blue ray, ashen grey and red. In person the tail lights are actually much nicer than in the photos I've seen and frankly I've come to like them. Also, there are some colors where the license plate area does look a little "Prelude"-ish, but really - not an issue in person. It's not THAT bad, though I do prefer the pre-14 lower fascia. The black looked the best, and would look even better painted body color instead of the flat grey-ish/black. Good opp for that vendor who is selling the painted versions of the pre-14 lower panel.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #62
Full Lock
Evasive Maneuvers

Drives: '14 Sierra SLT 6.2L Z71, 1LE SOLD
I had no lift shift in my Evo... the boost wouldn't dip below 14psi between shifts. it was very handy to keep boost on the ready. Not sure how much it would benefit a NA car though.
Full Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #63
Buffman
1LE FTW

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
No lift shift

Just saw this - pretty awesome for you ZL1 rides

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/10/...14-camaro-zl1/
Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #64
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
It's even better in person. When you change gears the exhaust spits out a machine gun "rapapappapapapa" as it hovers at redline. Sounds aggressive.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #65
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
It's even better in person. When you change gears the exhaust spits out a machine gun "rapapappapapapa" as it hovers at redline. Sounds aggressive.
Love the No-Lift-Shifting! Tried it with my Noweeds Exhaust Diverter Wide Open. My radar detector started to rattle, it was Crazy Loud! One nite I passed my husband on the hiway and he said he saw a flame pop underneath my car! Didn't see it with my own eyes, but I like the thought of flames popping out at redline!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote