Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
SoTHavok

Drives: Inferno Orange SS
Post Best rotors for 2010 SS Camaro? Carbon? Slitted?

Hey everybody so i was replacing my brakes and found out i need new rotors. Can you guys reccomend any good quality rotors? Should i go for slitted rotors? What about Carbon? I found OEM rotors for $60 but i was hoping i could get slitted for not too much more. Are oversized rotors a good idea? Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

2SS/RS L99 Inferno Orange,Flowmaster,CAI
SoTHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
always depend on budget.. if you liked your oem rotors than buy the same thing.you'll know the will last you same amount of time you had your originals..
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #3
1KillerSS

Drives: 2012_1SS_LS3
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
i found nothing wrong with the stock rotors after 34k miles of hard braking they never warped...they are a little softer than other rotors i cant turn the ones in the front there already to thin.

i switched to granitellie cross-drilled and slotted rotors i liked them and they have a lifetime warranty against warping there less than 550 for the whole set of 4 if i remember right.

I am switching to the R-1 premier crossdrilled and slotted rotors i like the look of those better and i "hear" there better performance at dissipating heat...ill see soon there on the way from ups. just remember with slotted and cross drilled rotors, they cant be turned there pretty much a one time and done thing...usually you can get two sets of pads before you need to buy new rotors tho.

if you like the look of slotted or cross drilled or both slotted and cross drilled rotors they get them but they will be a lot more than OEM when it comes to money.

good luck
Old 04-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
SoTHavok

Drives: Inferno Orange SS
I ordered a pair of the granitellie cross-drilled and slotted! @$259 it wasn't too bad. Stock wouldv'e been about $120 anyways.

2SS/RS L99 Inferno Orange,Flowmaster,CAI
SoTHavok is offline   Reply With Quote