Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
RKCamaro13

Drives: 2011 Red 2SSRS A6
Brake Bleeders

I got new calipers powder coated from mikethepowdercoater, and I'm trying to bleed my brakes. The back ones went fine, but when I started on the front passenger the inside bleeder wasn't long enough to seal and the caliper and the fluid kept coming out. I just got new bleeders to replace a couple of them and no other bleeder is long enough. Does anyone know if these bleeder screws are different for the front inside? Or if they changed the size for certain years. My car is a 2011, but I don't know what these calipers came off of. Please help.
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Struct Tower Brace, Painted Engine and Fuse Relay Cover, Foot well Lighting, CNC ported throttle body, Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Corsa 3" cat back exhaust, RX Catch Can, BMR Suspension, BC Coilovers, Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors, Magnuson Supercharger (soon to be).
RKCamaro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Pics please.

The factory screws and the replacement ones from racing brake were more than long enough.

intensifi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
RKCamaro13

Pics of what?
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Struct Tower Brace, Painted Engine and Fuse Relay Cover, Foot well Lighting, CNC ported throttle body, Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Corsa 3" cat back exhaust, RX Catch Can, BMR Suspension, BC Coilovers, Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors, Magnuson Supercharger (soon to be).
Old 09-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
MLL67RSSS

Drives: 67 Indy Pace Car
A friendly FYI: If you hate bleeding brakes like I do and the whole open/push/close/repeat a hundred times, you might want to check into speedbleeders. It's a bleed screw that has a built in check valve; crack it open/push pedal all you like/close when bled. LOVE the things!!!

http://www.speedbleeder.com/
MLL67RSSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #5
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
dude, those bleeders are great. I'm ordering now!

franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #6
RKCamaro13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
A friendly FYI: If you hate bleeding brakes like I do and the whole open/push/close/repeat a hundred times, you might want to check into speedbleeders. It's a bleed screw that has a built in check valve; crack it open/push pedal all you like/close when bled. LOVE the things!!!

http://www.speedbleeder.com/
I've got a brake bleeder pump so now worries there, but
Old 09-20-2014, 12:41 AM   #7
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKCamaro13 View Post
Pics of what?
bleeder screws mounted in the calipers

intensifi is online now   Reply With Quote