Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #26
Enator
 
Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77rs View Post
I look forward to this productionn post every month. Thanks!
Since 04-01-2010, 05:53 PM I have delivered these figures and I will do as long as I can. If not then I will let someone else take over
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #27
theamcguy
 
theamcguy's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 4
Two new charts this month. Very nice. Thank you.
__________________
Bill Strobel
Muscle Car Enthusiast
Fayetteville NC

Do It Right or Don't Do It At All
theamcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #28
rdsesq
 
Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 22
I am glad to see the figures and being a recent camaro owner, I must confess to being surprised. Until the gen-5, I can't recall a time when camaros out sold mustangs. (Maybe during the mustang II days...those were awful cars)

I'm seeing more and more camaros around my area. Although most are v6s. Very few SS models. And even more challengers.

I got a good deal on my SS back in July, but, that is the thing with yellow cars...people either really want them (it was my only color choice) or the really don't.
The dealer to dealer inventory trade was for an equinox. (Which seemed odd to me)

As for the numbers, with the soon to be arriving '14 with the new body tweaks, it doesn't surprise me that sales were down. I hope that I see even more camaros on the road. That means GM is selling them, they will continue development, modding parts will be cheaper (with the larger potential customer base), and eventually more jobs back here in the states. That would be a win-win-win (GM, the country, & me).
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #29
Dfault
 
Dfault's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 507
I'm guessing the Challenger is coming up because you just don't see very many of them on the roads. I look left and right and I see another Camaro and sometimes it just gets annoying because you're like...aww man another person stealing my attention on the road! Then you start to notice just how ugly you car is because it might be a little dirty from you driving all day long or having to be on a country highway for almost an hour to get to class, and then you have all these types of bugs on your car that just makes someone else' car look better(sorry for the run-on).



ANYWAY, long story short. If you see someone on the road very often and you're a car enthusiast are you going to want to buy something you see every day or are you going to want to buy something you don't see too often?

For me, I'd go with something I don't see to often just because I like to have something not very many people have.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #30
lurker
 
Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Texas
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
...ANYWAY, long story short. If you see someone on the road very often and you're a car enthusiast are you going to want to buy something you see every day or are you going to want to buy something you don't see too often?

For me, I'd go with something I don't see to often just because I like to have something not very many people have.

I'll admit to being shallow... and that was a very big reason why I swapped my Mustang for the Challenger. Problem is, once you get in the new one you notice every other one out there.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #31
Loading.....
 
Drives: Cadillac on four flats
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boondocks
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Look at how many different commercials Dodge has for the challenger. So, they should because. they advertises the heck out of those things because they need to get ppl to buy them.
This is completely false. Dodge do not advertise the Challenger and the last specific Challenger commercials (two of them) was back in 2010.

The Challenger is the least advertised vehicle compare to the Camaro and Mustang.
Loading..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #32
rich3fan
What's this button do?
 
rich3fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 1,163
No TV's out there in the boondocks Loading.....?
__________________
2013 SIM 2SS/RS - LGM Super Pro headers w/3" catback - Circle D Pro 1E - ADM Race Intake w/ADM Scoop - BWPTB - Elite Catch Can - Peak HP: 373/Peak TQ: 375
rich3fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #33
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loading..... View Post
This is completely false. Dodge do not advertise the Challenger and the last specific Challenger commercials (two of them) was back in 2010.

The Challenger is the least advertised vehicle compare to the Camaro and Mustang.
Maybe in "Official" Dodge advertising but have you noticed there seems to be many more automotive related ads using Challengers than Camaros or Mustangs. It's called product placement and I bet part of Dodge's advertising budgets get paid to companies to get them to put the Challenger in their commercials.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #34
Loading.....
 
Drives: Cadillac on four flats
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boondocks
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBroke View Post
No TV's out there in the boondocks Loading.....?
Ha! Plenty of TV's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Maybe in "Official" Dodge advertising but have you noticed there seems to be many more automotive related ads using Challengers than Camaros or Mustangs. It's called product placement and I bet part of Dodge's advertising budgets get paid to companies to get them to put the Challenger in their commercials.
If you notice in those automotive related ads that the Dodge moniker is missing, blurred out, or not visible at all? Dodge is not paying anyone to use the Challenger (or any of their products) when the moniker is blurred out or removed.
Loading..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,681
pretty much a wash since 09. interesting
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #36
Q'smuscle
life with muscle
 
Q'smuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loading..... View Post
This is completely false. Dodge do not advertise the Challenger and the last specific Challenger commercials (two of them) was back in 2010.

The Challenger is the least advertised vehicle compare to the Camaro and Mustang.
lmao ... I can point out a few commercials that dodge advertised the Challenger, like the most recent one I still see is one that has the Challenger and charger in it. talking about the muscle in their muscle cars and the other one was when they were in the desert with the Confederate flag . There was a George Washington look alike in it too. Another one was the commercial where they showed all of their cars in red and they kept showing the Challenger talking about most affordable muscle car. lmao.. top that
__________________
Chevy's nothing Else matters
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #37
edco
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 07gt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: STL, MO
Posts: 116
Drive what you want, I have never envied anyone with a late Camaro or Challenger. Too fat, too gas thirsty.They are very sedan like driving cars which is good because Americans like nice riding cars.
Since when is a Pony car a nice riding car? The pony enthusiasts are not a majority segment of car buyers. I get a Lincoln ride from my Crown Vic. I do not want any of that in my Mustang. With simple mods the 07 GT is 3225#. Everyone scoffs at the 3V 281cid V8. I like it better than the 5.0 Coyote. It is the only V8 I know of that the TQ/HP ratio is greater than 1 (1.07). I am glad everyone is buying all these muscle cars it is good for the US. I think Cam and Chall are a different car segment. Very much like the 196x T-Birds, Rivieras, Starfires, those cars were big V8 2 door coupes, fast, and were nothing like a Mustang. Mustangs were nothing like them and why would you want otherwise.
edco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #38
doc7000
 
Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lomita,CA
Posts: 266
One thing to consider (something that gets over looked often) is the fact that there were fewer selling days last month this year then the year before. So a 0% sales growth for the Camaro and Mustang is actually a positive number for that reason, it also makes Dodges numbers look that much more impressive.

You only had 23 selling days last month compared to 25 from the year before, I like to do the math and look at sells per day. Ford sold 192 Mustangs per day last month this year compared to 176 last year, GM sold 246 Camaros per day last month compared to roughly 226 last year. Dodge did 129 Challengers per day last year and 170 per day this year (6 away from the Mustang).

At Cerritos Dodge most have $2,000 cash on the hood with 2-3 cars having about $6,000 off. I am not sure if they had more units with big discounts last month which may have driven sales up. I will say that I have consistently seen lower incentives on the Dodge in my neck of the woods. $7,000 off us to be the norm and now $2,000 off is the norm, impressive performance I must say. I don't know why the 5.7L Hemi doesn't drop the 5 speed auto for an 8 speed auto....
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #39
mr02Z/28
 
Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phila.,PA
Posts: 665
I want the Daily Driver Z28 6th Gen when it comes out .....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #40
Q'smuscle
life with muscle
 
Q'smuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
Drive what you want, I have never envied anyone with a late Camaro or Challenger. Too fat, too gas thirsty.They are very sedan like driving cars which is good because Americans like nice riding cars.
Since when is a Pony car a nice riding car? The pony enthusiasts are not a majority segment of car buyers. I get a Lincoln ride from my Crown Vic. I do not want any of that in my Mustang. With simple mods the 07 GT is 3225#. Everyone scoffs at the 3V 281cid V8. I like it better than the 5.0 Coyote. It is the only V8 I know of that the TQ/HP ratio is greater than 1 (1.07). I am glad everyone is buying all these muscle cars it is good for the US. I think Cam and Chall are a different car segment. Very much like the 196x T-Birds, Rivieras, Starfires, those cars were big V8 2 door coupes, fast, and were nothing like a Mustang. Mustangs were nothing like them and why would you want otherwise.
I thought v8s was always gas thirsty but they are getting better gas mileage than the past v8s . Theses cars were always heavier and bigger than the mustang. So, mpg will be lower . I would not say no to a muscle car that drives good. Why not have the best overall cars. It's not a must but a welcome plus.
__________________
Chevy's nothing Else matters
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #41
77rs
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape May County, N.J.
Posts: 517
Don't know how you get the figures so fast, not only for camaro but for all 3! Cool info!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #42
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loading..... View Post
Ha! Plenty of TV's.



If you notice in those automotive related ads that the Dodge moniker is missing, blurred out, or not visible at all? Dodge is not paying anyone to use the Challenger (or any of their products) when the moniker is blurred out or removed.
You can go on believing that but If you don't think that manufacturers don't pay to have their cars featured in certain commercials you haven't read any articals on effective marketing. Just think about it, It's much cheaper for them to pay a fee and provide a car for the commercial than producing one themselves and buying air time to show it. It's really very smart.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #43
Q'smuscle
life with muscle
 
Q'smuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You can go on believing that but If you don't think that manufacturers don't pay to have their cars featured in certain commercials you haven't read any articals on effective marketing. Just think about it, It's much cheaper for them to pay a fee and provide a car for the commercial than producing one themselves and buying air time to show it. It's really very smart.
agree!
__________________
Chevy's nothing Else matters
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:06 AM   #44
rdsesq
 
Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
I do not want any of that in my Mustang. With simple mods the 07 GT is 3225#. Everyone scoffs at the 3V 281cid V8. I like it better than the 5.0 Coyote. It is the only V8 I know of that the TQ/HP ratio is greater than 1 (1.07). .
Not sure exactly what you are tryig to express, but, if it is HP/TQ above a value of 1 per cui, you are sadly mistaken. M TwinPower Turbo V-8 / 4 in the BMW M6 is 560HQ and 500 TQ with only 4L ( or 244.095 CI) Or the 2979 cu cm in the BMW1s aithough have 320HP and 320TQ.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #45
Enator
 
Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77rs View Post
Don't know how you get the figures so fast, not only for camaro but for all 3! Cool info!
I think I am first person in this world that sees these info first
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #46
Q'smuscle
life with muscle
 
Q'smuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 3,366
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
I'm guessing the Challenger is coming up because you just don't see very many of them on the roads. I look left and right and I see another Camaro and sometimes it just gets annoying because you're like...aww man another person stealing my attention on the road! Then you start to notice just how ugly you car is because it might be a little dirty from you driving all day long or having to be on a country highway for almost an hour to get to class, and then you have all these types of bugs on your car that just makes someone else' car look better(sorry for the run-on).



ANYWAY, long story short. If you see someone on the road very often and you're a car enthusiast are you going to want to buy something you see every day or are you going to want to buy something you don't see too often?

For me, I'd go with something I don't see to often just because I like to have something not very many people have.
LOL... I'm not going to pass up a 5thGen camaro just because I see a lot of them. Just because everyone else has one don't mean I have one and I wanted one. Matter a fact the more that I saw the more I wanted one and was killing me because I didn't . I don't base my decision on how many I see and don't see. What other car would you have picked a mustang or challenger ? i like those but Nope ! I bought what I wanted and that I couldn't live without having. I love the camaro. I guess you just bought yours because you didnt see a lot of them. You should've bought a Challenger because there's not that many on the road. Well , I'm starting to see alot of them. But who cars what everyone else has , it's about what I have. It's not the camaro fault that it is the most good looking muscle car.So, ofcourse everyone will have one or want one . I think it's the best looking car but that's my opinion.
__________________
Chevy's nothing Else matters
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #47
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
I

LOL... I'm not going to pass up a 5thGen camaro just because I see a lot of them. Just because everyone else has one don't mean I have one and I wanted one. Matter a fact the more that I saw the more I wanted one and was killing me because I didn't . I don't base my decision on how many I see and don't see. What other car would you have picked a mustang or challenger ? i like those but Nope ! I bought what I wanted and that I couldn't live without having. I love the camaro. I guess you just bought yours because you didnt see a lot of them. You should've bought a Challenger because there's not that many on the road. Well , I'm starting to see alot of them. But who cars what everyone else has , it's about what I have. It's not the camaro fault that it is the most good looking muscle car.So, ofcourse everyone will have one or want one . I think it's the best looking car but that's my opinion.
Maybe he would be happier with a Smart Car since you don't see many of them..... Joking!
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #48
Q'smuscle
life with muscle
 
Q'smuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Maybe he would be happier with a Smart Car since you don't see many of them..... Joking!
lmao.... good one ! Just wait and see if he keeps the camaro after nobody waves LOL. It never gets old.
__________________
Chevy's nothing Else matters
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #49
oldfriend


 
oldfriend's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32*38' 49N. 16*55'42W
Posts: 6,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexZr2 View Post
They are substantially cheaper is why. Poorer quality, less options.. but cheaper.
Yes it's cheaper , but in this case it doesn't mean less expensive , just cheaper !
__________________
2010 BLK 2SS RS IO
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #50
jd10013


 
Drives: 2012 camaro
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: central VA
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
Why is the Challenger coming on so strong this year?

I've had several people tell me they have a lot more room. not nearly as cramped in the drivers seat as the camaro or mustang. just more comfortable for larger people. and to tell the truth, I can see that. I'm only pushing 170/5'10" and I feel a bit cramped in the camaro.

it's also a nice car.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.