Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HURST
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
pglover19
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 56
Ambient Blue/Orange Interior Lighting Around the Door, Rings, Gauges, and Dash(maybe)

Can someone please confirm the ambient lighting inside the vehicle for a 2LT with RS package. For what I read so far, if you don't have the inferno orange interior there is blue ambient lighting down the doors, rings, and gauges. Is there also blue ambient lightning along the dash?

For inferno orange interior, I know that there is orange ambient lighting along the doors. Is there orange lighting around the rings, gauges, and the dash. Some are reporting that the ambient lighting is blue...

If there are no ambient lighting along the dash, has anyone attempted to install lighting along the dash.
pglover19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by pglover19 View Post
Can someone please confirm the ambient lighting inside the vehicle for a 2LT with RS package. For what I read so far, if you don't have the inferno orange interior there is blue ambient lighting down the doors, rings, and gauges. Is there also blue ambient lightning along the dash?

For inferno orange interior, I know that there is orange ambient lighting along the doors. Is there orange lighting around the rings, gauges, and the dash. Some are reporting that the ambient lighting is blue...

If there are no ambient lighting along the dash, has anyone attempted to install lighting along the dash.
So far NOBODY has ambient lighting across the dash.

Hopefully now that GM has emerged from bankruptcy they can finish making the Camaro interior.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
OrangeCruSSh
 
OrangeCruSSh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC
Posts: 281
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...bient+lighting

Look at the link above. It might help you out. There have been several discussions about this already. Use the "search" option and you will find numerous threads on this.
__________________
IOM 2SS/RS, Black Interior, 20" polished wheels
Ordered 3/16/09 Delivered 8/6/09
OrangeCruSSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,625
I will take some pictures of the blue lighting on my doors. 2LT RS
__________________
CAMARO.. 2010 The Heart Beat is back in CHEVROLET
Now let's put it back in America
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,265
The only car which get's red rings around the guages is the US spec 2SS with IO interior. That's it! All Canadian, Mexican, Middle East or US spec 2LT cars will get blue rings around the guages regardless of what interior you have. That's as simple as I can lay it out for you.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON
 
Camaro Lives On's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 1,687
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The only car which get's red rings around the guages is the US spec 2SS with IO interior. That's it! All Canadian, Mexican, Middle East or US spec 2LT cars will get blue rings around the guages regardless of what interior you have. That's as simple as I can lay it out for you.
This is the first time I've heard this...
__________________
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
This is the first time I've heard this...
Ask the guys with the IO interiors.....
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
ljustin293


 
ljustin293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 15,061
so V6 doesnt get orange gauges?? I didnt know that either
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
so V6 doesnt get orange gauges?? I didnt know that either
Nope.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
Countach
 
Countach's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 419
it probably will be offered on next years model or maybe sometime down the line 2010, but as of right now according to the fbodfather no v6's with the IO will have the orange rings
__________________
2LT/RS Auto with IO interior
1100 - 7/12/09 - NMGJKP
2000 - 7/20/09 - Order Accepted By GM
2500 - 7/22/09 - Order Preferenced
3000 - 7/23/09 - Order Accepted by Production Control TPW 8/17/09
3100 - 8/5/09 - Order Available to Sequence
3300 - 8/5/09 - Order Scheduled for Production
3400 - 8/12/09 - Order Broadcast
3800 - 8/19/09 - Order Produced 2G1FC1EV6A9137780
4200 - 8/20/09 - Order Shipped
5000 - 8/27/09 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 - 8/27/09 - Home
Countach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:03 AM   #11
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,625
Blue works good for me. 2LT RS

Matrix and I were comparing tonght. So glad ABL did not go over the dash.
__________________
CAMARO.. 2010 The Heart Beat is back in CHEVROLET
Now let's put it back in America
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #12
Matrix

 
Matrix's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Blue works good for me. 2LT RS

Matrix and I were comparing tonght. So glad ABL did not go over the dash.


Guys I really think ABL across the dash will be a mistake.
__________________
SIM Camaro 2010 V8-2SS/RS-A6!!+
Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #13
Brokinarrow


 
Brokinarrow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indianola, IA
Posts: 5,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post


Guys I really think ABL across the dash will be a mistake.
Did you add it yourself to see how it would look or something? Just curious
__________________
Brokinarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #14
len56
 
len56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010, or 2011 Yellow Camaro2LT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post


Guys I really think ABL across the dash will be a mistake.
I hate the huge expanse of uninterrupted plastic... they should have kept it...
len56 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.