Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #26
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I hear ya. I think far too many people (everywhere) have taken a Basic Economics course from our Government.
Unfortunately you are very correct. I was thinking about this with my niece the other day. Her dad cooks really well. And what I mean is they don't do hamburgers all the time or stuff like that. He does a lot of vegetables and grilled fish and chicken. And so that is how she is growing up, I bet that's how she cooks most of her life because that is the example that has been set for her.

The example set for America by those that govern it is that it is okay to borrow money that you never really intend to pay off. The game plan is to make payments and make payments, and then when someone wants a new car they talk about equity in the car and how much the new payment will be. It's just nuts.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #27
Leo_black

Drives: 2013 1LT
Wow, 12.99 is insane. You will pay way too much in interest than if you wait a bit. The bank I was considering my loan through would've only done 2.9 for 72 months and 5.24 for 84-96 (and the 7-8 year is only available for 30k plus loans.)
Leo_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '14 1LE
Everyone should monitor their credit. There's a bunch of websites that you can do this at. I use this one:

https://www.creditkarma.com/

Plug in your information and it will do what is called a "soft pull". It won't gig your credit like a hard pull will. It will give you your credit "score" and will break it down into 5 categories with an A through F rating for each category. Some things that are good to know, that most people don't know are these:

1. Credit cards. You want to have between 1% and 20% charged onto them. If you pay it off to zero, that is not good. If you have more than 20% of the available balance charged, that is also not good. People who are about to lend you money want to see that you have good control by NOT having a lot charged onto your cards, but they also want to see that you are using them (ie: having over 1%).

2. Length of credit history. Not much you can do about this one, but KEEP that very first charge card forever! Don't cancel it or go to a different one.

3. Amount of accounts (credit cards, auto loans, personal loans, etc) in your name. The older you are the more accounts they want to see. To give you an example, if you are over 40 and you have 3 or 4 accounts, you will score very poorly here. It's a catch-22 though. If you see that you need to have a few more accounts to get you from a "B" to an "A" rating in that category, department store credit cards will qualify, but then your overall credit history length will get shortened, lol.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #29
Dtowndog420

Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
Dude, you need to focus on paying off your other car loans, becoming debt free and living that way for a awhile. Putting yourself in debt like this for a car or anything for that matter is irresponsible and no way to live. But to each their own, JMTC.
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #30
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Everyone should monitor their credit. There's a bunch of websites that you can do this at. I use this one:

https://www.creditkarma.com/

Plug in your information and it will do what is called a "soft pull". It won't gig your credit like a hard pull will. It will give you your credit "score" and will break it down into 5 categories with an A through F rating for each category. Some things that are good to know, that most people don't know are these:

1. Credit cards. You want to have between 1% and 20% charged onto them. If you pay it off to zero, that is not good. If you have more than 20% of the available balance charged, that is also not good. People who are about to lend you money want to see that you have good control by NOT having a lot charged onto your cards, but they also want to see that you are using them (ie: having over 1%).

2. Length of credit history. Not much you can do about this one, but KEEP that very first charge card forever! Don't cancel it or go to a different one.

3. Amount of accounts (credit cards, auto loans, personal loans, etc) in your name. The older you are the more accounts they want to see. To give you an example, if you are over 40 and you have 3 or 4 accounts, you will score very poorly here. It's a catch-22 though. If you see that you need to have a few more accounts to get you from a "B" to an "A" rating in that category, department store credit cards will qualify, but then your overall credit history length will get shortened, lol.
Overall some good info here, but I disagree with some as the poster seems to be reading from the creditkarma script.

1- They do pull a soft pull but it's a Transunion FAKO score (meaning they use their own scoring araglrythem) which can be well off your true FICO score. My TU CK score is 789, my TU Fico is 823. FICO is what creditors look at.

2- Don't fall for the you need to carry a balance suggestion CK makes and their A-F rating system. There is no reason to carry a balance; in fact FICO will go up once you pay off to 0. The 1st month you'll take a minor hit, but the month after will rebound higher. If I were to carry even a 1% balance every month that would be about $6500 for me, no way am I carry a month to month balance of $6500. I use my C/C for EVERYTHING from a pack of gum to majot utilites and always pay off before the report date. Why I use a C/C for everything for several reasons: rewards, secrurity, extended purchase warranty, etc.

3- By all means cancel your oldest card only if it has a fee and you don’t use it. The card will continue to count towards your average age of accounts for 8 years even after closed. With that said, there is no reason to cancel it unless there is some kind of fee tied to it and you don't need it. Just sock draw it.

4- A good mix of accounts is important but the factor in true FICO scoring is very low (10%). It kills me when people get advice to take out loans (not saying you are doing that) just to add accounts to the mix. Get accounts as you need them, not to bolster your credit profile.

See FICO scoring chart below:

Last edited by nyrfan; 10-03-2013 at 01:19 PM.
nyrfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #31
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
I know I know. I had to...kind of.

I moved into an apartment, pulled credit. Got a new job, pulled credit, had to turn on the electric in my apartment, pulled credit, bought a car, pulled credit, refianced same car, pulled credit. Then I went for a home loan and had my credit pulled several more times. I am done for the next year or two. I shouldn't be moving, getting a new job, or buying anything for the next two years.

hmmm...
Old 10-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #32
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Just bought a new 2lt. my rate is0. I wait and save and buy what i can afford. if i cant afford a zl1 then i buy less. ls is still a great value too. but op u git to use ur head
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #33
Therealbigrich

Drives: 00 chevy camaro
Right now Im just going to wait and at least pay off my Z28 before I trade it in and I will try to save a couple thousand for a down payment. Hey I guess you never know maybe they will announce the 6th gen Camaro and Ill keep saving for that but thanks everybody for the advice.
Therealbigrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #34
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealbigrich View Post
Right now Im just going to wait and at least pay off my Z28 before I trade it in and I will try to save a couple thousand for a down payment. Hey I guess you never know maybe they will announce the 6th gen Camaro and Ill keep saving for that but thanks everybody for the advice.
Good way to look at it
JTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #35
Top~Dog

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Here's the bottom line my friend:

1) get buying a new car out of your (see 3 & 4 for the "why")
2) pull your credit reports - need to see if something has ur nuts in a vise
3) your credit score is fairly, well, um - crappy
4) right now, rates or 60 month are hovering around 3%...your rate was INSANE

- bankrate.com good for getting average rates
- annualcreditreport.com should give you all three major reports for free once a year

Not trying to dash your hopes...the last thing you want is to be cash strapped with a new car that just screams for you to do mods.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #36
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3 Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
You'll need a couple of years of payments before you can refinance with a better APR.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #37
jewel25

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
hmmm...
Hmmmm what? My lease was up, thought I could afford a house, boy was a wrong. At least it was a wake up call to restructure my finances. Kind of like the OP, hopefully the 12.99 is a wake up call.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #38
jas81363

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS M6 Blue Ray
Interest rate way to high.

That interest rate is way to high. My rate is only 3.25%. You might as well buy your car with a credit card a 12.99%.
jas81363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:06 AM   #39
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
When my Camaro came in back in 2009 the dealer had special loans @ very low
interest. I think the interest on the loan was 2 1/2%. You had to have an excellent
FICO credit rating over 750 to qualify. My wife's Cadillac is at 1.9% interest, that was another dealer special deal.

My point is you may want to check the dealer to see if they can give you a better offer, no way would I ever spend that kind of money at that outrageous interest-rate!

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #40
LStick

Drives: 2014 1LS Blue Ray
Pull the trigger on this at 13% for 72 months with other car debt in the background , and as my Dad would have said, you can go "Car Poor" real quick.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #41
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
You'll need a couple of years of payments before you can refinance with a better APR.
not true at all.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #42
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
credit is like opinions and a holes everyone has some! hahaha OP wait, wait, wait, and wait some more.
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote