Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #18
Blu Ray
ONYX-1LE
 
Blu Ray's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Black 1SS/RS/1LE - NPP-RECAROS
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In Front Of You
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
12.99 is actually a good rate with a score of 586 and 2 open auto loans.... I suggest pay off one of the open autos, hopefully by this time next year we will have a 6th gen in the pipes, drop the hammer then
__________________

FOUNDER
NY/NJ/PA DOMESTIC CAR CLUB
Custom Grind Comp Cam * Brian Tooley Push Rods, Springs * Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers * Comp Cam Trunion Bearings * NGK TR55 Spark Plugs * Rotofab CAI * Dyno Tune * CNC Ported Heads * LS7 Lifters & Tray * GM Performance Dual Mode Exhaust
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware
 
Manbearpig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SoCal/Chicago
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
One of the many reasons why I didn't get a loan last month. It said I had to many pulls within the last 12 months. Not sure how much it hurt my credit score, but the bank said no to giving me a loan and they said that was one of their reasons.
I believe it's any pulls within a certain amount of days, I want to say 14. This is supposed to be how your credit score stays safe if you finance through a dealer and they "Shotgun" your info to their lienholders. All inquiries appear as 1.

OP, wait, 12.99% is horrendous and you have two nice cars, I honestly wouldn't even advise it if you didn't have any cars at all. That's a bear trap at it's finest.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,700
Soap box

I don't understand why people think it is a good idea to have incredible amounts of debt. One problem with debt is the interest that gets paid to someone else. People need to wise up, pay cash for the amount of car the can afford, then make car payments to themselves until they can afford to step up to what they want. It irks me a little when I get on this forum and see people talking about car payments, there should be only one and it happens at the time of purchase.

I understand some people would say that a car is needed and that sometimes a person doesn't have the money to pay cash. Okay, but that argument cannot be made when talking about $400-$500 a month payments, or yet one better is folks talking about making payments on a ZL1 and it is sometimes north of $800. That is ridiculous. No one can ever argue that someone needed a ZL1 and that's why they can justify financing one. If someone has to have a car and their old one has blown a motor or something, then it really doesn't need to be a Camaro, it needs to be a much cheaper, reliable automobile that they can actually set a goal of paying off quickly, and start to save up for the car they want.

Step down off box now.
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #21
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 8,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I don't understand why people think it is a good idea to have incredible amounts of debt. One problem with debt is the interest that gets paid to someone else.
I hear ya. I think far too many people (everywhere) have taken a Basic Economics course from our Government.
__________________
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Vitesse Throttle Controller, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #22
Knockoutpie

 
Knockoutpie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,402
My interest rate is 3.3%...
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #23
bigbob11
 
bigbob11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 259
You said your credit union, sounds more like a loan from a loan shark, my credit union is @1.99
bigbob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #24
DRKS1D3


 
DRKS1D3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealbigrich View Post
Here's the situation I went to my credit union and applied for a loan in which I got a 72 month at 12.99% up to 26 k but at that rate I'm trying to stay as low as possible. I know my credit isn't the best right now but I think the main problem is I already have 2 loans out on my avalanche and z28 Camaro so the third loan is hurting my debt to income ratio. I could either buy a V6 Camaro for under 20k while I trade in my z28 and refinance in a couple months or I could just keep waiting until next year and save then decide. Just wanted to get some opinions on what would other people do in my situation.
Forget the damn car, work on your 586 credit score. Acquiring a second vehicle is the very least of your problems. Get your life in order first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
My credit score was pulled 8 times this year and every one of those times showed up on my credit report.
Every time you apply for credit, it goes on your credit history. I'm not sure why you were getting your credit pulled so many times in a short period, but it isn't very smart!
__________________
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (BOUGHT NEW 4-2011)--6 SPEED, K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS, JBA HIGH-FLOW CATS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866 (BOUGHT NEW 6-2012)--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #25
jewel25
Nov 20, 2016
 
jewel25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 36,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Every time you apply for credit, it goes on your credit history. I'm not sure why you were getting your credit pulled so many times it a short period, but it isn't very smart!

I know I know. I had to...kind of.

I moved into an apartment, pulled credit. Got a new job, pulled credit, had to turn on the electric in my apartment, pulled credit, bought a car, pulled credit, refianced same car, pulled credit. Then I went for a home loan and had my credit pulled several more times. I am done for the next year or two. I shouldn't be moving, getting a new job, or buying anything for the next two years.
__________________
jewel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #26
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I hear ya. I think far too many people (everywhere) have taken a Basic Economics course from our Government.
Unfortunately you are very correct. I was thinking about this with my niece the other day. Her dad cooks really well. And what I mean is they don't do hamburgers all the time or stuff like that. He does a lot of vegetables and grilled fish and chicken. And so that is how she is growing up, I bet that's how she cooks most of her life because that is the example that has been set for her.

The example set for America by those that govern it is that it is okay to borrow money that you never really intend to pay off. The game plan is to make payments and make payments, and then when someone wants a new car they talk about equity in the car and how much the new payment will be. It's just nuts.
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #27
Leo_black
 
Drives: 2013 1LT
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 51
Wow, 12.99 is insane. You will pay way too much in interest than if you wait a bit. The bank I was considering my loan through would've only done 2.9 for 72 months and 5.24 for 84-96 (and the 7-8 year is only available for 30k plus loans.)
Leo_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #28
joelster
 
Drives: '94 Z28+ '14 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tonawanda, NY
Posts: 745
Everyone should monitor their credit. There's a bunch of websites that you can do this at. I use this one:

https://www.creditkarma.com/

Plug in your information and it will do what is called a "soft pull". It won't gig your credit like a hard pull will. It will give you your credit "score" and will break it down into 5 categories with an A through F rating for each category. Some things that are good to know, that most people don't know are these:

1. Credit cards. You want to have between 1% and 20% charged onto them. If you pay it off to zero, that is not good. If you have more than 20% of the available balance charged, that is also not good. People who are about to lend you money want to see that you have good control by NOT having a lot charged onto your cards, but they also want to see that you are using them (ie: having over 1%).

2. Length of credit history. Not much you can do about this one, but KEEP that very first charge card forever! Don't cancel it or go to a different one.

3. Amount of accounts (credit cards, auto loans, personal loans, etc) in your name. The older you are the more accounts they want to see. To give you an example, if you are over 40 and you have 3 or 4 accounts, you will score very poorly here. It's a catch-22 though. If you see that you need to have a few more accounts to get you from a "B" to an "A" rating in that category, department store credit cards will qualify, but then your overall credit history length will get shortened, lol.
__________________
'94 Z28, 414" LT1, 10.15 at 133.65 N/A pump gas
'14 1LE, NPP, 12.991 at 109.40
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #29
Dtowndog420
 
Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas,Tx
Posts: 257
Dude, you need to focus on paying off your other car loans, becoming debt free and living that way for a awhile. Putting yourself in debt like this for a car or anything for that matter is irresponsible and no way to live. But to each their own, JMTC.
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #30
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 10,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Everyone should monitor their credit. There's a bunch of websites that you can do this at. I use this one:

https://www.creditkarma.com/

Plug in your information and it will do what is called a "soft pull". It won't gig your credit like a hard pull will. It will give you your credit "score" and will break it down into 5 categories with an A through F rating for each category. Some things that are good to know, that most people don't know are these:

1. Credit cards. You want to have between 1% and 20% charged onto them. If you pay it off to zero, that is not good. If you have more than 20% of the available balance charged, that is also not good. People who are about to lend you money want to see that you have good control by NOT having a lot charged onto your cards, but they also want to see that you are using them (ie: having over 1%).

2. Length of credit history. Not much you can do about this one, but KEEP that very first charge card forever! Don't cancel it or go to a different one.

3. Amount of accounts (credit cards, auto loans, personal loans, etc) in your name. The older you are the more accounts they want to see. To give you an example, if you are over 40 and you have 3 or 4 accounts, you will score very poorly here. It's a catch-22 though. If you see that you need to have a few more accounts to get you from a "B" to an "A" rating in that category, department store credit cards will qualify, but then your overall credit history length will get shortened, lol.
Overall some good info here, but I disagree with some as the poster seems to be reading from the creditkarma script.

1- They do pull a soft pull but it's a Transunion FAKO score (meaning they use their own scoring araglrythem) which can be well off your true FICO score. My TU CK score is 789, my TU Fico is 823. FICO is what creditors look at.

2- Don't fall for the you need to carry a balance suggestion CK makes and their A-F rating system. There is no reason to carry a balance; in fact FICO will go up once you pay off to 0. The 1st month you'll take a minor hit, but the month after will rebound higher. If I were to carry even a 1% balance every month that would be about $6500 for me, no way am I carry a month to month balance of $6500. I use my C/C for EVERYTHING from a pack of gum to majot utilites and always pay off before the report date. Why I use a C/C for everything for several reasons: rewards, secrurity, extended purchase warranty, etc.

3- By all means cancel your oldest card only if it has a fee and you don’t use it. The card will continue to count towards your average age of accounts for 8 years even after closed. With that said, there is no reason to cancel it unless there is some kind of fee tied to it and you don't need it. Just sock draw it.

4- A good mix of accounts is important but the factor in true FICO scoring is very low (10%). It kills me when people get advice to take out loans (not saying you are doing that) just to add accounts to the mix. Get accounts as you need them, not to bolster your credit profile.

See FICO scoring chart below:

__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389

Last edited by nyrfan; 10-03-2013 at 02:19 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #31
justa25thTA

 
justa25thTA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
I know I know. I had to...kind of.

I moved into an apartment, pulled credit. Got a new job, pulled credit, had to turn on the electric in my apartment, pulled credit, bought a car, pulled credit, refianced same car, pulled credit. Then I went for a home loan and had my credit pulled several more times. I am done for the next year or two. I shouldn't be moving, getting a new job, or buying anything for the next two years.

hmmm...
__________________
Yeah, I'll get around to it...
justa25thTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #32
kevinw

 
Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kansas city
Posts: 1,755
Just bought a new 2lt. my rate is0. I wait and save and buy what i can afford. if i cant afford a zl1 then i buy less. ls is still a great value too. but op u git to use ur head
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #33
Therealbigrich
 
Therealbigrich's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS and 2007 LT Avalanche
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cheverly, Md
Posts: 127
Right now Im just going to wait and at least pay off my Z28 before I trade it in and I will try to save a couple thousand for a down payment. Hey I guess you never know maybe they will announce the 6th gen Camaro and Ill keep saving for that but thanks everybody for the advice.
Therealbigrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #34
JTruck

 
JTruck's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealbigrich View Post
Right now Im just going to wait and at least pay off my Z28 before I trade it in and I will try to save a couple thousand for a down payment. Hey I guess you never know maybe they will announce the 6th gen Camaro and Ill keep saving for that but thanks everybody for the advice.
Good way to look at it
JTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.