Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #26
Princess1
Yield to the Princess
 
Princess1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro Princess Pink & Black
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Is that a "Pink Panther" edition? Jk, this is a badass way to support the cause. Hell, I'd drive it.
Omg PLEASE don't start that again LOL
__________________
Princess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #27
lurker
 
Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Texas
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
Too bad shes a poor race car driver.
A poor race car driver that would very likely embarrass every one of you guys flapping your gums if you were out there with her...
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #28
Warpaint69
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
A poor race car driver that would very likely embarrass every one of you guys flapping your gums if you were out there with her...
How much racing experience do you have on dirt or asphalt?
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #29
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
120 thats it
I think they limit them on rides like that. When Mike Wallace or whoever interviewed Jr while driving a fews years back they gave them a Vette speed limited to 120 for the ride.

But it's really cool to see drivers, or any celebrities, get involved with real issues and not be buttheads.
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #30
firedrop
 
Drives: 2012 2ss/l99 a6, victory red
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 379
would bang
__________________
2012 2ss l99/a6

CAI, custom catback with flowmaster series 10s
firedrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #31
hcso617
 
hcso617's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 rally yellow
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South East
Posts: 65
Great cause, great car and most of all courageous women.
hcso617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #32
Jim968
 
Jim968's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
How much racing experience do you have on dirt or asphalt?
How much do you have?

There is no question that a pro racer at ANY level would embarrass a non-racer on any race track.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #33
The_Blur
Moderator, USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Pensacola
Posts: 14,140
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
She has good taste in performance vehicles.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #34
Warpaint69
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
How much do you have?

There is no question that a pro racer at ANY level would embarrass a non-racer on any race track.
I've met Clint Bowyer on a couple of occasions, also watched him race on dirt in an IMCA modified the last couple years against my local circle burners. Clint Bowyer is one hell of a dirt driver, but he doesn't embarrass the top wheel men where I live. Plenty of people making laps at local dirt tracks with the talent and ability to race at higher levels that will never get a chance to do it. My racing experience is not with driving, but with engine building, car building, car setup, and everything else I gotta do to field 3 dirt track cars every weekend. Asphalt is a hell of a lot easier to race on than dirt. If you're good you can adapt to any sort of track, Danica can't. She's horrible on dirt. Dirt is very much a driver surface, you have to be extremely smooth, and understand that slower is faster.
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #35
bowtiefamily
 
bowtiefamily's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolet
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 578
Great cause although don't like her at all. She is as rude as they come!
__________________
bowtiefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #36
Jim968
 
Jim968's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
I've met Clint Bowyer on a couple of occasions, also watched him race on dirt in an IMCA modified the last couple years against my local circle burners. Clint Bowyer is one hell of a dirt driver, but he doesn't embarrass the top wheel men where I live. Plenty of people making laps at local dirt tracks with the talent and ability to race at higher levels that will never get a chance to do it. My racing experience is not with driving, but with engine building, car building, car setup, and everything else I gotta do to field 3 dirt track cars every weekend. Asphalt is a hell of a lot easier to race on than dirt. If you're good you can adapt to any sort of track, Danica can't. She's horrible on dirt. Dirt is very much a driver surface, you have to be extremely smooth, and understand that slower is faster.
No arguments on the skill of dirt track drivers, as I have tons of respect for them. I think lurker’s point is that Danica would wipe the track with anyone posting negative comments about her in this thread. On that point he’s 100% correct. You may know what it takes to field a competitive car on dirt, but if you’ve never turned a wheel yourself then Danica would kick your butt around your local track. If you don’t believe me then ask Clint Bowyer the next time you see him.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #37
SabotAndHeat
 
SabotAndHeat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus, Ga
Posts: 354
120...on a race track???

That's like making a cup of coffee in a moonshine still.
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #38
gajagfan

 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
Too bad shes a poor race car driver.
Hard to imagine you sounding like a bigger fool, but I guess anything is possible!
gajagfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #39
Eagleone
 
Eagleone's Avatar
 
Drives: Woman
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bahamas
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
I've met Clint Bowyer on a couple of occasions, also watched him race on dirt in an IMCA modified the last couple years against my local circle burners. Clint Bowyer is one hell of a dirt driver, but he doesn't embarrass the top wheel men where I live. Plenty of people making laps at local dirt tracks with the talent and ability to race at higher levels that will never get a chance to do it. My racing experience is not with driving, but with engine building, car building, car setup, and everything else I gotta do to field 3 dirt track cars every weekend. Asphalt is a hell of a lot easier to race on than dirt. If you're good you can adapt to any sort of track, Danica can't. She's horrible on dirt. Dirt is very much a driver surface, you have to be extremely smooth, and understand that slower is faster.
Sounds like the makings of a professional spectator.
Eagleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
Jim968
 
Jim968's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabotAndHeat View Post
120...on a race track???

That's like making a cup of coffee in a moonshine still.
In a car with no safety equipment and no helmets, 120 is about as fast as you would want to go. Sure the car could go faster, but would you want to risk killing a car full of breast can dr survivors?
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #41
Warpaint69
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleone View Post
Sounds like the makings of a professional spectator.

I wonder who owns the engine in this car, tunes the engine, makes setup changes at the track every weekend 7 months out of the year? I do.
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #42
Warpaint69
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
No arguments on the skill of dirt track drivers, as I have tons of respect for them. I think lurker’s point is that Danica would wipe the track with anyone posting negative comments about her in this thread. On that point he’s 100% correct. You may know what it takes to field a competitive car on dirt, but if you’ve never turned a wheel yourself then Danica would kick your butt around your local track. If you don’t believe me then ask Clint Bowyer the next time you see him.

She could beat me on asphalt or most any average joe that's never driven on asphalt, but on dirt she is horrible. She raced a late model in Tony Stewart's prelude to the dream benefit race he use to do yearly, she literally destroyed that race car from hitting the wall at least half a dozen times. Cruz Pedregon a NHRA driver can drive on dirt better than Danica! I will stand by my view of her being a terrible driver, watching her park her car on the first lap into the wall at Kansas Speedway speaks for itself. She's beautiful and she sells.

Clint Bowyer never raced asphalt until he went to NASCAR, he raced IMCA Modifieds at Lake Side Speedway which is a dirt track.
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #43
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
but on dirt
Which is all you seem to want to talk about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
she is horrible.
Which doesn't amount to a hill of beans in this thread.

Who cares....I bet she was terrible at softball too. Lets toss that around while we are at it.
__________________
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #44
Warpaint69
 
Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Which is all you seem to want to talk about

Which doesn't amount to a hill of beans in this thread.

Who cares....I bet she was terrible at softball too. Lets toss that around while we are at it.
Why do I keep referencing dirt? Because its a much more difficult surface to race on. Asphalt always has an ample amount of bite where as dirt either has bite when its wet or a whole bunch of nothing when its slick as glass dry slick. The point is with ample time on a asphalt track anybody with a lick of driving skill could do pretty well at it. If she's so damn good why hasn't she won and why she horrible on dirt? I would love to ask her about car setup and chassis adjustments, I bet she knows little. Anybody can sit in a seat and tell someone the car is tight or loose, they don't make the adjustments. Thats where dirt drivers have an advantage, they make all their setup changes, most of them have no pit crew.
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #45
lbheat
SoCal HT5(COTW 3/10/14)
 
lbheat's Avatar
 
Drives: In circles until I run out of gas.
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: La Puente, cali
Posts: 1,193
Theres a car in those pics?
__________________

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #46
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
Why do I keep referencing dirt? Because its a much more difficult surface to race on. Asphalt always has an ample amount of bite where as dirt either has bite when its wet or a whole bunch of nothing when its slick as glass dry slick. The point is with ample time on a asphalt track anybody with a lick of driving skill could do pretty well at it. If she's so damn good why hasn't she won and why she horrible on dirt? I would love to ask her about car setup and chassis adjustments, I bet she knows little. Anybody can sit in a seat and tell someone the car is tight or loose, they don't make the adjustments. Thats where dirt drivers have an advantage, they make all their setup changes, most of them have no pit crew.
But this thread is about breast cancer awareness.
__________________
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #47
Dizzy82

 
Dizzy82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Who cares....I bet she was terrible at softball too. Lets toss that around while we are at it.
I suck at baseball, let alone softball.
__________________
Power is worthless without control.
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #48
Misty
 
Misty's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 SGM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
damn right there is. Where is the Prostate Cancer Awareness Car at in NASCAR? Sept was Prostate Cancer Awareness month, did not see one thing NASCAR did for the "men" of their sport.

Men get breast cancer too. The camaro is in support of both men & women. But really, does matter who is driving the car or what type of cancer it is supporting? It is supporting a good cause - the fight against cancer. It honors the men & women who have lost the fight and those who are still fighting.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #49
Trailnut
 
Trailnut's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Chevy Camaro, '73 Chevy Truck
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North TX
Posts: 462
Great job CHEVROLET
__________________
'14/'69, SS, Auto, Summit White
Trailnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #50
Trailnut
 
Trailnut's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Chevy Camaro, '73 Chevy Truck
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North TX
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty View Post
Men get breast cancer too. The camaro is in support of both men & women. But really, does matter who is driving the car or what type of cancer it is supporting? It is supporting a good cause - the fight against cancer. It honors the men & women who have lost the fight and those who are still fighting.
I'm a Fireman and we wear Pink shirts during October but it also has a Purple Ribbon on the front for all cancers. We get very positive comments on them.
__________________
'14/'69, SS, Auto, Summit White
Trailnut is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.