Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 07-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
FutureBumbleBee

Drives: 83 Z28, white, slow and dying
What's LS and 1LT stand for?

Are these new monikers for Camaro?
FutureBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
Cliff Jumper 23

Drives: Camaro '11 really soon
No they actually stand for the models of the camaro. LS 1LT 2LT 1SS 2SS. If you check Chevy's site it will give you a detailed run down of what each model has. Enjoy.
Cliff Jumper 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBumbleBee View Post
Are these new monikers for Camaro?
pretty sure no...its gm's standard vehicle trim level ranking for mostly every car they make...whats it matter anyways? (no offense)
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
It's 1LS
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
FutureBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Jumper 23 View Post
No they actually stand for the models of the camaro. LS 1LT 2LT 1SS 2SS. If you check Chevy's site it will give you a detailed run down of what each model has. Enjoy.
No no I mean what does the LS stand for, like SS = super sport. LS=luxury sedan, licensed stud etc..
LT too..

And I also meant are they new for Camaro (I know z28 and ss aren't)
Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
PieNsky

Trim level. Have you seen the LS on the deck lids of GM cars? The Type LT was a trim level in the 70s. The Berlinetta (spelling?) replaced it. It had more comfort features.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
LS and LT also signify engines?
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #8
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It is hard to confirm the actual meanings, but some have argued that LS signifies Luxury Sport and LT signifies Luxury Touring. Obviously, this would mean that the Z would have to have meaning in LTZ models of other GM cars. It would be safe to argue that the only real meanings being LS and LT are that they can be used to identify what level of Chevrolet the driver purchased. This works for passive advertising because onlookers who admire the quality of any LS model will find that that the better bargain may be the LT or that Chevrolet's LS models bear similar quality to competitors' superior models. Chevrolet's goal in marking the differences is to excuse its brand for any inferiority in the LS because it truly is the base trim, although GM has recently made an effort to make even the LS trim superior to competition models in certain cars and trucks, making the more affordable produce easier to sell.

The Camaro has never had a model labeled LS or LTZ in the past. In the past, it was possible to get a Camaro LT. Obviously, the SS and Z28 packages were more favored for their performance-oriented character. The RS was always desirable for its attractive appearance options.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
FutureBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Trim level. Have you seen the LS on the deck lids of GM cars? The Type LT was a trim level in the 70s. The Berlinetta (spelling?) replaced it. It had more comfort features.
ohh wasn't the berlinetta the 4 cylinder? for the camaro..

oops guess it isn't

and the RS used to be the 6 cylinder right?
Old 07-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
LS is always the base of Chevy's. Like my Blazer LS it's got no power or cruise control.

This is actually the first LS that's loaded with power and CC as well as stabilitrak.

1LT is your next step up, normally these are just marked LT, then LTZ typically. 2LT really is about what LTZ would be

SS is Super Sport. I don't know if the L* letters are an abbreviation or not.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #11
PieNsky

Quote:
ohh wasn't the berlinetta the 4 cylinder? for the camaro..

oops guess it isn't

The Berlinetta had the power windows, cruise, wheels etc. most called it a girl's car because guys didn't want that stuff. You know, back when men were men It replaced the Type LT as being more luxury.

The RS, Rally Sport, was just an apperance option. My brother-in-law has a 1967 SS with the RS package. Even the Z28 could have the Rally Sport option.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
This is actually the first LS that's loaded with power and CC as well as stabilitrak.
Not really...most Chevy LS models have had power windows and door locks standard for some time now. Cruise control too.

LS models are basically the bare minimum you can get on a Chevy with it still being competitive. They can be thought of as the value-priced cars. They have all the standard amenities that you would expect to find in a modern car, but nothing more.

It isn't until you get into the LT models that you're able to start adding options, and usually the LT models are the most popular.

On regular Chevrolets, LTZ is the top trim level with barely any options due to the fact that most equipment comes standard. Usually the only options are upgraded sound systems or navigation/entertainment options.

None of these trim level designations stand for anything anymore. They're just letters used to differentiate between the trim levels.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Quote:

I bought a 1976 RS New, yes it was only an apperence package. The hood and roof were painted black with a 3 colored stripe around it, Rally Wheels, and the spoiler and front air dam, and a tech.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #14
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
not new to Camaro

I drive an LT.
But mine is a V8
Old 07-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #15
car guy

Drives: black
enjoy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Jumper 23 View Post
I am confused. I see you have answered a question for another user. then you wrote: "enjoy" So, I am confused. What is it that he or she should enjoy? Many people are in the habit of being "smart" and answering questions and then for whatever reason unbeknownst to me or, I think, anyone for that matter, they write "enjoy". I frankly find this irritating. Is this some kind of passive aggressive unconscious message? Well that's really all I have to say. I would like a response about what this "enjoy" REALLY means. I think it's aggressive. Like, your real smart / I'm read dumb and I shoudl enjoy looking up what 1lt means which I will then enjoy? or, I should now enjly my life but prior to your insane suggestion that I "enjoy" I would have not enjoyed? Well, if that's the case may I say I am enjoying questioning your telling people to enjoy. Now that's enjoyable! So, with that I will bid you farewell and:

ENJOY!!!!!

yES ENJOY WILL YOU PLEASE. IN FACT, ENJOY A PIZZA. THAT WOULD MAKE A WHOLE LOT MORE SENSE.
car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #16
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by car guy View Post
I am confused. I see you have answered a question for another user. then you wrote: "enjoy" So, I am confused. What is it that he or she should enjoy? Many people are in the habit of being "smart" and answering questions and then for whatever reason unbeknownst to me or, I think, anyone for that matter, they write "enjoy". I frankly find this irritating. Is this some kind of passive aggressive unconscious message? Well that's really all I have to say. I would like a response about what this "enjoy" REALLY means. I think it's aggressive. Like, your real smart / I'm read dumb and I shoudl enjoy looking up what 1lt means which I will then enjoy? or, I should now enjly my life but prior to your insane suggestion that I "enjoy" I would have not enjoyed? Well, if that's the case may I say I am enjoying questioning your telling people to enjoy. Now that's enjoyable! So, with that I will bid you farewell and:

ENJOY!!!!!

yES ENJOY WILL YOU PLEASE. IN FACT, ENJOY A PIZZA. THAT WOULD MAKE A WHOLE LOT MORE SENSE.
..... nice first post?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #17
chicagojoe16

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:

ENJOY!!!!!

"I find you to be dick so I will be dick in response to your dickishness"
Old 07-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #18
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
So can we assume that LS=Luxury Sedan, LT=Luxury Touring and SS=Super Sport? They seem to make the most sense. Does anyone really know what LS and LT actually stand for? After all, that was the OP's original question......not whether they were enjoying anything or not.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #19
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

ENJOY!!!!!

This has to be the weirdest first post ever.

Enjoy.

And LS, LT, and LTZ no longer mean anything. Just like SL, SLE, SLT, CX, CXL, and CXS don't mean anything.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #20
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
And LS, LT, and LTZ no longer mean anything. Just like SL, SLE, SLT, CX, CXL, and CXS don't mean anything.
Thanks! Enjoy!!
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #21
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
ZOMG! Can't we all just enjoy and be done with it!?!?
- X
Old 07-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #22
SRVFAN
Too Much FUN!!

Drives: RUBY!! 2010 2SS/RS RJT Camaro

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production): 7/30/09 - TPW 8/17/09
3300 (scheduled for prod) 8/5/09 THANKS Viz!!
3400 (broadcast): 8/15/09
3800 (produced):8/22/09 - #39,334
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
5000 (at dealer):09/03/09
6000 (delivered to customer): 9/3/09
SRVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:

ENJOY!!!!!

Holy carp! I was not the author of the post that the above quote is responding to, but I say "enjoy" after almost anything I do for someone. It's meant to be a humorous and pleasant way to say "you're welcome". I wonder if there's people out there who have that reaction and think I'm being sarcastic.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #24
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It is hard to confirm the actual meanings, but some have argued that LS signifies Luxury Sport and LT signifies Luxury Touring. Obviously, this would mean that the Z would have to have meaning in LTZ models of other GM cars. It would be safe to argue that the only real meanings being LS and LT are that they can be used to identify what level of Chevrolet the driver purchased. This works for passive advertising because onlookers who admire the quality of any LS model will find that that the better bargain may be the LT or that Chevrolet's LS models bear similar quality to competitors' superior models. Chevrolet's goal in marking the differences is to excuse its brand for any inferiority in the LS because it truly is the base trim, although GM has recently made an effort to make even the LS trim superior to competition models in certain cars and trucks, making the more affordable produce easier to sell.

The Camaro has never had a model labeled LS or LTZ in the past. In the past, it was possible to get a Camaro LT. Obviously, the SS and Z28 packages were more favored for their performance-oriented character. The RS was always desirable for its attractive appearance options.
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #25
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:

ENJOY!!!!!

WOW! Medication adjustment needed over here!
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote