Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #171
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
Unfortunately I'm not going to be much help to ya guys. I don't know much of anything...I was actually given a link to the site after I found out some shots of the Camaro had been taken at the Proving Grounds.

The Camaro was allowed to drive off property that day so I was relieved to hear the pictures weren't taken ON property and leaked out.

I can't give out any information that's not out already. Sorry guys. Damn integrity!

The car is damn sweet though. I feel like GM FINALLY scored a hit with the interior of this car. Oh and the exhaust note......is an eargasm.

BUY GM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Welcome to the site! NOW PM ME W/ MORE DETAILS!!!

Good question!
did someone mention the.....

yes, a pm would be most-welcome (hint-hint)
Old 03-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #172
decodethis
Dr. Decode

Drives: 1969 Camaro SS
I want shots of the sideview mirrors. I can't believe they're as I've seen so far...
Old 03-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #173
black_camaro_SS

Drives: 13 BOSS LS
Send a message via AIM to black_camaro_SS
Its just so damn hard waiting for this beast. since the 2006 auto show.... I use to have 3 old camaros a 67. and 2, 68's. But the car has always been amazing and im sure gm will have us gasping at the SS. Im thinking around 550 horses for the SS because it will probably be similar to the cts-V's motor? Not sure.... but the pre-production release in 7 months, OMG CANT WAIT!!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #174
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
He was talking about the site.
Gotcha
Old 03-18-2008, 07:26 PM   #175
Punchy

Drives: Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post
Glad to have you here Punchy, I've got one question that you might be able to answer. Why would the Camaro be allowed to leave the proving grounds other than to get caught on camera?
If they thought they could take that car off property and not expect someone to take a picture of it....they were mistaken. I think they feel that everyone's seen all they can see with the new Camaro. I mean it was in a movie right?

Who's from AZ here?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #176
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2009 Silverado and 2007 Cobalt SS
Quote:
If they thought they could take that car off property and not expect someone to take a picture of it....they were mistaken. I think they feel that everyone's seen all they can see with the new Camaro. I mean it was in a movie right?

Who's from AZ here?
Yes and no, a GTO with a Concept body was in the movie. I am sure you know that the Pre-production is a little different. We just want to know what the differences are and are willing to go through great lengths to find them legally. Right now, I think we would be happy with a sound bite of the motor.

I just moved to San Diego from Mesa.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #177
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: Demon SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Yes and no, a GTO with a Concept body was in the movie. I am sure you know that the Pre-production is a little different. We just want to know what the differences are and are willing to go through great lengths to find them legally. Right now, I think we would be happy with a sound bite of the motor.

You could secretly take pictures when no one is looking and distribute them to me via PM if you like. I'll say my friend at the factory took them.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #178
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious

Be careful what you joke about, GM is watching
Old 03-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #179
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:

Who's from AZ here?
i'm from AZ.
so does that mean i can get some inside info??? since we are like neighbors and all. well neighbors that live like 30+ miles away form each other and have never met, but neighbors none the less.

idea: lets go out i'll buy the beers and you tell me everything you know about the camaro.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #180
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
I am going to mesa around the first of april so if i spot anything ill be sure to take some decsent photos. i.e. no cell phone
Old 03-18-2008, 10:31 PM   #181
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
ya babe!! Super Sport!! so cant wait! definitly somthing new! loving it!
2015 Chevy Malibu 1LT--- Daily Driver
________________ --- Reserved For Camaro
________________ --- Reserved For Classic Buick
Old 03-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #182
Punchy

Drives: Dub
Quote:

See. That's how little I know.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #183
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post

Be careful what you joke about, GM is watching
Always watching... hehe

...second to none
Old 03-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #184
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Alright, however tiny an observation my observation may be, did anyone else at least notice the same thing???
Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #185
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Hey guys,

I was talking to a local dealer who's talking to some what he says are reliable sources at GM.

Has anyone heard of Saleen possibly making the SS engine? I mean didn't Saleen just recently make their own corp and they are no longer Saleen-Mustang? What do you guys think of that. Oh and the dealer guys said that the SS will be the 3rd and most superior model.

Comments?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #186
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
^ Yep. It's called SMS Limited. Here's an excerpt from a news brief on the subject from Motortrend.com

Quote:
Apparently unable to stay away from the performance game for too long, Steve Saleen has announced a new company dubbed SMS Limited. Saleen says the company will offer a chance to create high performance and custom automobiles that are not based on Ford production vehicles or mechanicals. The separate company was needed due to Saleen’s insistence that Saleen-branded automobiles be linked exclusively with Ford products, as they have historically been.

“I am drawing upon 25 years of rich experience in the automotive industry to address the rapidly expanding global market of automotive lifestyle vehicles, technical performance parts, accessories, and apparel,” Saleen said in a recent statement. Saleen left his executive post at Saleen Inc. last year to take on a new CEO postion with the U.S. based exportation arm of Chinese automaker, Chamco.
http://wot.motortrend.com/6233347/au...ars/index.html
Old 03-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #187
bsmithinc

Drives: 98' s-10
This may seem like a ridiculous question, but how can you be sure that this is indeed the SS? Or is this pure speculation with a few facts?

Closed Thread