Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #26
therealkitt
5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to therealkitt Send a message via Yahoo to therealkitt
oooooooooohhhhweeeeeeeeeee that thing looks hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #27
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Best part for me...SOUNDED LIKE A DEMON!
Old 03-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #28
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
How many Christmas mornings am I going to have this year?

I'm in agreement about the hockey stripe. I hope there are a lot of options when it comes to striping on the car. For me, it's either the racing stripes or nothing at all.

Last edited by balonywolf; 03-16-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #29
smokn'

Drives: Banana boat
i agree with you asrapid...lol. i'm with everyone else, the stripes do look somewhere past hideous, but i'm sure it's all testing stuff. and as for the whining noise...well, call me a heretic but i'm not sure if i want a factory supercharged engine. ok, let me rephrase that, i'm indifferent about it. i would love to have a na engine that is as snake eater, and then put a blower on it so it can be a snake destroyer! but to each his own! i know, i'm just kinda old fashion.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #30
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
Guys and gals, go here: http://chevynation.com/?link=5.0.0 This is the official Camaro Connection, enjoy!
Old 03-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #31
cz

Drives: black lincoln ls 02
Location: in Iraq at the moment stationed in WA. state but from montgomery al
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosc35 View Post
Guys and gals, go here: http://chevynation.com/?link=5.0.0 This is the official Camaro Connection, enjoy!

whats on there im at work and cant get 2 the site
Old 03-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #32
scottyballs

Drives: 98 T/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
I am wondering about the whistling sound. It would lead me to think that it is supercharged as well except for one thing......the hood vent is not open. It would stand to reason the the General would open the vent on an S/C car. I'm thinking the whistiling noise might just be the pulleys on a high compression engine. It is getting really exciting on the boards now all these finds are great!
You dont need a vent open for a forced induction engine it dose not even need to be open on a N/A car... just like the "ram air" on a WS6 its not a sealed system... btw why would a H/C motor make that sound just cause its H/C ? Ive seen plenty of H/C setups and have never heard one whistling unless there running a pete jackson type gear drive wich has nothing to do with pulleys..

The whistling sound is probly the S/C if he really heard one in the first place..
Old 03-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #33
Raven

Drives: 2001 Z28
Me likey...stripes and all. Just goes to show that they are experimenting with some options for us
Old 03-16-2008, 10:07 AM   #34
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
Wow that all i have to say on that photo. The wait is almost over for my new ride!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #35
craezjo

Drives: Mustang GT
that whistle is probaly the same engine as the cts-v with 550hp hopefully, if he did hear it.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:52 AM   #36
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Did it sound like this? If so...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7S7xbxuaXrA

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
Old 03-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #37
eR1c

Drives: 1977 Porsche 930 Turbo
I find that chevy nation web site extremely annoying.
couldn't find the camaro you were talking about there either.

as far as the new camaro spy photo, -excellent! I love the stripes. They give the car a much more aggresive look. I too would rather have painted stripes rather than vinyl or flat stripes.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #38
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm not liking the stripes, I generally don't like graphics on a car. But thats not a big deal since this appears to be the top dog. Have those stripes been availible only on SS's? Or could you get them on the Z28 as well? Because if they were only for one or the other that would give us a pretty clear indication as to what this car is called

And that whistle is most likely a supercharger meaning that this is almost certainly the GT500 killer.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #39
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Thanks for posting the photos!

This is truly an exciting time, re; awaiting the Camaro's arrival, catching glimpses of "mules", etc.! It's only going to get better.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:15 AM   #40
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrapid View Post
whistling sound..maybe it is flux capacitor ..was it going close to 88 mph and then just vanish?

It's awesome to see the SS in pre-production, on the weekend with spy pics! Excellent!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #41
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post

It's awesome to see the SS in pre-production, on the weekend with spy pics! Excellent!
It's been such an exciting week for sure... hopefully the start of many. Hoping to see more pics, info and maybe even video of this car soon
Old 03-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #42
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
so the ss has a supposed supercharger??

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Old 03-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #43
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 67, SS - RS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Do you guys think they will have the "bumblebee" paint scheme available for the SS? Had to ask that for my wife's sake. I think they may only have it for the V6. I'm holding out for an SS anyway. I like red with black stripes.

**On a really, really important note**

The last post reminded me about what was the first CD, song that I would play in my new Camaro. Back in Black was going to be one of my choices. I was thinking American Badass by Kid Rock as my first song, CD. Other than listening to the 400 some odd ponies under my hood when I first get in for the first few minutes, I'll be jammin out afterwards.

What will you listen to???
Old 03-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #44
91t/a
Student Athlete

Drives: 1991 trans am vert. 1 of 555.
personally, id rather them stay away from the supercharger...more things to go wrong, and just drop in an LS7! Chevy has never really needed a s/c to woop up and i dont know why they should change now!?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #45
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Stripes???

Not to rain on anyones awesome parade, but couldn't you have waited for it to pull up just a little more????
Still, it's better than nothing!
And, finally it's getting closer to my part of the country!
Can't wait to see it strolling down the LV Strip.... with me in it of course!!!
I can do without the stripes.
PEACE
Old 03-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #46
TheNewDamage
GM For Life

Drives: Corvette & Reatta
While I prefer the original SS stripe and hockey stick shapes and colors I cant blame the designers for wanting some independence of design rather than just a slavish recreation of the past. And who knows, maybe they even want to create some Camaro history of their own. And from what I have seen they might just be doing that. With current technology they can get a tremendoues amount of ponies to the ground and still keep the tree huggers (somewhat) off their backs. I have been a 'vette guy the last few years and had actually planned on a CTS as my next car but damn these are some sharp looking cars.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #47
robbie9999

Drives: 1966 GTO
Guys... I am loving the new convertible coming out saw it live at the Toronto auto show ... here's the thing... the product speacilist told me 65k for the convertable with the big wheel package blah blah blah ... I do want the car, but the more I think about it,
1. The price for the car is too much
2. The will depreciate quickly...
3. Take a look at a used new mustang 2 or 3 years old. The lose value fast I am not getting caught up in the hype - love the car ... I mean LOVE IT but I will wait to see a. if it will look like the concept b. what the final price is out the door
4. All these spy spots are great but do you not get the feeling that it really looks the same as most other cars on the road... maybe I am just high.... And losing it ... the car has to look like the concept for me to be sucked in
Old 03-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #48
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
that has to be something more than an ss if it is supercharged because i thought that there was only gonna be a base (V6) and a ss (LS3)? perhaps the z28 is gonna be the top dog once again??
Old 03-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #49
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie9999 View Post
Guys... I am loving the new convertible coming out saw it live at the Toronto auto show ... here's the thing... the product speacilist told me 65k for the convertable with the big wheel package blah blah blah ... I do want the car, but the more I think about it,
3. Take a look at a used new mustang 2 or 3 years old. The lose value fast I am not getting caught up in the hype - love the car ... I mean LOVE IT but I will wait to see a. if it will look like the concept b. what the final price is out the door
4. All these spy spots are great but do you not get the feeling that it really looks the same as most other cars on the road... maybe I am just high.... And losing it ... the car has to look like the concept for me to be sucked in
Hmm...don't believe 65k...that is an astronomical number for a Camaro. I don't care if it's the most powerful engine, a convertible, and has a big wheel package...it won't come in at 65k...that's Corvette territory...in fact, that's edging in on the Z06...granted still roughly 10k away, but still...65k was/is a rediculous figure for this vert. So I say, just wait for the official figures...you'll be surprised!!

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Old 03-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #50
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie9999 View Post

dude either you were really high when you posted this, lol..... or someone is screwin with you man....65k......who told you that.... you shoulda slapped this person on site! I bet you'll be able to get two convertibles for that price almost.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY

Closed Thread